It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Feb 22nd: Don't dare attack Iran, Israel..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by CALGARIAN

what I see happening is very far fetched but, I see Israeli's leaving their country one way or the other Once again. History repeats it's self over and over.

That would be acceptable. Join the ranks of failed states.

I would suggest that if Russia has warned of consequences to an Israeli or US attack on Iran, we'd better expect those consequences. They do not bluff, and they have some real tools in their kit that can make life unpleasant for nations that cross the line they've drawn. They will not (and should not) see an invasion of Iran as anything less than a threat to their own national security and sovereignty. We (being any nation involved in that invasion) have been duly warned, and would just be asking for a smack-down.

Israel cannot attack Iran on its own, without being destroyed. The fact that they might is simply a testament to how out of touch they are with reality... and how secure they are in the belief that the US will step in and back them. Even if the US stays out of it, Israel's weapons will have been provided by the US. The US also has a pretty clear record of backing whatever Israel does, so who would believe that no green light was given?

That said, if any actual evidence is found showing conclusively that Iran is pursuing a nuclear weapon, all bets are off. I believe Russian support would mellow at that point.

Now should we talk about China?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I feel like the situation over there is a big game of Jenga

The tower gets taller and taller and taller and all it's gonna take is that one last piece before the tower collapses...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

How bout we attach you to a guided munition and drop you on iran if you want to fight for israel. Use your arms to guide the weapon to your target.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Russia would be an idiot with such a good economy to carry out an attack against Israel as they have US backup and this would cause war with them as well. All the US and Russian allied nations would be against each other, not a smart move on Russia considering Israel will most likely carryout an attack on Iran eventually regardless.
edit on 23-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Russia, has a submarine, that its only purpose is to be underwater, in case of a Nuclear attack, then pop up a year from the Nuclear war, Only to fire off more nukes if there motherland is destroyed. Talk about making sure no one wins, and everyone Dies. Israel should stop talking so big, and shut the hell up, they wouldnt last long without American aide, which most americans dont want.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by aitealan
So, I wonder.

Say Israel did attack. What would Russia do? Would anyone with a decent knowledge like to speculate?

Russia wouldn't do anything. We've already got 50,000+ troops there, with battle groups all over the region. Russia would find out that little dogs have a big bite.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

You have absolutely, positively, unequivocally ZERO idea of what you are talking about.
Or you are purposely being misleading.

Just because Georgia had Nato/US trained troops, does not allow you to make the absurd assertion that Russia had "Nato and US troops running scared"
Yes, 2000 troops "running scared", would make your assertion correct, but would not make it any less misleading.

Do you suffered from the "Russia can project power" ailment?

Russia can no more project power than can China or Iran. There is not one single US military leader, that fears a conventional war with Russia.

Now, don't attempt to flip script, talking about Nukes and ICBM's... That is not the topic you spoke of, nor the one I replied to.

I read further through the thread, you don't hold your credibility close to heart eh?

Trained by the US, now means they are the US? With that completely asinine logic, China, Russia and nearly every other military on the planet has US troops? We have trained their troops, so now they are US troops?

Do you believe that Georgia, US and NATO, thought the outcome would be any different? Do you think we felt Georgia would defeat Russia? Or, maybe, just maybe, there was a purpose to this action, that goes beyond your thought spectrum?

edit on 23-2-2012 by ScarletWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

Wake up. Your country did not win world war 2 either. That is ONLY in american history books, the US ran out running just like it has from every other "war" in the past century.
WWII only have 2 sides. Winners and Losers. There are ALLIES and there are ENEMIES. The Allies Won. By the way, how did Nazi Germany end up with East and West Germany?

The russians are in fact behind the world's most powerful nuclear bomb test ever, at 50 kilotons.

One can always make bigger bombs to prove their capabilities. This was during cold war days to show off that theirs is BIGGER
Ultimately thats what bankrupted USSR and ended the cold war in 1989. Do you know which date was it actually tested? Do you think Bigger and inaccurate is better or Smaller but accurate is better?
Ofcourse these days they can be both but definitely not during the cold war days.

The difference here is that the russians have pride and like to show their might, but they are not cowardly enough to TEST a nuclear weapon on a population as one shameful country has done TWICE, which did not solve anything or finish anything.

What pride? Proud that they received the recipe in suitcases from the Manhattan project?
Truth is that the russians never had the bomb during WWII. They only got the technology after WWII (thanks to the scientists who believed in a distributed power and a balanced world) handed the technology to Russia. See the link below.

