It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Green Glow Near My House.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

To see what it is you mean? No can do, I have Manflu!

ALS

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Tech info:

Most, really most digital cameras have TWO green-sensors for every blue and red sensor.

Result: on long exposures my cameras made every shade of light greenish, I could post some pictures when I am back at home if wanted.

Aurora borealis as a source is possible of course for the green lights seen by your eyes. But the camera might add some green, as described above.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Quite possibly the Zodiacal Light.
Although it is an ecliptic phenomena, due south is a bit of a stretch, anyway, check it out...

Zodiacal Light, Wikpedia

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Saw this same strange 'green cloud' at roughly 8pm last night, i was in the SW of England and facing west. Our whole town was experiencing strange electrical blackouts at the same time.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
If you see any Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I would get out of dodge.
Anyways, some very rare nights we get some odd lighting affects. Once it almost seemed like daylight without a full moon. It does freak you out a little when you see something that you have never seen before. I saw a blood red moon one day and that was a bit impressive. Never saw one of those before. And it was during the afternoon in broad daylight!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Are there any Olympic structures being constructed in that direction? That seems like it could be residual light from a work zone.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Im more than 147 miles away from London (where the stadium is being built), so those would have to be some pretty powerful lights...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Are there any Olympic structures being constructed in that direction? That seems like it could be residual light from a work zone.

No large scale building going on in or around that direction.

ALS

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate

Strange, depending on how far south-west you are, it might be coming from the same direction.

ALS

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has suggested non-human activities.

It could be pollution in the clouds refracting a green hue.
Is it in the clouds or above the clouds.

Its probably something very normal. Different cloud coverage and ect causes different amounts of refraction in the suns rays as it sets. How long after sunset does it last. Is it just in that area. I've seen green skies at night before it happens in similar fashions as having a red sky at night.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So, is it still there this evening?

And did you got the chance to take a better pic?
edit on 23-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Sorry I didnt get a better picture and it's not there tonight.

ALS

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Hey, I saw something similar in November last year except the clouds were blue not green. I posted about it in another thread. I do still have the pictures i took on my camera but have still not found the usb cable to upload them and I haven't gotten round to buying a new one yet. I am located in West Sussex so not too far from you and from where I am they were in a West/South West direction.

Here is my My post

I too would like to know the cause of the strange light.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
More people saw the northen lights this year than ever before in history. Also when electrical transformers blow they give off the copper's green light.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
When copper transformers blow in the you definitlt know about it, they're all based in substations (not one to each house) if one blows a whole street goes.

Yeah you know what I was thinking when I've seen something similar its been to the south west.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
it looks like the northern lights, i havent a clue on what else it could be.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Swamp gas? Looks more centralized though, kind of casting a light around it from a central point. It would have to be very bright to emit this much light! Then again, it could be someone's tail lights from not too far away lighting up heavy fog. Obviously a green light source from the ground, whatever it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join