It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN - Final Verdict for Christian Pastor - DEATH

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

Should i post islamic news sources of the many many many cases of homosexuals, apostates and adulterers being executed in Iran and islamic countries or would that make you look silly ? Are you actually denying Iran does this stuff ?

*Facedesk

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well, as a real Christian-I CAN say that- I know it is the greatest honour to die in His name. Not to seek death, but to accept it.

Even after watching 'the' Syrian video, I would. It scares the # out of me, but I would. Does that make me a sheeple? Good. He has been with me from the begining. I am proud to be in His flock. That video is terrifying, but I would be complete knowing I died for the only real thing in my life. Rip on me all you want, I still love you. *SMOOOTCH*

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
People defending this need their heads checking out

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I just dont understand this. The US has to apologize for burning the Quran because we are evil but yet these sick fools can kill a man for his faith and still get defended by posters here. Sick, sick world we currently live in!

How much hell would rain onto America if the local police started rounding up Muslims and killing them publically because of their faith?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Iran Court Convicts Christian Pastor ... Final Verdict is Death 'at any time'

His lawyers appealed the decision under the premise that Nadarkhani was never a Muslim at the age of majority, and the case was sent to Iran’s Supreme Court, which upheld the lower court’s decision of execution, provided it could be proven that he had been a practicing Muslim from the age of adulthood, 15 in Islamic law, to age 19, which was when he converted.

The lower court then ruled that Nadarkhani had not practiced Islam during his adult life but still upheld the apostasy charge because he was born into a Muslim family.

The court then gave Nadarkhani the opportunity to recant, as the law requires a man to be given three chances to recant his beliefs and return to Islam. His first option was to convert back to Islam. When he refused, he was asked to declare Muhammad a prophet, and still he declined.

:shk: Lovely. Welcome to the Iran of 2012.
Sure, sure .. that country can run itself any way it wants.
But it still SUCKS and is really, really DUMB.

My heart goes out to him and his family ... innocent victims of Iran.
Flame away ...

No....you're really dumb for not fully understanding their culture and religion.....at least that was what some nut from the land down under was trying to explain earlier today in his anti America hate fest.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by FlyersFan

What is even sadder is how the apologists here will simply remain silent.

All the worlds leaders, including Obama, should go on record condemning this action.

There is no gray area in this action. It makes it crystal clear what a world under that system would be like.

The fact this is so in our face public and not hidden from the world tells me, this is a message to the world.

Obama won't go on record defending Christianity because according to his administration Christians are Domestic Terrorists.

What gets me is why would this guy not move his family out of the country if he knew there was a very real possibility he would be killed for converting?

Doesn't make any sense to me. You can't be a champion for a cause, if you're dead.

On the contrary, the NT mentions countless times how great it is to die in His name. NOT like Jihadidy akbar bombvest cuckoo clocks; like op. I would proudly stand next to this man. It would terrify me, but I love God more than anything, and if this already short life were cut even shorter, I know my conviction to be the actions matching the decible range of my words. Thats my take anyway. Go hard or go home. Well, in this case 'and' go home.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Just to get me caught up with this thread, has any Muslim come on board to clearly condemn this action? Or perhaps show a letter printed in a paper with leading Muslims condemning it. I might have missed it in all the excitement about why we don't have to pay attention to it because the United States has "talking head" journalists.

Well, at least if our journalists bad mouth the government, they'll still have their heads.
edit on 22-2-2012 by charles1952 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This thread is a riot.

Let's walk down all the deflection on the first two pages...

Right off the bat, we get this...

reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

So? its their i guess you would rather bomb and bomb bomb Iran like John McCain says?

Nobody mentioned anybody bombing anyone...

reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

And i guess the only option in the minds of hard core War believers that its time to bring Regime change to Iran like what the one in Iraq?

Oh and FlyersFan dont you know that there are Jews living in Iran freely?

