It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN - Final Verdict for Christian Pastor - DEATH

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Iran Court Convicts Christian Pastor ... Final Verdict is Death 'at any time'

His lawyers appealed the decision under the premise that Nadarkhani was never a Muslim at the age of majority, and the case was sent to Iran’s Supreme Court, which upheld the lower court’s decision of execution, provided it could be proven that he had been a practicing Muslim from the age of adulthood, 15 in Islamic law, to age 19, which was when he converted.

The lower court then ruled that Nadarkhani had not practiced Islam during his adult life but still upheld the apostasy charge because he was born into a Muslim family.

The court then gave Nadarkhani the opportunity to recant, as the law requires a man to be given three chances to recant his beliefs and return to Islam. His first option was to convert back to Islam. When he refused, he was asked to declare Muhammad a prophet, and still he declined.

:shk: Lovely. Welcome to the Iran of 2012.
Sure, sure .. that country can run itself any way it wants.
But it still SUCKS and is really, really DUMB.

My heart goes out to him and his family ... innocent victims of Iran.
Flame away ...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well you said it...

It sucks BUT it is their country, their laws and rules and I'm sure he knew the rules, so why why why would you admit to this knowing what is likely to happen to you?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So? its their i guess you would rather bomb and bomb bomb Iran like John McCain says?

+31 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It does suck.
And yes, it is their country, so they are "free" to kill as many christians as they choose, in their country. Unfortunately, their religion gives them the "freedom" to kill christians everywhere for any slight that they deem against their religion.

To any westerner, the Crusades was a millenia ago.

To many muslims?

It's still being fought. And we're losing.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
How strange do the religious people really not see a human being? Really what has this guy done to harm any Muslims which is nothing wtf?
edit on 22-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

that didn't take long.
Someone always has to go off topic into a 'this is just another bomb iran thread'.
Get real will ya'?
Discussing the truth doesnt' equal calls to bomb someone.
FACT - The guy is getting killed by the Iranian government for simply being a Christian.
FACT - Iranian apologists don't like to discuss the crimes against innocent people taking place in Iran.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here were are in the year 2012 and people are still killing each other over religion. What fools. Which is why I want nothing to do with any of their religions, I say ban them all. Or kill them all and let their Gods sort them out. The second choice might be more fitting considering the topic.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
why why why would you admit to this knowing what is likely to happen to you?

Christians believe that to deny their God sends them to hell. Matthew 10:33
"But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven. " - Jesus

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

that didn't take long.
Someone always has to go off topic into a 'this is just another bomb iran thread'.
Get real will ya'?
Discussing the truth doesnt' equal calls to bomb someone.
FACT - The guy is getting killed by the Iranian government for simply being a Christian.
FACT - Iranian apologists don't like to discuss the crimes against innocent people taking place in Iran.

Innocent in who's eyes? In their law he is guilty... yep, still sucks but if you break the rules you're going to get punished.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

why why why would you admit to this knowing what is likely to happen to you?

Christians believe that to deny their God sends them to hell. Matthew 10:33
"But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven. " - Jesus
Oh I agree completely, but he was trying ro preach that in a muslim country where it is offensive and against their laws, why not just keep it to himself or preach somewhere safer?

Religion is a crazy thing.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

FACT - The guy is getting killed by the Iranian government for simply being a Christian. FACT - Iranian apologists don't like to discuss the crimes against innocent people taking place in Iran.

Iranian apologists don't like to discuss the crimes against innocent people taking place in Iran

And i guess the only option in the minds of hard core War believers that its time to bring Regime change to Iran like what the one in Iraq?

Oh and FlyersFan dont you know that there are Jews living in Iran freely?

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Doesn't matter what country it is, this is a disgraceful act and disgusts me.

You can not force a faith upon someone, it comes from the person. Faith comes from the persons true belief in something, telling someone "you must have faith in this guy" is somewhat of a conundrum, Iran needs to grow up.

Yes i will probably get flamed now or what not, but smeg it, this has nothing to do with the west Vs Iran in my post, this post is purely on this conviction.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

What is even sadder is how the apologists here will simply remain silent.

All the worlds leaders, including Obama, should go on record condemning this action.

There is no gray area in this action. It makes it crystal clear what a world under that system would be like.

The fact this is so in our face public and not hidden from the world tells me, this is a message to the world.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So what you about the families of the 24 children's and old people, that the US trooper assassinated, and still US court gives him no jail time??

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Doesn't matter what country it is, this is a disgraceful act and disgusts me.

You can not force a faith upon someone, it comes from the person. Faith comes from the persons true belief in something, telling someone "you must have faith in this guy" is somewhat of a conundrum, Iran needs to grow up.

Yes i will probably get flamed now or what not, but smeg it, this has nothing to do with the west Vs Iran in my post, this post is purely on this conviction.
Well yes, this is totally fudged up.

The thing is, this pastor was obviously so devoted to his faith that he was prepared to die for it, sadly he got his wish... is the world a better place for his sacrifice? Is god happier now that another proved his faith?

Religion is fudged up completely but everyone should be free to believe what they will.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

What is even sadder is how the apologists here will simply remain silent.

All the worlds leaders, including Obama, should go on record condemning this action.

There is no gray area in this action. It makes it crystal clear what a world under that system would be like.

The fact this is so in our face public and not hidden from the world tells me, this is a message to the world.
So who is worse?

A seemingly corrupted religion or a Nation that wants to destroy that religion by destroying a nation and enforcing their own morals on it?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Correct believe what they will. But when those beliefs start to cause others their life then that religion should be automatically rejected. Pulled from the system if you will.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
well, their country, I don't see the point in bashing on them. You seem to really hate Iran.....who cares.....

They have the same opportunity to change their country we all had. Leave it to them.

Does anyone honestly think that even if they were satanic puppy murdering, child molesting, pig uckers we would have any more reason to judge them.

It's their country. Do you look at tribes that have not had the benefit of our advancements as being savage for cannibalism. They have a right to be as they wish. Eventually, they will learn or die out.

I don't understand you guys and the Iran hate. You ruin forums by flooding it with this mess. Just do something else with your time. It is the same thing as everyone else in the non-digital world. You waste your lives away with nonsense, all the while being miserable in your existence. Fix that. Or are you perfect?

Don't waste your time with these messages of judgment. Advance yourself in something you are lacking. Don't run the wheel, mr.hamster .....there is more than your caged mind.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

but he was trying ro preach that in a muslim country where it is offensive and against their laws,

So if a pastor is not allowed to hold worship services in a church, then that is the same as saying that Christianity is not allowed in Iran, right?

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
And i guess the only option in the minds of hard core War believers that its time to bring Regime change to Iran like what the one in Iraq?

Seriously .... you keep going there and no one has. Freak'n strange.

As for Jews practicing freely in Iran -

JWeekly - Iranian Jews are Tolerated but Keep to Themselves

According to one source originally from Shiraz, more members of the Bahai religion -- a minority group considered heretical by the Shi'ite Muslim leadership -- have been executed in Shiraz than anywhere else in Iran.

Despite the official status of Jews as a tolerated minority, several Iranian Jews living in America interviewed by JTA attested to popular, even "rampant," anti-Semitism in Iran in the form of job discrimination and the destruction of personal property.

"You lived quietly and into yourself," said one Tehran native who moved to the U.S. in 1982 and asked to remain anonymous. He described the communal philosophy as "You don't bother them; they don't bother us."

Jews in Iran try to "minimize contact" with their Muslim neighbors "out of fear of exactly these kinds of incidents," he said, referring to the arrests.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

He's a martyr witness for Jesus christ according to Christians.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join