It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid's " Shafts"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Sometimes the simplest explaination is just over looked, or over looked to cover up the truth.
I would like to offer up one idea on the reason for the shafts in The Great Pyramid's , it is quite logical
if one can think outside the paradigm we are taught to believe.
I'm providing the sites , you just need to read.

www.catchpenny.org...

A look at modern building construction clearly explains the purpose of shafts.
It's hard for people to accept the idea that in Ancient Egypt that modern Technology could exist.
The shafts were built into the pyramids like any modern building today.
The shafts were not built for air but for cables and built for easy removal again like modern buildings.
Power and communication cables , for solar panels, antennas, radar, satellite dishs.

www.ebooksread.com... arch-hci/1-wiring-of-buildings-for-telephone-service-handbook--for-the-guidance-of-arch-hci.shtml

Explore the possibilitys or offer up a better explaination for the shafts.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

All this talk about "shafts" is twisting my head a little here....I really do bet the Egyptians had "shafts" they were proud of

link   

I believe that the true purpose of the shafts is hidden in alchemy.

Look at this:

I think they were used to eject water vapor.

link   
Thats an intriguing theory. The only issue I have with it is the shafts are not really big enough for the cables and pulleys to get anything down inside the pyramid.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The shafts were actually air ducts...some bent out of shape pro decided to make them star alignments.All those beautiful paintings on the inside were done with electricity.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

not a pulley system my friend, but an electrical system to extract electricity that was harnessed by these machines

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
One does not need a pulley if you install a few pull lines during construction.
As far as air ducts you need a power source to circulate the air.
The size of any is cable is determined by its usage and its affective distance.
The size of the cables and their usage would make them rather small, and a fact that you cannot run power and communication cables together would limit the shafts cable volume.
edit on 22-2-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
The size of the cables and their usage would make them rather small, and a fact that you cannot run power and communication cables together would limit the shafts cable volume.

Wouldn't they have need an outside access? AFAWK they stop about 7 meters short of the outer core stones

Oh and what is the reason behind our not having found any sign of wire technology, nor a precursor to it is, nor its use afterwards?

Why did they build this 'machine' in the middle of a cemetery?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Look at todays usage of cable , under ground access.
Ever heard of the copper age.
Looters could remove the copper cables burn off the outside coating and then melt the copper down and reuse it.
Alot easier than mining the copper mines.
A common access shaft has a enter and exit opening and there are break off points to feed different levels.
Try looking into a telephone closet in a large building.
The paradigm that we are taught to believe is the pyrimids were tombs.
Dig a little bit and you may find that false.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Look at todays usage of cable , under ground access.
Ever heard of the copper age.
Looters could remove the copper cables burn off the outside coating and then melt the copper down and reuse it.
Alot easier than mining the copper mines.
A common access shaft has a enter and exit opening and there are break off points to feed different levels.
Try looking into a telephone closet in a large building.
The paradigm that we are taught to believe is the pyrimids were tombs.
Dig a little bit and you may find that false

No known underground access - why build it with all those turns (the shafts)? Why build it in a hunking big piece of limestone blocks?

Yes I have heard of the copper age have you heard of the technology for making wire - when did the Egyptians develop that?

Why did they leave no trace of the development of such a technology - how long did it take for Europeans or Chinese to develop that technology?

Ah dude it's sitting in a large cemetery with lots of earlier tombs than it around; we're talking evidence here not 'paradigms' lol

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The King's chamber shafts reach the outer walls, but the Queen's chamber shafts stop well short.

These are far too undersized to be suitable for air shafts - you know how in the movies they always show some escaped convict diving into a river and breathing through a 6-foot long reed? Well if anyone ever tried that in real life they'd asphyxiate, since their exhaled CO2 would never leave such a long narrow tube before they'd breathe it back in. If you'd like to try go outside and try breathing for fifteen minutes through your garden hose. The same situation exists in the Great Pyramid, those shafts are so long and so narrow, and potential CO2 of those inside never exits the shaft before it is breathed back in by those inside. Today of course we used forced air systems to move the required amount of air needed by a building's inhabitants, but back in the time of the AE it would have been strictly gravity fed and natural ventilation.

If the AE wanted to build airshafts they could have done so by making horizontal trenches in a single course of stone at the level of the chambers, that would have been vastly easier than cutting a shaft at an angle through many courses of stone. The same can be said for any other utilitarian use (like "electricity") - you have the penultimate tomb, the sacred chamber of the god king - is that really where you want to put the electrical outlet or a big overhead air duct?