Again, nobody mentioned ANYTHING about Regime change or Iraq and now of course right on cue the Jews are dragged into the topic...

reply to post by Dannijca

So what you about the families of the 24 children's and old people, that the US trooper assassinated, and still US court gives him no jail time??

The above poster must have missed the MEMO or not read the threads premise. The next few should write about the US problems in their own threads
This thread's topic was Iran.

reply to post by Mister_Bit

A seemingly corrupted religion or a Nation that wants to destroy that religion by destroying a nation and enforcing their own morals on it?

Seemingly corrupt? Also, At this point nobody in the thread has advocated ANY action on Iran other than simply discussing the topic provided by the OP.

Let's move along...

reply to post by casenately

well, their country, I don't see the point in bashing on them. You seem to really hate Iran.....who cares.....

Some people who value religious freedom for all faiths?

Does anyone honestly think that even if they were satanic puppy murdering, child molesting, pig uckers we would have any more reason to judge them.

Notice how the poster attempts to put words into other member's mouths then attempts to discredit his own rhetoric?. Again, Notice at this point nobody has said anything about ANY of that.

It's their country. Do you look at tribes that have not had the benefit of our advancements as being savage for cannibalism. They have a right to be as they wish. Eventually, they will learn or die out.

So now the poster tries a simple bait and switch. First they compare Iran to a bunch of cannibalistic savages then justifies their actions...

I don't understand you guys and the Iran hate.

Now at this point. The General discussion has been civil. But simply discussing the situation members are now being called haters.

You ruin forums by flooding it with this mess.

Meanwhile the 1000 to 1 Bash USA or Isreal threads are not "Flooding the forums with a mess" That is just considered normal...

Just do something else with your time.

In other words ignore what Iran is doing and focus your attention Anywhere else but there.

It is the same thing as everyone else in the non-digital world. You waste your lives away with nonsense, all the while being miserable in your existence. Fix that. Or are you perfect?

Now apparently discussing somebody being killed for their Faith is considered "Nonsense"

Ok, moving along...

Don't waste your time with these messages of judgment. Advance yourself in something you are lacking. Don't run the wheel, mr.hamster .....there is more than your caged mind.

Remember folks unless you're bashing Israel or the US you're simply a hamster

Safety tip. Please exit Hamster wheel with care.

That was just page one.

Correct, if Iran does't want Christianity, who are you to enforce it on them?
Why can't you get that? It's not your place to say what another country chooses to do

This one was pretty funny.
Nobody was advocating Forcing Iran to do a damn thing.

I am just trying to understand the hate? Why do you care soooooo much. I just don't get it. do you go ape..isht over the Koreas, tribes that kill their young because they can't feed them, or voo doo because it kills roosters for their blood. After a while, I just wonder, are you doing this with ALL your time. If so, you waste allot of it.

Simply trying to deflect the thread from the topic. It's really sad that so many go out of their way to sidetrack a thread.

Are you happy?

Does this help?

Wouldn't another activity make you happy?

Do you not want to dedicate your time and energy to your personal advancement?

does judging another country actually benefit you, or us?

Meanwhile everybody and their brother judges Israel and the US at a drop of a hat 24/7 here at ATS. [Grabs his Hip waders]

reply to post by mayabong

Of course it doesn't hurt to get the christians in an uproar so they will want to bomb Iran too.

Keep in mind, in Israel you go to prison for giving a bible to a jew.

Here we have a second or third reference to bombing Iran from Iranian Apologists. Yet the supposed "Hawks" have not said anything about that scenario. Now why is this? I guess if we keep reading the thread we'll find out...

Oh yeah. "The Jew" was dragged into the topic for the second time..

I just don't get your obsession with Iran all of a sudden. Like if you were always anti Iran injustice, then I would say, OK, this person has dedicated his life to injustice and oppression in Iran.

This poster obviously has never read any of a couple of the well known Iranian apologists threads who create exclusively Anti Israel/US/West and Pro Iranian threads here at ATS which out numbers the OPs by hundreds...

