It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN - Final Verdict for Christian Pastor - DEATH

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianOrion

to suggest I AM deflecting is the same intent to mislead, without addressing the question of motive I posed. Do you care about the Iranian people, or just hate everything they stand for?

Why not sympathize with the democratic movement there instead of bashing Islam or the country.

It's like saying the American revolutionaries were in fact as bad as the colonial government that they were fighting.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
then why was like 90% of your post about my comments? you didn't even ask me a question, You referred to me as "this poster" and proceeded to go off on an analysis of me, for what, to NOT address my points. That the sincerity of your concern is in question to me.

It wasn't 90% about you.
Get it?

You obviously wanted to discuss other issues [Which should be discussed] in their own threads. Dragging US dirty laundry out doesn't do this threads topic any good. You even reply about how you're adding facts. Yet. There are no facts just more deflective off topic anti-US rhetoric.

It was deflection. Somebody called you on it.

If you care why do you NEVER mention the people you are supposedly defending. You have nothing but judgments of Islam or Iran, not the virtues of its democratic movement. That makes your motivation very much suspect IMO.

Fine, this isn't the first time I've been a suspect.
For your information I'm critical of my own Government why wouldn't I be critical of Iran's or Israels? Also, I'm on record here at ATS stating I'm not for an attack on Iran. Like Israel and the US, Iran's dirty laundry can and should be discussed objectively and out in the open.

I'm sorry that hurts your feelings or makes you uncomfortable.
edit on 23-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

watch out they will accuse you of deflection and then sure enough America hate......pfft..

they are probably in a base somewhere laughing in between trips to the coffee machine and the fox news feed.

but hey, they and we are exactly where we should be. It is good to show the unbalanced arguments for what they are, motivated by a war machine that really doesn't care about the Iranian peoples struggle any more than their own citizens, hence why I made the comparison. Yet they seem to think that makes me anti American, really I am a true patriot and they serve the modern counterpart to the enemy our revolutionaries faced over 300 years ago.

they have sold their country out for a little profit and comfort. The illegal wars waged with my tax money are very profitable. The American people are poorer because of them. They don't care.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

then why were so many of my comments the core of your "example"

You called me on it, like speaking of deflection isn't deflection itself.

The motive behind this entire argument is very much valid since it is an issue of tyranny and we are suffering that at home as well.

It's like speaking about the American revolution and not mentioning the French one that was the catalyst for our own. Like mentioning Iran's revolt and not any of the ones from the Arab spring. They are very much related.

I have provided the real reason for his arrest. What have you contributed here?
That I am a possible America hater? Whatever dude, your blind if you see that and have lost all notion of what it means to be American.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

then why were so many of my comments the core of your "example"

You nor I are the topic...

Can we get back on topic?

Iran killing somebody because of their Religious beliefs?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

they are probably in a base somewhere laughing in between trips to the coffee machine and the fox news feed.

What does ANY of this have to do with:

IRAN - Final Verdict for Christian Pastor - DEATH

Personally,This man should be freed.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

then why was you r longest post about other posters and not the issue at hand?
Now you want to get on topic. Glad you decided to join us instead of trying to be slick and take away validity from my points without addressing them.

so, any thoughts?
Why would he be jailed if he was just preaching that the law on education saying Islam is mandatory in schools is wrong?

Why would that threaten the entire religious, unelected body of government? Would the revolutionaries there be part of his congregation? Would they be saying that the church and state should be separate?

Really it isn't about a Muslim country killing a Christian. They are killing an Iranian dissident who advocates the platform of the democratic movement.

edit on 23-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

what does your post have to do with the subject?

I have a right to defend my validity when people basically accuse me of trying to deflect the argument. Like your post here for example.
NO one answered my question of motive. Yet reamed me for asking.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
yeah, surprise, surprise, lots of whacked out comments in this thread, how about the OP takes some advice that the one he is attempting to stand up for believes in, which is "You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye", yes that's right fix your own house/country before you try and fix others. America and the rest of the 'west' are in no position to be forcing their morals, or more precisely, their lack of morals, onto anyone.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
the only reason I pose the question of motive is because NO ONE mentioned the real reason he was put in jail.

Did you miss that in your extensive research into the subject? or did you purposely overlook it like all the MSM did trying to make this a religious issue. Islam hate.

They also accused him of rape, where are the comments talking about unjust rape charges?
The motive is indicative of the purpose. A religious outrage in my fervent Christian country makes the public opinion for war stronger. That is BS.

