It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was jesus even necessary?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
reply to post by booyakasha

I think his message actually is a terrible thing to believe in. People believe he is going to come back to save the world! This in turn causes people to not take matters into their own hands, which makes it easier for The Powers That Be to control the sheep. Wake up people. Please! Jesus never existed and he is not coming back to save us! Time to take matters into our own hands.

So whats the plan kasha? If God doesnt exist as you seem to think how are we supposed to beat this collective of royals with an infinite amount of money and power? In a world where now speaking out about something you think seems strange or wrong gets you labeled as a terrorist. we could kill them but most people dont even know who any of them are(ask any random on the street who the rothchild family is)let alone where they live. But if thats to much theres also just saying **** it and not bothering to work for there blood money anymore but the masses are to brainwashed to buy things they dont need and for some dont even want.

Also these people of TPTB arent dumb there just not gonna let there couple thousand year grip on the world just slip out of there hands. Idk bro if God doesnt exist seems like were kinda doomed to be stuck in this system.

So, Armageddon is the answer? It's pre-written. That's it? We're just following the script?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Armageddon or slavery. Those seem to be the 2 choices then?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

That would be horrible! What ever happened to free will? When did free will become a sin?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

We come preprogrammed with so many things, so to speak. How to breathe, how to make our heartbeat... If we are supposed to follow certain gods law, why are we not preprogrammed with those as well? Because god blessed us with free will and independant thought? Sounds more like a curse to me if that is the case......

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by saroncan

I do not understand, care to elaborate?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Slavich

Not sure I understand. Why would god even need propaganda? Why not write what he wants in the sky in fire for all to see or something? Much easier than getting one man to do the job, then hope word spreads to the whole world.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki2012

I agree that some of his philosophies are great to live by. I was just curious as to what people make of the whole needing to make a sacrifice to save everyone part of the book.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

Plenty of great messages are much older and still going strong. The golden rule for example. They didn't need a sacrifice to accomplish it, what is the point of that part is what I don't understand.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Why not just snap his fingers and poof the imperfections away then? Why did he not come back and walk with man once again after he flooded the world and killed off everyone but his chosen?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PeopleOfEarth

I have read a book on the scroll translations, unfortunately I don't remember the name. They seem was too fragmented to really be of much help really. It's too bad they were not totally intact and preserved, but they are pretty damn old lol.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Says who? Who made those rules? Also I remember god making promises to tribes and then later taking it back when the tribes displeased him. Why can he go back on his word only in some cases?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by micmerci

Why not just snap his fingers and poof the imperfections away then? Why did he not come back and walk with man once again after he flooded the world and killed off everyone but his chosen?
If god wanted us to love him, why didn't he create us to love him... if he gave us free will and is supposed to love us, why burn us in hell if we don't accept him... why create hell in the first place and why create a devil to oppose him... seems he is toying with us... or, it's all bunkum

And if he created man, who was supposed corrupted by the devil, that he himself created it means that his creation was flawed to start with but then, he becomes a man himself, so he can commit suicide to save the people that he created in the first place and be resurrected to show how great he is....

Blimey, this guy is a sociopath at best.... or, it's all bunkum

I don't need answers to those questions by the way, they're rhetorical.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well good start, I gotta hit the hay, maybe some answers will come to me while I sleep. Look forward to seeing how the discussion evolves

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by vaelamin

That would be horrible! What ever happened to free will? When did free will become a sin?

Free will was never a sin im simply stating the plausible options we have. Either God as kasha thinks doesnt exist and we are slaves to TPTB for life. Or God does exist and he will free us from them by bringing armageddon down upon them.

I tried think of some other options like if humanity just started to wisen up and fight back although violence seems to be the only option cuase peace isnt working. But then i realized we are to scared to do something like that. Or were just brainwashed not to by are media. Considering other countries do violent protests and get results albeit not all the time.

Then another option i thought was what if we just didnt go to work anymore. Hit em where it hurts, there profits But once again i realized the media has most of the masses brainwashed into fear of not having are electronics or other shiny things. The reccision also seemed to help with that.

So after thinking of a bunch of other variables i realized what does it even matter? These people that rule the world arent stupid. They arent just about to let that power go. Isnt that the point of all these devices they create for keeping watch over us.