We have huge fish to fry at home. Wouldn't all this energy be better spent fixing our own countries, rather than focusing on a country we haven't cared for since 1979?

Notice the reference to "1979" seemingly to justify any Anti US Rhetoric.
so blatant.

Even on a personal level, does this gratify you in any way?
Do you really have nothing else more important to focus on? It seems like a waste. You seem like an educated person. Why not focus on fixing our countries instead. It seems more important to me. Not you?

Here we see baiting and deflection.
The OP didn't buy into it and neither have many other readers.

Well that was just from the first two pages.

PEACE
edit on 22-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

No one said it was ok, not important, or trivial.

We are asking why the flood of Iran threads given the huge step back in our own countries as far as the same spirit of oppression.

Are you guys not so motivated to speak against what is done in our own country with the same fervor?

Problem is.......

You haven't really addressed ALL the Anti US threads,all the pro Iranian threads that are on this site,and MANY American address their nations faults...Daily !

Iran wants to become a Nation among equals,but how can they claim tolerance,with decisions like this?

edit on 22-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

And to think, they whine and cry and throw fits when Americans voice concern, dismay, or disdain for their backwards ways. Allah was supposed to be about love, wasn't he? Just like God? Somehow, somewhere, christians finally gave up killing those who wouldn't convert or revert to their side of the tracks. Why can't islam grow the hell up and do the same? Because the people are ruled by a bunch of mullahs who would rather dominate the fears and hopes of their charges instead of inspiring them to be better human beings. There are good folks who are islamist, just like there are actually some good christians. There are good animists, buddhists, athiests, every view has good people who live their lives quietly and joyfully. Its just a pain in the a$$ to see this happen. Ultimately, it comes down to throwing another handful of dung in the faces of Americans, they'll kill him just to spite a country they cannot understand.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dannijca

So what you about the families of the 24 children's and old people, that the US trooper assassinated, and still US court gives him no jail time??

That was an injustice! Its terrible the criminal acts carried out on innocents, and it needs to be understood and renounced by every sane citizen of the world.

But that doesnt cancel out this, now does it? They don't cancel each other out!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

If you think that other countries can do as they please without citizens of this world speaking up and denouncing it, and without leaders doing the same. And without actual teeth, as it should be, from the UN, to decide how to deal with that country, you are living in a hellzone. Thus far its a hellzone, but there is light here trying to progress this world and that will progress all citizens of this planet, and all countries will no longer be conducting any form of dictataroships, theocracies, force, control, slavery and abuse of women, children or citizens of any kind.

As it is right now, I wish we had real World Virtues and Rights Of All People and while I don't support any shock and bomb treatment, for violators of this, it would mean immediate police action by the majority of the world who would immediately right the country and rescue the citizens to safety, for any country violating Freedom, Democracy, Humane and Equal Treatments of all people, and I would include not having paid for medical, dental, affordable housing and food, needs, education and guaranteed incomes to everyone, with no forced slaveries, then they would loose the temporary right to rule until it was established for a decade or two as a wonderful free country again.

Not war, but very firm immediate police action.

That is how I would run things. Thats how a civilized world would be.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Great. Americans, who still execute criminals, are crying because another country has different laws and a different criteria for executing criminals.

Hypocrites.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Yes, this man deserves death.

He willfully broke the law knowing the consequences of his actions. He already accepted them.

Sure it sucks that there is even a law like this in the first place but if you do the crime you gotta do the time.

The only way this man would not be deserving of this punishment is if he was wrongly accused (didn't do the crime) and it could be proven. We all know he is guilty.

My problem with this is the timing is bad and unwise on the part of the Iranian government to force this issue into the limelight at this time when so many US guns are pointed at Iran.