It is a civil war over there, not Gods mission. Corporate America maybe, not gods.....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

what does your post have to do with the subject?

I have a right to defend my validity when people basically accuse me of trying to deflect the argument. Like your post here for example.
NO one answered my question of motive. Yet reamed me for asking.

You gave some response,that has no bearing on the subject at hand.

I gave a response on the subject. This man should be freed. If Oliver Stones son,can convert to Islam,in Iran,and not be bothered,why cant this man,convert to Christianity in Iran,and not be bothered ?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Iran should show they are above all of that archaic thinking and do something truly awe inspiring and let the man leave [With his family] to another country if they disagree so much with his faith.

Hell, even Fidel Castro let everybody leave who wanted to. Remember all those tens of thousands floating in the open sea taking their lives in their hands to simply get out of Cuba?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

to suggest I AM deflecting is the same intent to mislead, without addressing the question of motive I posed. Do you care about the Iranian people, or just hate everything they stand for?

Why not sympathize with the democratic movement there instead of bashing Islam or the country.

It's like saying the American revolutionaries were in fact as bad as the colonial government that they were fighting.

You have truly outdone yourself again here, sir...

You are (IMO) attempting to deflect once again... can you not see that?

I have made my opinion of this situation (this particular discussion thread) extremely clear. I did NOT make a single suggestion that people should not be discussing Iran (as you clearly did) and then question why people were not discussing matters closer to home...

Can you not see how your contributions were duplicitous, thus distracting from the topic?

Not that this discussion is about how people feel regarding the Iranian people, but for the record, I truly pity the citizens of Iran... I hope that one day they will be emancipated from the tyranny that is Islam and authoritarian dictatorships... one can only hope for them...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by sonnny1

Iran should show they are above all of that archaic thinking and do something truly awe inspiring and let the man leave [With his family] to another country if they disagree so much with his faith.

Hell, even Fidel Castro let everybody leave who wanted to. Remember all those tens of thousands floating in the open sea taking their lives in their hands to simply get out of Cuba?

Because going against a faith,in a country dictated by that same faith,sets precedence.

They are going to kill this man,and make an example out of him.

Sad....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

yet again, the motive is not even mentioned.
This is not a religious issue.

It is being made out to be that way to capture the Christian minds of my country. It is a civil war over there and the charges are about as real as superman. It is obviously just an excuse to kill him. Or do you place the same validity in the rape charges against him? they come from the same people.

Pick and choose, how convenient. He is a dissident and should not be killed. The reason he is in jail is because he challenged the law, not because he is a pastor. They aren't killing the rest of the thousands of Christians for not converting.

how can you miss that, unless you do so purposely?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

This is not a religious issue.

Many religious groups and some states punish apostates. Apostates may be shunned by the members of their former religious group or subjected to formal or informal punishment. This may be the official policy of the religious group or may be the action of its members. Certain types of churches may in certain circumstances excommunicate the apostate, while some religious scriptures demand the death penalty for apostates.

Apostasy

You are wrong. That is the main charge.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I question the motive of your concern. It is valid. You have purposely mislead us with half facts. There is no religious issue at hand. Just a civil war between one democratic youth and old religious leaders.

The Christian community is not on trial here, this man is for speaking against the law. Period. He is being pinned with a bunch of BS charges, all about as valid as the Christian thing, yet you latch onto that. What is your real reason for concern. I don't say let's not talk about Iran, I say don't bash on them if you really want to help.

You have done this on purpose IMO.

Again, more talk of deflection is deflection itself, move on, or continue to derail this thread talking about me.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

You are wrong... AGAIN!!!

The man in question was charged with APOSTASY...

Read the article... take a deep breath... maybe look-up what APOSTASY actually means...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It is a bunch of BS

they arrested him for speaking against the law mandating Islam in schools. How can you miss that,

you keep repeating what are just BS charges to get rid of him. Or do you think he raped someone as well.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

It is a bunch of BS

they arrested him for speaking against the law mandating Islam in schools. How can you miss that,

you keep repeating what are just BS charges to get rid of him. Or do you think he raped someone as well.

If its not about faith,why didnt he recant?

The court then gave Nadarkhani the opportunity to recant, as the law requires a man to be given three chances to recant his beliefs and return to Islam. His first option was to convert back to Islam. When he refused, he was asked to declare Muhammad a prophet, and still he declined.

The ONLY thing you and I will agree on,is He should not be killed.

Other then you trying to make up other reasons as to why he is being put to death.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join