It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love and the broken heart...pump.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
There are a few things about the heart I do not entirly know what to make of it. I was hoping that a few of you reading this thread would be so willing to share their "broken heart" experiance and your view on the phenomenon.

--

When I was young I heared older people mention stuff about broken hearts, in movies they talked about it and always consider it just some metaphor that had nothing to do with actual pain..just with sorrow, grief and tears....somewhat emotional pain.

But as probably many of you guys and girls understand it does really physically hurt when a heart is really broken. In my case grief and pain because of a lost love, she betrayed me bad. Maybe it was because I am a sensitive person or because of my EQ (whatever that is) but my pain was so intens that I needed a pain-killer...this is no joke.

My experiance with a broken heart made me understand that it is no joke and a terrible thing to cause someone.

The first cut is the deepest they also say, the mental depression and the pain took somewhat over a year to heal. People close to me tried to comfort me with the words... Time will heal all wounds...and it did, but I bet I have an ugly scar somewhere on my heart.

That is my experiance with my heart. And it made me put stories about the heart in perspective. The pain and the mental exhaustion and depression is all explainable with stressed muscles and hormones.

Or is there more to it? Must we think not more of it because the heart just a muscular organ with the sole function to keep the blood-circulation going?

Why do people intuitively since the recording of time talk about the heart when modern science say the cause of all the physiological complaints originate from the brain?

edit on 22/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Dr Paul Pearsall has studied the electromagnetic pulses emitted during heartbeats and has written a book about it. A short description of The Heart's Code from Amazon:

You know that the heart loves and feels, but did you know that the heart also thinks, remembers, communicates with other hearts, helps regulate immunity, and contains stored information that continually pulses through your body? In The Heart's Code, Dr. Paul Pearsall explains the theory and science behind energy cardiology, the emerging field that is uncovering one of the most significant medical, social, and spiritual discoveries of our time: The heart is more than just a pump; it conducts the cellular symphony that is the very essence of our being.

The electromagnetic pulses are 'received' by other hearts. If you are thinking about someone in a loving way, their heart may pick up on it! Though that doesn't mean their mind is always aware of the signals their heart is receiving

This concept is also referenced by Bashar...

The Heart's Code talks about the re-recognition that your heart has intelligence and that it actually communicates to every other heart... literally! Electromagnetically. All your hearts right now are literally talking to one another. I am not making this up; it is not just a philosophical idea or a euphemism or a metaphor. Your hearts are talking to each other in electromagnetic pulses right now.

I suppose this could be why broken hearts really hurt. I've only had mine broken once and it didn't physically hurt, though it was a horrible feeling

edit on 22/2/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fazza!

The electromagnetic pulses are 'received' by other hearts. If you are thinking about someone in a loving way, their heart may pick up on it! Though that doesn't mean their mind is always aware of the signals their heart is receiving

You're right. This has been getting a good deal of press lately and is being accepted by a lot of respectable people in different fields. It is something to be taken seriously and goes a long way in explaining a lot of things. What it doesn't explain though is that just because another heart picks up on it, it doesn't necessarily mean that the other heart is going to feel the same way. It just RECOGNIZES the feeling the other is putting out.

That second sentence is what I find the most interesting though. It's almost as though while people FEEL love, they don't necessarily understand it. And I guess that's what I'm trying to wrap my head around these days. How can someone NOT understand what love is from an intellectual standpoint? Have they never felt it before in the way that a man loves a woman or vice versa? And therefore they don't know how to deal with it? Have they been burned so badly in the past that their heart makes their mind just shut it out entirely? Or have they put themselves in a position in their life to where they can feel it AND understand it, just not act upon it?

With what a friend is going through right now, my money's on the last option. He knows what he knows, he see's what he see's, and he is right. I'm just trying to convince him that he needs to stop thinking about it so much. He's putting himself in a position to where it will happen if it's meant to, but it can happen faster if he just stops being so overly emotional about it.

The putz.

To the OP. I know it may be just a cliche' to you, but you will get over it. And that scar you have? You can't get rid of it. You'll always remember. Just try not to make it into emotional baggage that you carry over into your next relationship. She doesn't desrve that.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: Bad Link

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Back in the day, the heart was thought to be the repository for the soul for a simple reason....it can be detected from outside the body.

Not much more mystery there. I really doubt there is a physiological link between a broken heart (of a relationship) and an actual heart (the organ)....other than any other stress inducer.

Still though, the funny part of it is, years from now, you'll probably be struggling to even remember what it felt like the first time you had a broken heart (or maybe even who). Time really does heal all wounds, so there is that to look forward to.

For example, I can remember what the girl looks like (the first one who broke my heart), but I can't remember her name to save my life, hehe...I know it started with a C, but that's all I got.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

It's almost as though while people FEEL love, they don't necessarily understand it. And I guess that's what I'm trying to wrap my head around these days. How can someone NOT understand what love is from an intellectual standpoint?

I think there's a great deal of disconnection between the brain, the heart and the higher mind. It seems as though people ignore what their heart is feeling and are too focused on acheiving goals and physical / mental stimulation. Perhaps all the negativity in today's world is having an impact on our ability to connect to the heart. This could be why there is less loyalty between partners. I guess once someone's had their heart broken once it's a natural defence to shut out the feelings of love to avoid getting hurt again.

Once bitten, twice shy.

