It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN - Final Verdict for Christian Pastor - DEATH

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

I don't want to get off-topic. (The Mods are everywhere) It may be that there are many Iran threads because they keep putting themselves in the news! This OP is simply one example There was no neccesity to sentence this man to death. It was strictly a political choice. There was no requirement to kick out IAEA, or threaten the Straits, or etc., etc., etc. We talk about it because Iran does it.

This thread illustrates how Iran treats the people it can reach. I don't want it to reach another person this way.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by strato

I believe religion is a mental disorder.

Religion is hardwired into the human brain. That's why there is a thing as religion in the first place. Because there was/is an insane demand for an explanation to that very "something" that stems from a particular part in the human brain. That's why faith is very real.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
lets discuss the true nature of the government there that is committing this injustice. Are they in power by popular vote, or are they facing a growing dissident movement that already tried to kick them out in favor of a democratic system. The radicals in power are there by a string of power. Eventually the people will overcome them. I say let's be sympathetic to them and not condemn Iran. Make the distinction that it is the government that is doing this with a veil of religion. Let's not condemn Islam just because they have lunatics there as well.

If that were the case I would be here all the time too.

I just get turned off when I hear Muslim this and Muslim that. It is just dumb.

I am not new......just reborn
edit on 22-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

Sympathy? Not so much. How about a condemnation of a regime that brutalizes in the name of religion. That justifies killing in the name of religion. That cowers and hides behind their religion?

That are abeted by those in the west that aren't strong enough to stand up to brutal regimes that slaughter in the name of their religion!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

No one said it was ok, not important, or trivial.

We are asking why the flood of Iran threads given the huge step back in our own countries as far as the same spirit of oppression.

Are you guys not so motivated to speak against what is done in our own country with the same fervor?

I don't think anyone was a lunatic and said they accept this as a sane judgment?

I will not leave. Post in a private place if you don't want the opposing side of an argument. ATS is just as much mine as yours.

It is ours.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
No offense but what is the point of this thread.

A discussion of Iran putting a man to death for his religious beliefs .

So why choose this one incident from Iran..

It's in the news.
Why not discuss it?

Iran is an old culture and yes they have problems leave them sort their own problems out.. Whats the alternative bomb them back into the stone age and kill a few million of them...

Haven't read anybody here yet in this thread advocate doing a damn thing other than discussing Iran putting a man to death for his religious beliefs .

Why all this Iran hating..

Discussing Iran killing a man for his religious beliefs is "Iran Hating" ?

Because they want to install a central bank in Iran.

That man being killed by Iran was a banker as well?
Wow This site is impressive.

You learn all kinds of interesting tidbits.

The put on the news what a bad country Iran is and all the sheeple bounce along behind in agreement..

Who said Iran was "Bad"?
Simply discussing Iran killing a man over his religious beliefs

Think for yourself..

edit on 22-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

we have the same injustice being done in our name and that of "freedom". We are being sent to the poor house while our young get shipped off to secure the world banking system.

The regime is not the people or the religion. You said it yourself.

Be sympathetic to the people suffering under the regime then, if not what is the point of being disgusted by all this if you don't care about them?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

No one said it was ok, not important, or trivial.
How many Muslims on this thread are saying it is horrible? How many Imams across the world have signed letters condemning it?

We are asking why the flood of Iran threads
I've already told you why.

given the huge step back in our own countries as far as the same spirit of oppression.
You really think that executiong a man for a religious belief is "the same spirt of oppression" as in the US? We raise Holy Hell if a protester gets a cut from a smoke greande. The police can be, and are, sued, fined, fired, whatever, for misconduct. We can swear at any politician, religious figure, or god we want. Homosexuals aren't killed by the government. "The same spirit of oppression????"

I will not leave. Post in a private place if you don't want the opposing side of an argument. ATS is just as much mine as yours.

It is ours.

Stick around. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

link   
So, what up with all of these executions in Iran?

Why so many executions for drugs?

According to past news reports, the drug problem isn't even going away or slowing down.

Could it be because they have no economy?

Are these sanctions driving people into dealing drugs just to stay alive while risking their lives doing it??

Why does Iran want to drive it's people to crime in order to survive? Or not?

I guess the proof is in the pudding.

They simply don't care about their own people.

iranhr.net...

edit on 22-2-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by beezzer

we have the same injustice being done in our name and that of "freedom". We are being sent to the poor house while our young get shipped off to secure the world banking system.

The regime is not the people or the religion. You said it yourself.

Be sympathetic to the people suffering under the regime then, if not what is the point of being disgusted by all this if you don't care about them?
Unfortunately, our current POTUS didn't side with the Green Party in Iran in 2009, so all that is lef is us to shout out injustice and disgust.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

yet, why in all my countries history has there never been such a gross violation of the constitution?

Why do we have now military arrests without due process, FBI watch lists that specifically target Muslims?

Why are all social groups being monitored by our government?

Why do people go to jail for protesting?

Why are there military drones flying over our country doing surveillance on our citizens?

Why are there secret prisons?

Why is the internet and information in general falling under a top down system of censorship?

Are we free?

Do we not jail people because they are radicals?

Do our police not kill our citizens with relative impunity, like that of a dictatorship?

We don't have secret police at home?

yes, the same spirit of opresion.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by strato

I believe religion is a mental disorder.

