It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN - Final Verdict for Christian Pastor - DEATH

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Yes, this man deserves death.

Perhaps they want to provoke the Americans. Perhaps the Americans will use this as an excuse to further their illegal war on Iran. If the U.S. used this as an excuse to kill Iranians they are no better than the court who gave this sentence.

Well, ok, so, if the US uses this as an excuse to kill Iranians, they are "no better" than the court who gave this sentence. And given that the court is just in this case because a man that deserves death is getting death, the US is no better than it and thus is either "equal to" or "worse". So, in other words, you are leaving open the possibility that the court is just and that the US may be equally as just if they used this just action as a means to declare war on Iran? Did I get that right?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Shred

Right and wrong are subjective, they change with the time and place you live in. Sure there are some universal codes like killing your family members is bad(most of the time), but the surrounding society plays a large part in what we think is right or wrong. What gives you the right to decide for people in far off lands?

How enlightened.

The brutal islamic regime is killing someone just because he chooses to worship differently.

Not subjective.

I suppose you were all for slavery in South Africa during Apartheid, as well?

I find execution, for any reason, absolutely disgusting. No human should ever be put to death for any reason. At the same time I realize that not everyone agrees with me on that, they have their own view on the issue. If my country ever tried to implement the death penalty I would use every democratic way possible to fight it, but if the majority support it then that's that. Luckily I live in a country where only a few representatives out of 200 do.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Get over it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ncb1397

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Yes, this man deserves death.

Perhaps they want to provoke the Americans. Perhaps the Americans will use this as an excuse to further their illegal war on Iran. If the U.S. used this as an excuse to kill Iranians they are no better than the court who gave this sentence.

Well, ok, so, if the US uses this as an excuse to kill Iranians, they are "no better" than the court who gave this sentence. And given that the court is just in this case because a man that deserves death is getting death, the US is no better than it and thus is either "equal to" or "worse". So, in other words, you are leaving open the possibility that the court is just and that the US may be equally as just if they used this just action as a means to declare war on Iran? Did I get that right?

Not quite. that's a twisting of my clear intended meaning. The man's sentence is clearly just according to the law of this land. He is deserving of it because he willingly broke the law. Yet we know this law is wrong from a human rights standpoint. The U.S. has no real justification for this war and they know it. Using this as an excuse to kill Iranians is just as bad as the baldy written law.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Got to love the Iranian government / judicial system...

Just a bunch of cowards who hide behind and defile their own religion... If they can't even follow their own laws, what makes people so sure they can follow international laws / agreements? The Iranian people need to stand up to the Iranian government and put it out of its misery.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

right
and dna showed about half the people bush executed while govenor of Texas were innocent
so take a look in the mirror before you point that claw at someone else...please

America's Biggest Serial Killer... 155 Homicides !
And Hundred's more attempts, with scheduled dates getting last minute stays . . .
More than any other elected official in recorded American history !

ccadp.org...

and even knowing he was installed through vote fraud the American people didn't rise up and impeach him...
oh no..they went to war and slaughtered millions of innocent people...
some of them christians in Iraq..and what do you know: no WMD....NOT GUILTY!

btw you missed my posts today on how the current and past regimes were both INSTALLED by the british and American oil interests and their respective uninteligence services in order to prevent democracy in IRAN
www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2012 by Danbones because: just so much stuff to throw at the wall here

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
FACT - The guy is getting killed by the Iranian government for simply being a Christian.
FACT - Iranian apologists don't like to discuss the crimes against innocent people taking place in Iran.

Fact 1- True, it is friking ridiculous and barbaric I would say... this is all because of religous beliefs which is pretty sad especially in this day
Fact 2- False. I have stood up in Iran's defense consistently in terms of foreign policy, and I acknowledge these things happen in Iran. I personally haven't made any topics on it because from my understanding, most people are already aware of these atrocities that are committed in Iran

Topics like these have a tendency to attract individuals who have a pre-dispositioned view on foreign policy against Iran and are pro-bombing/ invading Iran. Stories like these should be acknowledged and condemned but in no way can it be used as partial or direct justification for an intervention in the country

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by requires1231
reply to post by beezzer

Get over it.
Nothing to get over.
I'm enjoying this thread. Seeing the hypocricy and squirming of all the apologists.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

Correct, if Iran does't want Christianity, who are you to enforce it on them?

Why can't you get that? It's not your place to say what another country chooses to do

I think it's Flyers Fan's place as a fellow human being, after all countries are just lines on a map.
So I can come to your house and insist that you do something you dislike under pain of death because it is my place as a fellow human being to enforce MY moral on to you?

Madness, mankind truely is doomed lol

Let's run with that individual home analogy, shall we? It's one of my favorites, since international policy is simply interpersonal policy writ larger. A macrocosm of the microcosm.

