It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Blocking Release of Monsanto-Linked Lobbyist's Email

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

theintelhub.com

The Obama administration is now blocking a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed by an environmental group, Public Employees for Environment Responsibility (PEER), which is attempting to uncover Obama’s connections to Monsanto-linked lobbyists.

Keep in mind, Monsanto’s products have been linked to some horrific effects on biological systems like the human body, not the least of which is creating necrosis and significant mutations in critical cell types.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.truth-out.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Monsanto guilty of chemical poisoning in France
Millions of Pounds of TOXIC POISON to Flood US Farmland (READ PLEASE)
USDA Forces Whole Foods To Accept Monsanto
EPA Delays Dioxin Hazard Report Once Again Due to Industry Pressure - Monsanto Secret

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
In an era of transparency and the rejection of lobbyist special interest in governance, this seems to be something people would be more attuned to... if they could spare a moment to pay attention.

The White House claims that they had to block portions of the email because it contained information on BIO’s lobbying strategy.

They claimed that if this strategy was released, it could cause damage to the group’s competitiveness and those of the companies it represents.

It sure seems like a great deal when the executive administration of the nation is willing to forgo it's status as servants of the people to ensure you're commercial ventures are protected from any disclosure, no?

"We suspect the reason an industry lobbyist so cavalierly shared strategy is that the White House is part of that strategy," stated Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER) staff counsel Kathryn Douglass, who is arguing the email should be a public record. "The White House's legal posture is as credible as claiming Coca Cola's secret formula was 'inadvertently' left in a duffel bag at the bus station."

As it turns out, this legal wrestling match has much to do with the intended practice of planting GMO crops on public park land and wildlife refuges.

PEER had sued to block that development successfully, but apparently this 'working group' is suspected of being a government-corporate effort to thwart that restriction.

In some of the emails obtained by PEER from 2010, it was found that Adrianne Massey, a biotechnology lobbyist for quite a while, asked Schmeissner if the “interagency working group” is addressing the legal challenges put forth by PEER.

In addition, Massey forwarded some of the environmental assessments of the proposed GE crop plots at other wildlife refuges across the United States. These assessments could supposedly protect GE crop plots in wildlife refuges from further legal challenges in the future.

The emails obtained by PEER spurred them to seek out information on the “interagency working group” referred to by Massey which is known as the White House Agricultural and Biotechnology Working Group via FOIA request.

The group boasts high-level officials from most of the Obama administration’s agencies that deal with agriculture and trade, even the State Department, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), according to PEER.

Interestingly, when the existence of the email came out, it opened a door to Monsanto's continued entrenchment within our transparent and special interest-free government.

This would include not only the Massey email in question but the White House Agricultural and Biotechnology Working Group’s schedule, the items on their agenda and their work related to GE crops in general. Not only have they asked to see the un-redacted email, but the agenda and minutes of the working group.

An attorney for BIO filed an affidavit which claims that the withheld portions of Massey’s email contain “mistakenly” forwarded trade secrets.

I have to wonder what "trade secrets" would be the subject of common exchanges between the industry and the government?

Both articles are worth a read...

How much does Monsanto's interests drive our governance, our policies, and our international behavior, I wonder?

Have at it folks!

theintelhub.com
edit on 22-2-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
such bad news
I honestly think that Monsanto is way more evil than the Military Industrial Complex

Obama is a corporatist though and to deal with Monsanto is equivalent to dealing with the Devil

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have always entertained the possibility that Monsanto is just on "diversification" of the MIC... which in turn may be one "diversification: of the Financial cartel....

But in the end, what makes it evil to me is the fact that they are obviously more important than "people" as far as our 'selected' representatives are concerned.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
so its true. People run for office to facilitate government concerning their own financial interests. They used to pay lobbyists. Go figure.

Why in this up coming election is there no speak of conflicting interests.
Didn't conflict of interest derail Newt Gingrich last time around? Maybe I have my facts mixed up. If so my bad.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The MIC and PIC and somewhat well known. The food industry is another giant that isn't as well know. Control the food supply control the people.

Monsanto is world's largest crop seed producer and they have patents on the gene's to their seeds. It get uglier the deeper you dig.

They've been in bed with the US government for a long time, I am sure they got a massive contract in Vietnam for supplying Agent Orange.
edit on 22-2-2012 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
In the red corner:

They claimed that if this strategy was released, it could cause damage to the group’s competitiveness and those of the companies it represents.

fighting... uh, in the red corner:

Through the release of some WikiLeaks cables, it was found that essentially United States diplomats were working for companies like Monsanto by going around the world promoting their GE products.

And, if I recall correctly, these cables described blatant threats by diplomats of retribution if countries did not allow these companies free reign.