It also doesn't explain why the AE used a domed shape for parts of the shaft;

Because of their decorative nature, and the "door" (possibly a ka door), and the fact they open into the sacred King and Queen's chamber, it really indicates they were symbolic in nature. For instance, if they were air shafts for workers, then why the door blocking the middle of the shaft? They could easily have plugged the ends when the work was done to hide they were ever there. The door indicates something less utilitarian and more symbolic lay behind it's existence.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the details Blackmarketeer, much appreciated

I stand corrected, the Queens stopped short as I said - but if the Kings made it to the outside where is that access at?

edit on 22/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

"Explore the possibilitys or offer up a better explaination for the shafts." So basically your saying..until someone comes up with something that you feel is a better idea,that no one can challenge your theory? LOL.um-kay..heres a better idea... put an apostrophe in possibility's, then, spell explanation correctly...then we'll talk...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If the pryamids are tombs for great rulers why no wall carving, drawings or messages why no statues.
What real proof is there , that the pryamids are tombs.
No bodies found.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

If the pryamids are tombs for great rulers why no wall carving, drawings or messages why no statues.
What real proof is there , that the pryamids are tombs.
No bodies found.

Looted thousands of years ago, again they are located in a cemetery- again why? Except for one instance the decoration you speak of came later, there is also a theory that such designs were on wood panels within the rooms.

What evidence do you have for it being a machine that doesn't involve denying existing evidence?

Rather a grandoise structure for just a machine don't ya think? So what are the rest of the pyramids for?

Where is the evidence for wire technology in AE?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Who said anything about wood? With all the stone cutters building the pryamids no one did any carvings inside ?
What proof is there that they are tombs ?
Why no painting inside ?
No artfacts inside , just outside ?

www.mysticalblaze.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Who said anything about wood? With all the stone cutters building the pryamids no one did any carvings inside ?
What proof is there that they are tombs ?
Why no painting inside ?
No artfacts inside , just outside ?

Lehner has a theory that they used wood panels I'm surprized you don't know that, having you researched the pyramids thoroughly so you can deny all the evidence supporting their existence as tombs?

In his paper Niches, Slots, Grooves and Stains: Internal Frameworks in the Khufu Pyramid, Mark Lehner shows that wooden sections were originally installed in the sarcophagus chamber of Khufu. He notes the tradition of real or simulated wooden-frame and reed shrines within elite burial chambers dating back to the late Predynastic era. The reed mat shrine was symbolically inscribed and painted on the walls surrounding the sarcophagus inside the burial chamber of the pyramid of Unas.

When did they start putting carvings inside pyramids dude? please give the date

What proof do you have that they are not, except denying that they are, please show your evidence of them being a housing for one heck of a big machine(s) - please explain also why they built it so big and why they built it inside cemetery? er and what are all those other pyramids for then?

I guess looting is term you don't quite grasp? Actually some items were found inside but when they were placed there is not known. You do know that bodies have been found in other pyramid but I presume you hold the Khufu
is somehold special?
edit on 22/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The scarcophagus got some water damage or something like that.

My theory is in short, they used high pressure water, pumped out from the shaft going down in the ground (they don't know why this shaft is going down below the pyramid deep down. I bet there was water to be found.
And as we know, you can find gold in water..
And they did found lots of small left overs of gold, in the shafts.

So some kind of high pressure water system pumping it out through the shafts and there is some big granite stone (close that to that secret champer?) maybe at high pressure it would move and somehow the gold in the water would be left in the scarcophagus (above it you also got some strange construction). Of course if they used any other materials, they would decade with time, especially we not really sure how old some pyramids are.

But yea the theory they are build and made them just for some kings (building a pyramid would take like 100 years?, at least no way in 20 years as teached/believed. So why build them when they are dead a long time before completing a pyramid and not 1 mummy found in a ''sarcophagus'' either.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Actually, no you wouldn't need a power source in the sense that you are implying. There were various methods the ancients used in ventilating mine shafts, the simplest of which is digging a parallel tunnel and lighting a fire in the entrance to it - the change in pressure then draws air down the tunnel in use (rather than tunnel with fire in entrance).

There were also various other methods of acheiving the same results by using water instead (for those who may point to lack of fire evidence).

ETA:

All of that being said, air holes would have been totally irrelevent in the case of the pyramids as they would have been open and exposed until the final blocks were put in place.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I have read a theory that wooden panels were deliberately used during the construction process as they would rot over time, creating a nasty bacterial problem for any future grave robbers.

Whilst a slightly wild claim i actually think there is some merit in this idea.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join