Perhaps they want to provoke the Americans. Perhaps the Americans will use this as an excuse to further their illegal war on Iran. If the U.S. used this as an excuse to kill Iranians they are no better than the court who gave this sentence.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I kind of figured this guy would get convicted and executed when I heard about this awhile back. It is too bad. I commend the man for standing for what he believes in regardless of the mortal consequences. A man of conviction will have it no other way. Religion should be a private matter between that person and whatever deity they worship. Apparently, many others feel otherwise? In my opinion, the state and religion should never cross paths.

My thought is why bother taking this to trial and making a spectacle of it? It is not like he had any chance of beating it, and being given the right to maintain his religious convictions. Giving someone false hope is the same as giving them no hope at all. Should of just took him to the gallows the moment the secret police caught wind of any Christian conspiracy. Why the pleasantries and posh ceremony? Just another kangaroo court playing around with justice like children play around with marbles. Just my opinion of course. Iran can do whatever it wants to do as far as I am concerned.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The laws in Iran are completely effed up! They make them up as they go along!
laws in civilized countries are put in place to protect people, not murder innocent
lives.

To the people screaming live and let live, I have a question.....What makes you higher on the chain
than an animal? I mean a literal animal? The only thing that separates men from animals is a conscience
and within it, a moral compass. When you cease to see the human in mankind you cease
to BE human.

Regardless of a persons nationality, faith, sex etc. If you cannot see the simplicity
in RIGHT and WRONG.......you no longer matter in this world!

A bunch of blood thirsty Muslims killing for the sake of killing!
Yes, this is racial profiling because the facts dictate it as such.
Deal with it!

Pax

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

And i guess the only option in the minds of hard core War believers that its time to bring Regime change to Iran like what the one in Iraq?

Oh and FlyersFan dont you know that there are Jews living in Iran freely?

You're the only one beating the war drums up to the point of this post, not anyone else, only YOU. The fact that you keep claiming someone else is calling for war is very, very telling.

BALONEY there are Jews living freely in Iran. Absolute hogwash.

There is NO ONE living freely in Iran. NO ONE.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
The laws in Iran are completely effed up! They make them up as they go along!
laws in civilized countries are put in place to protect people, not murder innocent
lives.

To the people screaming live and let live, I have a question.....What makes you higher on the chain
than an animal? I mean a literal animal? The only thing that separates men from animals is a conscience
and within it, a moral compass. When you cease to see the human in mankind you cease
to BE human.

Regardless of a persons nationality, faith, sex etc. If you cannot see the simplicity
in RIGHT and WRONG.......you no longer matter in this world!

A bunch of blood thirsty Muslims killing for the sake of killing!
Yes, this is racial profiling because the facts dictate it as such.
Deal with it!

Pax

Right and wrong are subjective, they change with the time and place you live in. Sure there are some universal codes like killing your family members is bad(most of the time), but the surrounding society plays a large part in what we think is right or wrong. What gives you the right to decide for people in far off lands?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shred

Right and wrong are subjective, they change with the time and place you live in. Sure there are some universal codes like killing your family members is bad(most of the time), but the surrounding society plays a large part in what we think is right or wrong. What gives you the right to decide for people in far off lands?

How enlightened.

The brutal islamic regime is killing someone just because he chooses to worship differently.

Not subjective.

I suppose you were all for slavery in South Africa during Apartheid, as well?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Bravo. You better get your flak jacket on.

I can't even begin to imagine the thought process that allows a person to think this is OK just because of where it happened. Gives me less hope for the future. I'm kind of glad I'm getting old.

Odd how some are unaware the same could happen to an Atheist under a Theocracy like that, not to mention what they do to Gays, to make sure that Ahmadinejad was honest when he said there are no Gays in Iran. Under Iran I'm sure there are many.

What is most sad is the victimization of the Iranian citizens forced to live under that system. My heart goes out to them. Lets hope that they don't start placing schools and hospitals on top of their weapons facilities like their Iranian funded counterparts do. I imagine that is coming if the facilities are not already under them.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join