Is it me, or are they just not trying anymore? I mean, they used to have to attempt to cover this stuff up, now, there's just no effort. We can't even amuse ourselves with the possibility of "conspiracy theories" anymore, the collusion between private interests and "selected" officials (as Maxmars so aptly put it) is just so blatant.

Oh well, fool me once shame on... no wait, fool me once... wait, fool me twice shame on... oh crap, where's Dubya when you need him!?!

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

theintelhub.com

The Obama administration is now blocking a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed by an environmental group, Public Employees for Environment Responsibility (PEER), which is attempting to uncover Obama’s connections to Monsanto-linked lobbyists.

Keep in mind, Monsanto’s products have been linked to some horrific effects on biological systems like the human body, not the least of which is creating necrosis and significant mutations in critical cell types.

There's nothing surprising about this. Obama is a corporate shill. But good work that you posted this, (incredibly) there are people who still believe Obama brings good change to this country.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I have always entertained the possibility that Monsanto is just on "diversification" of the MIC... which in turn may be one "diversification: of the Financial cartel....

But in the end, what makes it evil to me is the fact that they are obviously more important than "people" as far as our 'selected' representatives are concerned.

I agree. Monsanto is definitely part of the military industrial complex.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

I think this is the way it would be regardless of which ruling party took over. The presence of the corporate interest in our halls of power is so disruptive (and perhaps corrupting) that it appears no one person can confront it without the support of his "peers"... most of which are all as much part of the problem as the corporation itself is.

In the end, our nation has become fixated on advancing commerce; all other considerations have become secondary.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by AuranVector

I think this is the way it would be regardless of which ruling party took over. The presence of the corporate interest in our halls of power is so disruptive (and perhaps corrupting) that it appears no one person can confront it without the support of his "peers"... most of which are all as much part of the problem as the corporation itself is.

In the end, our nation has become fixated on advancing commerce; all other considerations have become secondary.

I do not belong to either Dem or Repub. To me Obama was such a transparent fraud from the beginning, that it just amazes me that anyone was fooled by him.

They are fixated on advancing the commerce of the established rich corporations.
Small businesses not so much.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I'd sure like to see that email.

Great catch! S&F&

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

So true. Citizens morphed into Consumers and also became "stakeholders". And politicians practice "retail politics". Let alone churches following business models.

Interior Department Deputy Secretary David Hayes told top Interior Department and Fish and Wildlife officials that Vilsack is "somewhat exercised that the Administration is not being consistent in supporting genetically engineered crops."

from email in question

So, Vilsack is fired up over the Admin. Seems like because he was nominated for his post, he feels it was a sign that GE had the green light 100% of the time.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I don't think I've ever heard a single peice of positive news about Monsanto.

They really are satan incarnate. Literally.

Now sthu and eat your GMO cereal with posilac/BGH milk, with a sprinkle of phosphates and pesticides.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Now sthu and eat your GMO cereal with posilac/BGH milk, with a sprinkle of phosphates and pesticides.

Each bowlful has 100% of the recommended daily dose of PCB's

... Now with dioxin for that baked-in "corporate love" flavor ..... mmm mmm good!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Go PEER!

The White House is also claiming that they withheld the information according to current disclosure law, but PEER isn’t buying it, and likely rightly so.

Jeff Ruch, PEER’s Director told Truth-Out that he believes that the withheld Massey email actually has the details of a concerted effort being made by BIO lobbyists to have the White House help make sure that the environmental assessments of the GE crops on wildlife refuges are so strong that they cannot be challenged on a legal basis in the future.

This is because groups like PEER regularly challenge the legally required environmental assessments in order to hold up projects like planting GE crops on wildlife refuges in court.
theintelhub.com...

The White House...not very believable.

I'm with Soficrow, would love to see that email!

edit on 22-2-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

At least most animals are smart enough not to consume GMO.
Since most of the GMO support comes from eugenesists I'd say that anything that exposes them would be good, and the sooner the better too

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
When the government, thru the police or justice system trample on your rights and illegally start to interrogate you or search your possessions, the first thing out of their mouths is 'if you're innocent, you have nothing to hide'.

Now the shoe is on the other foot.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Must be so nice, to decide which laws you want to follow, and which ones you choose to ignore. Of course, as long as Monsanto keeps giving you money hand over fist, you should be able to sleep better at night. Since you are not eating the GM foods, who cares about everyone else.

After all, Monsanto is just making sure everyone has enough to eat, right? And if people die off quicker because of it, all the better and more for the rest.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The military has always used destroying food as a weapon since the first field was burned and animals slaughtered.That is why Monsanto is here not europe, we are the military of the world now. And we really have NO IDEA what sort of "off switch" may be in the food they are building in Moreau's lab.
Part of me would like to visit this world in 50 yrs just to see the carnage we left behind. Kinda starting to doubt we make it beyond that.
APB

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join