It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spend less than a $ and bag a UFO (well it will most likely be a plane)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Having posted this video on another thread I thought it be worth a thread itself. For all our enthusiastic UFO hunters on here.

We see plenty of shaky poor quality videos on here of lights/objects in the distance during the day and at night,this usually is because of a high optical and/or digital zoom so here are some tips!

Brace yourself against a wall , fence, tree, car etc etc or tuck your elbows into your sides or if you have a tripod mount on your camera use an old photographers trick a bit of string a screw and a washer see video!!!

This will work with still and video cameras with a tripod mount just get a screw that suits the mount on your camera. It may give you a couple or more stops of latitude on your exposure settings the photographers on here will undestand that.

Now maybe this will reduce the bandwidth of here and youtube and help towards saving the planet mainly from shaky and bad videos.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
you also can edit the video with a deshaker-software.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Schweet idea

I ilke this simple telescoping monopod too: xiamenshenhwa.en.made-in-china.com...
It is convenient, lightweight and easy to carry.

Peace,
spec
edit on 22-2-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
That is a great way to capture a UFO in a far distance away from you horizontally.

Here is a scenario....it is midnight and you are UFO watching the night sky in a field with no structures such as trees, fences, buildings, or cows to lean against to stabilize your camera.

You are in the middle of this field when low and behold you look up and see a UFO doing something pretty captivating above you. Quickly you take out your camera and want to capture a video of this event.

Question, how can you stabilize the camera right above you so that it doesn't shake?

I have tried to lie down on my back and somehow try to keep my elbows locked in same position. It gets tiring very quickly. Any tips on this would be great

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

It can actually work in all directions as long as tension is kept on the string, the other thing at night manual focus is better even very expensive DSLR's can hunt for focus on dots of light at night.

That's why we have youtube videos claiming morphing ufo's it's autofocus systems hunting for focus.

new topics

top topics

join