Russia Feb 22nd: Don't dare attack Iran, Israel..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Russia warns Israel not to attack Iran
ca.news.yahoo.com...

"Of course any possible military scenario against Iran will be catastrophic for the region and for the whole system of international relations," Deputy Foreign Minister Gennady Gatilov told a news conference.

It was one of Russia's starkest warnings against resorting to force, an option Israel and the United States have not ruled out if they conclude that diplomacy and increasing sanctions will not stop Iran from developing a nuclear bomb.

"I hope Israel understands all these consequences ... and they should also consider the consequences of such action for themselves," Gatilov said. "I hope a realistic approach will prevail, along with a sensible assessment."

Russia warns against 'hasty conclusions' over failed Iran nuke talks, West critical of Tehran
ca.news.yahoo.com...

VIENNA - Russia said Wednesday the world should not draw "hasty conclusions" over Iran's most recent rebuff of U.N. attempts to investigate allegations the Islamic Republic hid secret work on atomic arms, but the U.S. and its allies accused Tehran of nuclear defiance.

Under international pressure to show restraint, Israel, which has warned repeatedly that it may strike Iran's nuclear facilities, pointedly urged major world powers to mind their own business, saying it alone would decide what to do to protect the Jewish state's security.

This could be Russia playing both sides, as they normally do, or sincerly are concerned because they have invested time, scientists and money into the Iranian Nuclear Project.

We'll soon find out. IMO?

Russia wouldn't dare send troops to assist Iran or attack Israeli/American bases in the region...
edit on 22-2-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
OIL is a powerful mineral, smh.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You know what? I just posted in regards to how much oil the USA actually has in reserve in regards to shale and how much Canada has, the problem with it is Gas would have to hit around 7.00 a gallon for it to be viable.

Everyone is beating on America but we could well walk away from this as the worlds only, literal super, super power

The thing is we'd have to throw Israel under the bus to do so and Obama might actually be the guy who get's away with that.

If Israel attacks Iran and we don't help Israel and Russia attacks Israel, It's a total win for America and Europe, Israel with a few Hundred Nukes would basically end both Russia and Iran

Let's face 3-4 Russian cities, big ones go bye bye and even 10-20 of their larger military bases and they are over as a super power, ditto ofr Iran it would take under 10 bombs for Iran to simply cease to be, all that Oil is burning Russia looses it's ability to export effectively, They only have 135 Million people for crying out loud, 40-50 million die Russia is for all intents and purposes done

and yeah Oil sits at 7.00 a Gallon but we are basically the only ones supplying it, Venezuela has a few hundred Million barrels but come on with Russia and Iran gone they are our sex toy.

I'm Jewish and I hate to say this but, if we denounce Israel, only 2 things happen, they Take out Iran and get away with it and we Win, OR Russia steps in and for all intents and purposes MAD is in as much effect in regards to Israel and Russia as it is between US and Russia it only takes a dozen bombs or so to entirely end their civilization and we Win BIG

Obama might seriously throw Israel under the Bus

The other choice would be WW3, why not sit this out? In the end it's an ugly choice but a logical one.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So, I wonder.

Say Israel did attack. What would Russia do? Would anyone with a decent knowledge like to speculate?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by aitealan

Nothing if they are smart particularly if the USA doesn't get involved. Russia can destroy Israel but Israel can destroy Russia

(sometimes I wonder if we didn't give Israel nukes in the first place as a hedge against our cold war enemy)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Never underestimate ruskies boy, they won world war two, with every three men they had one gun most had to pick up a gun of a nearby comrade or german. And even when america was actually closer to germany russians run inn and kick ass. Communsim actually saved the world that day, and america takes the credit when they stepped in late like russia. Also lets say 20 nukes hit russia and iran gets it, do you think they will go down dieing, no russia would probably initiate end game, launch 500 nukes world wide, this means america france and everyone launches nukes. SEE where this goes lol, russia would at least lay waste to the whole eastern seaboard, because say 100 nukes in that area just reduce rubble to rubble. And lets not get started on the nuclear winter that ensues from even 30 nukes. The rain that fell on hiroshima was radioactive for about 20 yrs

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lordnightstalker

hypothetically if that were the case how would the fall out be distributed and while i think your theory is valid it hinges on Russia not launching anything at usa or usa not launching anything at the Russians but if that did end up being the case Russia is radioactive Israel is gone and what would have been Palestine is gone as well as alot of holy sites to a bunch of religions not to mention problay screwing with the whole of the middle east and northern africa....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordnightstalker

(sometimes I wonder if we didn't give Israel nukes in the first place as a hedge against our cold war enemy)

Very interesting point of view. Totally makes sense. Ah, god. It's a scary world we live in, a massive game of chess.

Can't help feeling that people will be jumping in for Iran, should Israel attack. As far as I know, Iran might not actually have nukes yet. Israel will... Global sympathy for Iran. Unless Iran attacks first.

I really want to know what is going to happen.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Russia wouldn't dare send troops to assist Iran or attack Israeli/American bases in the region...

Yeah? Why don't you tell that to all those dead, NATO- trained Georgians who thought that too.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Say Israel did attack. What would Russia do? Would anyone with a decent knowledge like to speculate?

It would cause Global Thermal Nuclear War.

At Israels first attack the rest of the Nuclear World would fuel missiles.This would have war rooms in panic, next launch detected would release a volley we never wanted to see.