Now, generally speaking, I won't tell you what to do in your own house. I don't care how your furniture is arranged, what color your drapes are, what's for supper, or whether you keep your yard mowed. I just don't care how you run your house. I don't care if you hold Satanic services in your back yard. I don't even care if you do it naked, and wear a bloody goat's head. I don't care if every Tuesday you go worship the Guard Rail God. If you and your wife or kids have free-for-alls and knock down-drag-outs, I still don't care. If they're fighting you, then you can fight them right back with my blessing, and be one big happy dysfunctional family.

HOWEVER -

If you are torturing or killing people in your basement who've done nothing more to you than to believe differently than you do, then you and I will have problems at some point, and there will be no safe place for you to exist.

NO safe place.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I have merely read the first couple of pages of posts on this horrific topic, but I can honestly say, that in my opinion, people who say that 'it is their country' and 'let them get on with it' are truly cowards and lack moral fibre of any kind.

We live in a time where mankind can travel through outer space (although I don't know of any Muslim countries with such technology) and yet, the Iranian government still practises Corporal Punishment for the 'crime' of being a Christian. One could truly argue that Iran is still living in the middle ages.

Islam is a terrible affliction in this world, in my opinion, simply considering it's barbaric principles and practices. Islamic countries do not seem to wish to discuss reasonable conclusions to modern situations as there seems to be a 'wall' that one hits when discussing problems within Islamic tradition with Muslims.

Indeed, the word 'Islamaphobia' seems to be the new buzz-word created in an attempt to blacken the character of those who choose to criticise ANYTHING that Muslims do with regards their religion. Of all the religious people out there, it is Muslims who are the most aggressive, in my experience, when their ideals are challenged. And challenged they MUST be...

I personally do not think that America's foreign policy is justifiable either and I empathise with certain Muslims with regards being occupied by foreign forces. This is a situation that the Islamic world has brought upon itself, however, in my opinion. The astonishing and somewhat implausible goal of Islam... to 'convert' the world to their way of thinking is NEVER going to happen... in the past 60 years alone, it is estimated that Muslims have killed over 11 MILLION of their fellow Muslims in land disputes and conflicts...(Sources: Brzezinski, Z., Out of Control: Global Turmoil on the Eve of the Twenty-first Century, 1993; Courtois, S., Le Livre Noir du Communism, 1997; Heinsohn, G., Lexikon der Völkermorde, 1999, 2nd ed.; Heinsohn, G., Söhne und Weltmacht, 2006, 8th ed.; Rummel. R., Death by Government, 1994; Small, M. and Singer, J.D., Resort to Arms: International and Civil Wars 1816-1980, 1982; White, M., “Death Tolls for the Major Wars and Atrocities of the Twentieth Century,” 2003)... this figure does not include Muslims killed in conflicts with non-Muslims...

How can any human being, with even an infinitesimal amount of foresight, not see that there is seemingly only one disconsolate conclusion to the hostility of the Islamic world... towards themselves and others? Can PEACE ever be reached with a group of people who seemingly do not invoke it? I have followed many threads on ATS concerning the practices of Zionism and the link between the funding of certain factions and warfare... is it reasonable to blame those who fund people who seem 'hell-bent' on out and out warfare?

The people of Islam remind me of stories I used to hear about Vikings who conquered most of Northern Europe... the incomprehensible treatment of non-Vikings is indeed comparable to the way that many Muslims view non-Muslims... the proclamation of the intention of world dominance guided by their gods and traditions... the apparent lack of respect for anything that challenges their way of life... and their ostensible desire for death and bloodshed... I see many similarities indeed...

I hope that the hierarchy within the Iranian Judicial process are brought to their senses quickly as I fear for the future of the middle-east should these barbaric practises continue... If America and their allies truly wanted to destroy this region, as many Islamic people may believe, such actions could have taken place years ago...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
As a Christian we are taught that we are to preach the gospel of Jesus.
Not win souls or convert people, just preach the gospel of Jesus. The rest is for the Holy Spirit to do.
This Pastor now faces death for carrying out the Great Commission. To preach Jesus/ the Gospel is to serve God.
Its promised by God to be rewarded in heaven.
Our lives on earth are short and our eternal life in heaven is eternal. It is a great honour to die serving God.
It sounds strange but it is worth dying for, to preach salvation through Jesus.
In Jesus nothing is wasted.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I am sorry I can't let that go.

You wait until I sign off to make the largest post you have contributed to this thread, about me?

talk about deflection.

I think I have contributed more to this thread, while disagreeing with you than you by simply agreeing with everyone. I have provided the real motive behind his trial and possible execution. You have repeated talking heads news, you have done NO RESEARCH. your opinion is crap.

