It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does your dog or cat or bird do to make you smile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The animal species seem to be acting strange sometimes funny strange and odd strange. I wish I could have a pet they are not allowed here unfortunately, though some people do sneak them in, it's not my thing to do so.

Another amazing video is a lin to it here in the article a cat on a boat playing with dolphins. Enjoy.

Daily Mail Reporter

When Cody the German Shepherd spied a cat lurking in his garden, he chased it up a tree.But this wasn't just any old cat - it was an 110 lb mountain lion.The timid feline remained perched up the tree in Los Altos, California for more than three hours after the chaseNearby resident John Sphar told NBC that as soon as he saw the lion, he called his neighbors to warn them to be on the look out.But he didn't have to worry. At 7.30 a.m. his 85 lb dog chased the beast into the tree. It stopped on a branch around 40 ft above the ground.

Read

more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

In Another Link:

www.slothster.com...

edit on 22-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: wanted to delete sentence.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
LOL I have an 80 lb. Olde English Bulldog. He would have run the other way and taken out anybody in his way.
I do laugh when he sleeps though. His tongue sticks out 1 to 2 inches and he snores like crazy.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

What does your dog or cat or bird do to make you smile?

So many things, but as I read this, my dog sits calmly and passes gas with no reaction what so ever, and yea the sound cracks me up

She often 'speaks' to me also, with her ears slightly back, appearing to turn up the cuteness as she tries to communicate.

Then there's that puzzling 'huh?' look too:

I guess the biggest smile comes from when I get in after work, and she is elated to see me, a real warm daily welcoming.

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Aww, it's just a doggy doing what doggies do best, chasing putty tats!
How cool to have a big cat like that walking around though. Well, maybe not walking around waiting to swipe helpless mammals as they walk by but still, poetry in motion.

My cat makes me happy in various ways, mainly it's just being though.

PS Is it just me? I feel the urge to squeeze the life out of dual newscasters. Like there is so information it takes 2 people to tell us? Pfff

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
My brother had a massive old English mastiff (the ones with loads of spare skin on their face and dribbles a lot) called Nellie, She used to fart then get up and sort of give you a look kinda saying 'I didn't do that!' That always cracked me up.
Also she used to bark at her reflection in the mirror every-time she walked past it... for 8 years! I swear she was dimmer than a blown out candle in a dark room when viewed by a blind guy wearing shades. Thick Thick dog. She also used to dribble, everywhere... Sadly she died recently.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Back in 2005 a mountain lion slaughtered all our goats. Now we have 3 big backyard dogs & our latest batch of goats haven't been bothered since. If only the lions knew how big a wuss those mutts really are! LoL

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Bark with a furious bloodlust at every Christian solicitor.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I like it when my cat will successfully lay down with the dogs, and they just lay together sleeping.

I like it when one of my dogs "smiles" (yes, she actually smiles).

I like it when one of my dogs says, "I love you" to get treats. Sure, it isn't crystal clear, but it's obvious enough for someone to know what's being said.

I love it when the cat and one of the dogs play together

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My little mate Merlin makes me laugh, he'll sit by my feet not moving but looking up at me with huge eyes and every few seconds he'll bat my leg like he is trying to get my attention.

Love him to bits!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I thought you might like this

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

AWWWW that's what I call the "yoink" look. looks so silly on a bulldog, with their eyes all wrinkled up.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

The cats diary is hilarious. Could it be more true?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I like all animals but have more experience with cats.
Back home I had an orange male cat come to us at an age of around seven or eight years of age. One year we had a particularly nasty winter and my cat was definately (outdoors cat if you know what I mean) anyway they were warning us that the wind chills were going to be brutal and to keep your animals inside, so I did because he liked to make his little wandering rounds as well before coming straight home.
So, he tried to get me to let him out by standing on his hind legs and hitting the door knob several times. I did have kitty litter prepared for him, so I thought he was using that,and then I heard a splashing sound and went to the bathroom to turn the water off I thought I had left on and there he was balanced on the rim of the toilet bowl going no 1. I sure wish I'd had a camera handy for that one because he never did that again. Not after I later picked him up and put him in the litter box. He was a very smart cat. I could tell you more anectedotes............

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I too love all animals, only certain ones like spiders I do not like in my immediate vicinity due to false fear and human talking. It is the Spider I am terrified of, no matter size or colour. I capture them in a glass and paper type affair and set them back outside. I love snakes (to touch I mean), lizards, frogs, fish, birds, cats, dogs, cows, pigs, no problemo, but the spider? I'm the first guy outta that room and you don't need to open the door, I'll leave my silhouette in it, cartoon styley! I really cannot explete enough when it comes to arachnids. I love em but they scare the # outta me!

edit on 23/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
My little mate Merlin makes me laugh, he'll sit by my feet not moving but looking up at me with huge eyes and every few seconds he'll bat my leg like he is trying to get my attention.

Love him to bits!

wow, cute cat!!

new topics

top topics

join