Religion is hardwired into the human brain. That's why there is a thing as religion in the first place. Because there was/is an insane demand for an explanation to that very "something" that stems from a particular part in the human brain. That's why faith is very real.

Wrong. Atheism is the default state. Believing in nonsense is the result of being brainwashed by the parents as a kid. If believing in ultimate authority is hardwired why does society try so hard to make us believe it?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What about this one?

In a Foreign Office statement, Burt called for an urgent review of all the execution and detention cases. "I am deeply concerned by a new wave of executions and arrests in Iran,” said Burt. "There are reports that Iran has already executed around 50 people this year, some of them in grotesque public displays.

This continues a shocking trend of excessive use of the death penalty that has been condemned by the United Nations. "There has been a wave of arrests and persecution of researchers and journalists. "Journalists Saeed Madani, Parastoo Dokouhaki, Marizeh Rassouli, Mohammad Soleymaninia, Sahameddin Bourghani, Fatemeh Kheradmand, Arash Sadeghi, Ehsan Houshmand and Hassan Fathi have all been detained in the last month.

"This raises further, serious questions about Iran's stated commitment to freedom of expression." Burt added: "I was also disturbed to see reports of a lack of due process in the harsh sentencing to death of three Iranians, Saeed Malekpour, Ahmadreza Hashempour and Vahid Asghari on charges of 'spreading corruption on earth'.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

So now journalists are being executed for "spreading corruption on earth" too.

I bet this has something to do with taking sides on the upcoming election!

Why so many journalists in the last month otherwise?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I often wonder what would happen if a Muslim preacher was condemed to death for preaching their faith in a predominately Christian country. There would be an outcry in the Middle East I am sure, just like the riot going on in Afganistan now.

What annoys me is the double standards going on in the world on all sides. We really must learn to tolerate each other and enjoy and share our faiths. After all Muslim and Christian faiths do share quite a lot in common. So very sad and very childish of humanity too.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

According to past news reports, the drug problem isn't even going away or slowing down.

Could it be because they have no economy?

Are these sanctions driving people into dealing drugs just to stay alive while risking their lives doing it??

Why does Iran want to drive it's people to crime in order to survive? Or not?

I guess the proof is in the pudding.

They simply don't care about their own people.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

why are there so many people in jail in the US for drugs?

according to the last 20 years of reports the drug problem has only gotten worse after the war on drugs in the US, why?

We don't have a solid economy anymore, why?

Is inner city youth resorting to drug trafficking in order to survive because the banks and government never invested in them either as people or as communities?

Why does our government drive its citizens to crime to starve or not. Why do we not help our inner cities grow in to Harlem's prior to destabilization and now gentrification?

Proof is everywhere. My government is full of hypocrites.

this to me is more important than what Iran is or isn't doing. Iran is not nonexistent to me, we just come first when it comes to my priorities.

edit on 22-2-2012 by casenately because:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Flame away ...

Afghanistan, Iraq, Djibouti, Kuwait, Barhain, Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Oman, and Syria are all countries Americans have either covertly killed people in, participated in covertly killing people in, or have bombed in the last year alone.

How many countries has Iran killed people in in the last year?

How many laws are there in "the land of the free", specifically?
Are these mandatory laws that each citizen must conform to and abide by required learning in schools?

The United States has the highest documented incarceration rate in the world.

Number of inmates. 1920 to 2006.[1][2] (absolute numbers) General US population grew only 2.8 times in the same period, but the number of inmates increased more than 20 times

en.wikipedia.org...

And if you do not conform to America's idealistic "freedom" and abide by the number of laws ..... we will come to your country and find a reason to overthrow who ever says they are in charge. ✌【ツ】☮

Sincerely,
G.O.D. (Government Of Dollars)

Gratuitous common sense for my fellow ATSers:

The Greatest Speech Ever Made

Comedy. ... but true comedy.... (From the tv show "tThe Office, USA version" ..
The Most Inspiring thing ever said...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

the regime is cracking down trying to destroy the movement towards democracy that almost killed the beast last time. If anything it is a sign that the people are making a difference. The regime is nervouse.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

They got caught. That, and it's illegal. Not sure how many laws there are in America, but I am sure I am not going to live long enough to learn them all word for word, nor are they even required learning in schools.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they step up these types of executions.

Iranian Jews generally have many relatives in Israel - some 45,000 Iranian Jews emigrated from Iran to Israel between 1948 and 1977 - with whom they are in regular contact.

Since 1979 the government has cited mail and telephone communications as evidence of "spying" in the arrest, detention, and even execution of a few prominent Jews.

Although these individual cases have not affected the status of the community as a whole, they have contributed to a pervasive feeling of insecurity among Jews regarding their future in Iran and have helped to precipitate large- scale emigration. Most Jews who have left since the Revolution have settled in the United States.

atheism.about.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

In the world of bizarre ideas, nothing tops trying to make Iran's freedoms equal to the United States'. Go find a listing of all the countries in the world ranked by freedom. Here's one www.freedomhouse.org...

They rate press freedom and civil liberties, with 1 being the top and 7 being the bottom. Iran gets a pair of 6's. The US gets a pair of 1's.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I don't think they can afford to discriminate the Jewish population in Iran. The people as a whole accept them and would riot if that happened. They are on thin ice. They are quietly trying to destroy democratic leaders. Not Jewish people. Religion is just an excuse. Really they fear true democracy, and the people in general.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join