But if you have any ideas to what mankind will do to liberate areselves from these wicked people im open for suggestions. I just wonder though, if say a revolution did happen and we won whats stoping someone else from going down that path?

Whoa didnt mean to get off topic. But OP i have no idea why jesus died for are sins. Id have no problem sacrificing lambs. Well maybe, they are cute. But they do poop alot.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Why was the creation of the son of god, and his sacrifice even necessary?

The Grace Of God

Suppose you have a son 6 years, that the joy and sunshine of your life. And imagine that this boy is brutally murdered. What position would you take against the guilty, the cruel murderer? To see all available resources would be to seize the criminal to kill, that would mean REVENGE. If you would satisfy with calmly waiting, or the right will convince him of his debt and he will rightly say, would there be JUSTICE. But if the killer crime would be forgiven , he would also invite you to come live and it would take if your son - that would grace his. you may say: "That example is not real, it is contrary to reality . " Let's take another case. Suppose you have sinned against God. And suppose you because of that sin to hell would be sentenced under the law of God. If God would carry out this sentence, you would not submit to complain, because you received under the divine law exactly what you deserved. But what would you think if God sent His only Son to die as your Substitute and the punishment to undergo by your sin deserved? And what would you think, if God offered eternal life as a free gift if you are His Son as your sin bearer would like to acknowledge? And what would you then think, if God offered you His son and you Himself in His eternal home in heaven to live with him? How would you call it? There is only one word to qualify for such a reaction, and that word is: GRACE. And that is exactly what God does. This example is perfectly true, for it is true. God shows favor to an unlimited ungodly sinners who believe in His Son, Jesus Christ. To understand what is meant by "the grace of God," I give it five simple statements of each detail.

Read More

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Klassified

Says who? Who made those rules? Also I remember god making promises to tribes and then later taking it back when the tribes displeased him. Why can he go back on his word only in some cases?

1. Says God.
2. God
3. Because biblically, Many of God's promises were made with stipulations. Blessings for obedience. Curses for disobedience.

Deuteronomy 30:19

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

edit on 2/22/2012 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OldHag

Simple question: If god wants to save our souls and have us all there in his kingdom playing happy families, why not just do it? he is god.
Jesus is supposed to be god in the flesh, in other words Jesus IS god and god is Jesus... so he sends himself down but he gets angry at us killing himself but he promises us that if we accept him as himself we can escape his own fury and we can get to himself in heaven.... god is a loony lol

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
reply to post by OldHag

Simple question: If god wants to save our souls and have us all there in his kingdom playing happy families, why not just do it? he is god.
That is right, if He want it, He only have to say it. But He give us a free will, and if you don't want Him as your Saviour and King, He never will make you against your will
Like in the last book of the Scripture says that He is knocking on many doors. If you want to open that door, it is your free will to do it, if you don't want to open it, it is your free will as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I think that studying about the kinsman redeemer Book of Ruth can help . this is a good link to audio commentary on Ruth .. www.blueletterbible.org...

peace

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Why was the creation of the son of god, and his sacrifice even necessary? If god is the head honcho, and what he says goes, what is the point of all that? Theatrics?
Who we think of as God the Father, as described in the Bible could be called the Ancient of Days, as in Job in the Old Testament, and in Revelation in the New Testament.
One way to illustrate a way to see the "head honcho" thing is to think of the NT story where Jesus and his disciples are crossing the lake in a boat and a storm comes up while Jesus is sleeping. If God or Jesus as God himself in a Trinitarian way of thinking, was micro-managing the physical universe, most likely weather conditions would have been such as to not hinder the progress of Jesus as he is going about his worldly mission. As it was, it was not, and they were in danger for their lives. Jesus woke up and being God, was the judge of what was right and wrong and determined that it was right for the sake of the wold that the storm did not kill him, so he used his power of persuasion to convince the material universe to change its normal and natural course of action. And so Jesus calmed the storm.

To me it always seems like he was playing by someone's rules or something. Why not just snap his fingers and make it so, unless you don't have the power to do so? But someone with the power to create everything from nothing would have that power, no?
The logical answer is that God does not create "everything" (as in the entire universe) out of nothing. "Rules" is putting it into over-simplified terms. It is just the way the universe is and how it functions and how every being which exists in it have to take into consideration.
edit on 22-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join