I have made no attempt to deflect anything. I asked a genuine question. You get everyone on the hate the target of American foreign policy band wagon. not to mention that when you have nothing but your judgments of the people or their religion you resort to saying you are on a moral agenda because you care. You really care about the injustice Iranians are suffering, really? that's why you have to simply talk about how we speak to each other without even mentioning the plethora of signs of the democratic movement in Iran. The struggle the Iranians are going through is the farthest things from your agenda.

You only worry about selling the hatred of Iran and all things Muslim. You do so because the US is trying to get the war with Iran going, just like Iraq. They need public sentiment to accompany them in yet another illegal war.

The truth is it is their country. What do you care. Really. Your motivation is purely the negative aspect of Iran. Not the people or the positive influence its democratic movement has. If you had bothered to do more than 2 minutes of research you would have found out this man is in jail because he challenged a law about EDUCATION. The excuse is irrelevant, they also charged him with rape, and extortion. BUT NOOOO

You like the idea that Iranians are killing Christians. It sells better. You have contributed ZERO new facts and have just wasted all our time talking about me. I asked the other poster why she is motivated to constantly be on guard against Iran.

That is valid IMO since she might be convinced of something that is based on lies. LIKE FOR EXAMPLE that this guy will die because he doesn't love Islam. NO, he is in jail because his congregation is deeply founded in the democratic movement that tried to oust the regime and he supports their platform. YOU DONT CARE ABOUT THEM. so you talk about me.

SO again. what have you contributed to this thread. An analysis of me after I sign off like a coward?
The facts have not been touched until people like me asked what was really going on. People like you speak exclusively in rhetoric without adding anything to the conversation besides your own limited judgment.

sorry, try again. My motivation is justice, yours is trying to sell a lame war. Judge yourself and fix our country first, hater.

now flame on with the response about me and be as off topic as you acuse me of being. Ask me a question instead of being a coward and saying "this poster" and filling a huge post about.....nothing.....are you that lame?

edit on 23-2-2012 by casenately because:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
right

On the off chance you care, the word above is where I stopped caring about what you had to say. If you want to throw down, get your facts right. At the very least learn the difference between the executive branch and the judicial branch and what each is responsible for.

Once done with that, feel free to read up on The Islamic Republic of Iran, Sharia law and the number of people they have illegally killed by defiling their own religion for their own personal gain. I make this suggestion to you because its the topic of the thread.

If you wish to play the paranoid conspiratorial Us government is evil card, take it to one of the thousands of threads already in use on this site.

Now, do you have anything to add about Iran, Sharia law and whats going on with the pastor? If you do, good, put it out there and lets discuss / debate it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
You wait until I sign off to make the largest post you have contributed to this thread, about me?

I didn't wait until you signed off. [You're not that important] I went to the gym, came home and made dinner then after wrote that out in like 5 minutes.

Also it wasn't ALL about you. I opened up on pretty much everybody who were obviously deflecting the topic in the first two pages.

now flame on with the response about me

Again. It wasn't all about you....

and be as off topic as you acuse me of being. Ask me a question instead of being a coward and saying "this poster" and filling a huge post about.....nothing.....are you that lame?

Was I wrong?

edit on 23-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Can nothing be done about this?

Anything? Will Iran negotiate with diplomats to take this man and his family off their hands?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

So not only are they trying to emulate the Crusades here they are playing "Inqusition". Oh yeah ,these guys can be trusted right?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

To suggest that you were NOT attempting to deflect the core discussion point of this thread when your comments are clearly visible to all, does indeed make you seem farcical...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

actually the international pressure has delayed his execution for a couple of years now. He will in all likelihood be pardoned. The "he will be executed" headlines will only be proven right when he actually is executed. They have been doing this song and dance since 2009.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

then why was like 90% of your post about my comments? you didn't even ask me a question, You referred to me as "this poster" and proceeded to go off on an analysis of me, for what, to NOT address my points. That the sincerity of your concern is in question to me.

If you care why do you NEVER mention the people you are supposedly defending. You have nothing but judgments of Islam or Iran, not the virtues of its democratic movement. That makes your motivation very much suspect IMO.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I've noticed from past stuff to now, we hear NOTHING in huge amounts of the evils a country does - until my 'dear old' usa points the 'lets go to war' finger at them.

Then stuff comes outta everywhere to build more hate from us to that country.

What's next?

Ethiopia?
Gonna then start hating the starving people because why? They eat food with maggots in it to survive?

A stretch but really not so far from the truth. I see little to no stuff raging about Afganistan any longer. Or Kuwait. Or Libya. But since we're looking at Iran now, that's the new hate flavor of the year.
How come no one else notices this trend????

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join