PUTIN_THANKS_THE_SCIENTISTS_AND_MOLES

I'm pointing out that people saying the whole "yeah US will just fire a crap load of nukes and save the day". You don't know that, and somewhat think a pre-emptive nuclear strike will save your country. If the US were to nuke another nuclear armed nation they would end up at the bad end of the stick almost immediately after launching them.
Every country with nuclear weapons know that. Nothing new. They all know each others and their own limitations. There are several kids on ATS too..so give them a break

edit on 23-2-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Or what? The same thing they did after Desert Storm? Gulf War II? Afghanistan? Libya? Geez....those Russians sure are scary with their TALK.

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Russia warns Israel not to attack Iran
ca.news.yahoo.com...

"Of course any possible military scenario against Iran will be catastrophic for the region and for the whole system of international relations," Deputy Foreign Minister Gennady Gatilov told a news conference.

It was one of Russia's starkest warnings against resorting to force, an option Israel and the United States have not ruled out if they conclude that diplomacy and increasing sanctions will not stop Iran from developing a nuclear bomb.

"I hope Israel understands all these consequences ... and they should also consider the consequences of such action for themselves," Gatilov said. "I hope a realistic approach will prevail, along with a sensible assessment."

Russia warns against 'hasty conclusions' over failed Iran nuke talks, West critical of Tehran
ca.news.yahoo.com...

VIENNA - Russia said Wednesday the world should not draw "hasty conclusions" over Iran's most recent rebuff of U.N. attempts to investigate allegations the Islamic Republic hid secret work on atomic arms, but the U.S. and its allies accused Tehran of nuclear defiance.

Under international pressure to show restraint, Israel, which has warned repeatedly that it may strike Iran's nuclear facilities, pointedly urged major world powers to mind their own business, saying it alone would decide what to do to protect the Jewish state's security.

This could be Russia playing both sides, as they normally do, or sincerly are concerned because they have invested time, scientists and money into the Iranian Nuclear Project.

We'll soon find out. IMO?

Russia wouldn't dare send troops to assist Iran or attack Israeli/American bases in the region...
edit on 22-2-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think the only people who are truly worried are the folks on ATS. These folks get stirred up over every little comment or headline. Must be kids or something because this stuff has happened for DECADES.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletWitch
reply to post by Iwinder

Do you believe that Georgia, US and NATO, thought the outcome would be any different? Do you think we felt Georgia would defeat Russia? Or, maybe, just maybe, there was a purpose to this action, that goes beyond your thought spectrum?

edit on 23-2-2012 by ScarletWitch because: (no reason given)

Precisely. The person doesn't even think logically that what would few thousand troops (about 2K) or so would accomplish in Georgia?
I dont think he knows that the Poland Missile Shield was the topic around the conflict timeframe in Georgia. Smoke Screen anyone?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think that Russia could destroy Israel with nukes but then again if they hit Israel with 30 nukes then they have also contaminated their "friends" in the middle east. I also dont think the Russians wants to see Moscow, St. Petersburg, Leningrad etc vaporized over messing around with Israel because Israel does indeed have second strike capability as well as missiles that can touch most of Russia.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I think the only people who are truly worried are the folks on ATS. These folks get stirred up over every little comment or headline. Must be kids or something because this stuff has happened for DECADES.

I feel the same way but sometimes it becomes our responsibility to channel the young guns into the correct direction with clarifications if necessary. Especially if they do not learn history in school (thanks to the public education system), then why not?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Russia wouldn't dare send troops to assist Iran or attack Israeli/American bases in the region...
edit on 22-2-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

would you bet all your chips on that?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Pretty sure Mossad already has nukes planted in major Russian cities.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Iran started all the trouble with israel. Their president keeps saying he is going to nuke israel whenever he gets the bomb.
Israel got nukes back in the 1960s from France. They have not used their bombs.

Now iran will have nukes in 6 weeks debka.com... so what should they do.

If somebody told you they will kill you when they get a gun and you know they will have one -what would you do?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

i think russia is going to nuke iran
russia uses israel as a base. I read there are 3 million russians living in israel because they dont like cold weather.

when i visited jerusalem during easter i saw it was true their are whole neighborhoods with russians signs in russian and they speak only russian

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by lordnightstalker

If Israel nukes Russia and Iran the USA will not get off scott free.

And also most off the G20 nations will not get off scott free along with the rest of whats left alive on earth

It would be game over for everyone except for the elite in their underground cities/bunkers!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

israel has over 5000 nukes and there are some in their submarines and in their jericho missiles. I read they have developed a laser that can make a dome over the country to block missiles from landing there. Its the result of the us and israel working on the star wars project together with president regain

thats why iran launched satellites last week to check out the radar before they nuke israel= they don't want to waste their nuclear missiles on israel
I think they will nuke saudi arabia who they hate

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

i think the mossad and cia and kgb are working together in iran assassinating their nuclear scientists. it is well known that iran is planning to take over the world.

russia doent want trouble with israel,their leaders vacation in israel in the winter-my church went to israel during christmas i could not believe how many russians were on the beach with bodyguards in tel aviv

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join