Ever sit on an Areal Defense Artillery Battery in the Persian Gulf? Klaxon horns sound and if both radar towers move and people start running ..........cant tell you the rest I'de have to.........
edit on 22-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3velutionR3quired

Never underestimate ruskies boy, they won world war two, with every three men they had one gun most had to pick up a gun of a nearby comrade or german. And even when america was actually closer to germany russians run inn and kick ass. Communsim actually saved the world that day, and america takes the credit when they stepped in late like russia. Also lets say 20 nukes hit russia and iran gets it, do you think they will go down dieing, no russia would probably initiate end game, launch 500 nukes world wide, this means america france and everyone launches nukes. SEE where this goes lol, russia would at least lay waste to the whole eastern seaboard, because say 100 nukes in that area just reduce rubble to rubble. And lets not get started on the nuclear winter that ensues from even 30 nukes. The rain that fell on hiroshima was radioactive for about 20 yrs

where do you people get this garbage from but your own insane thoughts?

Russias population at the start of WW2 180 Million, Russia's population today 135 Million

Why would the Russians NUKE EVERY ONE because given their scenario if no one else was nuking them they'd just invite their complete destruction, who's in charge over there some Evil Entity? They would already with a declining population loose a few cities at least to Israel (which I doubt they will eve do for Iran honestly) so for spite they would just end all life on Earth even if no one else was involved? Including what remains of their own nation.

Really? That's what they would do? There's a reason your not a general or president bro

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Whats the point of being a super super-power when to get there you have to kill 40-50+ million people

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm sure that the Russ know the score.

Why Bush Sr.'s 1991 Gulf War? To Protect Iranian Islamism

A Century of War: Anglo-American Oil Politics and the New World Order by F. William Engdahl;

"In November 1978, President Carter named the Bilderberg group's George Ball, another member of the Trilateral Commission, to head a special White House Iran task force under the National Security Council's Brzezinski. Ball recommended that Washington drop support for the Shah of Iran and support the fundamentalistic Islamic opposition of Ayatollah Khomeini. Robert Bowie from the CIA was one of the lead 'case officers' in the new CIA-led coup against the man their covert actions had placed into power 25 years earlier.

Their scheme was based on a detailed study of the phenomenon of Islamic fundamentalism, as presented by British Islamic expert, Dr. Bernard Lewis, then on assignment at Princeton University in the United States. Lewis's scheme, which was unveiled at the May 1979 Bilderberg meeting in Austria, endorsed the radical Muslim Brotherhood movement behind Khomeini, in order to promote balkanization of the entire Muslim Near East along tribal and religious lines. Lewis argued that the West should encourage autonomous groups such as the Kurds, Armenians, Lebanese Maronites, Ethiopian Copts, Azerbaijani Turks, and so forth. The chaos would spread in what he termed an 'Arc of Crisis,' which would spill over into Muslim regions of the Soviet Union.

The coup against the Shah, like that against Mossadegh in 1953, was run by British and American intelligence, with the bombastic American, Brzezinski, taking public 'credit' for getting rid of the 'corrupt' Shah, while the British characteristically remained safely in the background.

niraq/gulfwar.htmwww.youtube.com...
edit on 22-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-2-2012 by Danbones because: all sorts of dumb stuff lol

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

It would cause Global Thermal Nuclear War.

At Israels first attack the rest of the Nuclear World would fuel missiles.This would have war rooms in panic, next launch detected would release a volley we never wanted to see.

Ever sit on an Areal Defense Artillery Battery in the Persian Gulf? Klaxon horns sound and if both radar towers move and people start running ..........cant tell you the rest I'de have to.........

LOL you silly Doom loving silly people

I'm Jewish, if Israel launched a pre emptive Nuclear strike on Iran you know what i'd do? I'd pick up the red phone to Moscow call Putin and apologize instantly, then i'd deploy our anti missile systems against Israels launch in hopes of containing some of the damage

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying this scenario is impossible you describe... if Gingrich was in office it's entirely possible, but not with Obama sitting there, for any one sane, a preemptive nuclear strike would be treated the same way if they were friend or foe

These aren't big nations, if either side fires and the other side fires back from the POV of Russia and the USA the whole regional problem is solved, Israel can no more survive thousands of Iranian Missiles launching any more than Iran could survive a few Israeli Nukes, the Game is Over at that point, there is no reason to fight each other because the fight ends in under an hr and we never have to deal with either problem again for the rest of human history

We have a direct instantaneous line of communication to the Kremlin, we aren't stupid neither are they

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by R3velutionR3quired

sorry pal you have history all wrong and as you have already been corrected Russia lost how many millions of people in WWII and how far was Hitler into Russia when Germany's log pac failed? Russia didn't beat anybody. Hitler lost the war on attrition.

facts facts always the facts with history.

Nobody fears Russia's Infantry, only there ability to launch missiles with very bad particles on the ends of them.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

There is no point

I sincerely doubt Russia would let that happen to themselves (and in that scenario we didn't do anything aside from make a mistake during the cold war letting the Israelis have Nukes 40 years ago)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Let us not forget Georgia, Remember when the Russians sent Nato and more specifically the US running and to top that off they captured intact many many advanced weapons systems and small arms..

Hell yes when Russia speaks you better listen and not to the MSM I mean that, this was just a few years ago and please keep that in mind.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

he man, I'm American, I don't know a thing about being Jewish. I don't have a red phone. Not to anybody.
The real reason nothing is going to happen is because Israel is a coward nation. It hasn't the ability. Iran will be a player just like N.Korea is a player.

I will huff and I will puff and I will....go drink a Coke and huff and puff tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
not to mention Russia sent the Zionist banker oligarchs running too
right to the city of London and Israel...
they know they are just down the same road as Iran
edit on 22-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Yeah? Why don't you tell that to all those dead, NATO- trained Georgians who thought that too.

So those dead Georgian troops were American soldiers?

U.S., Russian warnings against Iran strike will not affect Israel's decision

www.haaretz.com...
edi t on 22-2-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join