I wonder what effect the electromagnetic pulses have on other things we love? Such as precious objects and activities we love to do. Perhaps when people 'are in the zone' they are feeling a lot of love towards the activity they are doing and it reflects in their performance. I know that when I'm having a lot of fun skating on a sunny day I find tricks come much more naturally.

If a person were to love their car, would the car last longer? The electromagnetic pulses from the heart could add to the energy of the engine, [slightly] reducing fuel consumption and stress on the components. Maybe there's a trend between well-loved cars and reduced breakdowns / cheaper MOTs

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thx for your replies. I didn't do a google search on the matter but I can see because of your comments that scientist today are looking at it on a more open minded and serious way. It is very interesting because my guts say there is something more to the heartt than being just a bloodpump for the body.

Because I am convinced that human-beings are a special species and their abillity to love dearly makes them all the more special. I wonder if animals have also the abilility to love and able to feel the agony of a broken heart.

This immense pain I suffered was at age17 and some 30 years ago now...so it is not something recent. After that relationship I had some other girlfriends and part ways with them. Although the cause of breaking up with them was not something dramatical like the betrayal I mentioned in the OP, it never did hurt or caused serious grief. Can it be that a heart can only be broken once?

Maybe worth mentioning..a bit weird but tell you anyway. One day I felt a cut in my finger but when I looked nothing had happened. A few days later I ran into the woman who broke my heart, the one I loved with my soul... and guess what..? She had a band-aid on that finger, she told me she cut herself while preparing vegetables for dinner.

Can it be when people really love eachother they can become one? One in such a way that they can feel such situations of eachother while having distance between them? If so, can it be that their hearts are responsible in some way...somekind of sync maybe?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fazza!

I think there's a great deal of disconnection between the brain, the heart and the higher mind. It seems as though people ignore what their heart is feeling and are too focused on acheiving goals and physical / mental stimulation. Perhaps all the negativity in today's world is having an impact on our ability to connect to the heart. This could be why there is less loyalty between partners. I guess once someone's had their heart broken once it's a natural defence to shut out the feelings of love to avoid getting hurt again.

Once bitten, twice shy.

I wonder what effect the electromagnetic pulses have on other things we love? Such as precious objects and activities we love to do. Perhaps when people 'are in the zone' they are feeling a lot of love towards the activity they are doing and it reflects in their performance. I know that when I'm having a lot of fun skating on a sunny day I find tricks come much more naturally.

If a person were to love their car, would the car last longer? The electromagnetic pulses from the heart could add to the energy of the engine, [slightly] reducing fuel consumption and stress on the components. Maybe there's a trend between well-loved cars and reduced breakdowns / cheaper MOTs

I know that was true in my case. After my first "broken" heart I shut it all down for QUITE a few years. But yeah, I guess you're right, with all the focus people put on getting by and getting ahead financially, they lose focus on love. Do that long enough and I guess it would feel like it's "A world away" so to speak. Maybe those two go hand in hand sometimes? You want to forget about love so you re-direct your focus somewhere else and justify it by saying " It's all about the business of living."

As far as "being in the zone" goes, you may have a point. Earlier today I was there for a little bit and I've been there before quite a few times for longer periods of times in the past with my writing. What happens there is I'll be writing a lot in one sitting, hours on end, and then when I'm "spent" so to speak I'll walk away from it for awhile and when I come back I'll re-read it. More times than not I'll just look at it saying "I wrote that?" It's almost as if something else was pushing the pen. This only seems to happen with my creative writing though, not the technical stuff. Love is love I guess. Whether it's writing, skateboarding, or a woman, when you're in that zone you can't see anything else.

But about a car? I think that's a bit of a stretch. You can love it to the point where you'll take care of it mechanically on a regular basis as it should be, and that in turn will make it last longer. I don't think it matters what kind of vehicle you have, when you maintain it regularly as you should, it will last forever.

You have a very effective way of loking at things by the way.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
One day I felt a cut in my finger but when I looked nothing had happened. A few days later I ran into the woman who broke my heart, the one I loved with my soul... and guess what..? She had a band-aid on that finger, she told me she cut herself while preparing vegetables for dinner.

Can it be when people really love eachother they can become one? One in such a way that they can feel such situations of eachother while having distance between them? If so, can it be that their hearts are responsible in some way...somekind of sync maybe?

Definately.

www.whptv.com...

Sometimes people have to work to get that "connection" while some people find that it's just there. When it's just "there" that's something that time, distance, other people or outside circumstances just can't break. The ordinary rules of the game or even society don't matter anymore. It's the real thing. It's above everything else.

I don't think your cut finger example is really that out of the ordinary zatara. I've heard of cases of when a loved one dies or gets seriously injured, you can somehow "feel" that from thousands of miles away.

Excuse me if I'm being too forward zatara but.........you must've really loved her.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You mentioned having had more than one broken heart. Were they all kind of the same intensity...did you ever feel pain? Can you explain why one broken heart was more intens than the other?

Was it because you loved one woman (I assume it was a woman) more than the other or did the one broken heart hurt more because the way you broke-up with the other woman?

PS..o yeah....I never loved someone like I loved her....before or after. And I think it was visa versa.

edit on 22/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

For example, I can remember what the girl looks like (the first one who broke my heart), but I can't remember her name to save my life, hehe...I know it started with a C, but that's all I got.

I'm the exact opposite there. I couldn't remember what she looked like but I remembered her entire name. I remember talking to my brother about it when I met her by chance online not too long ago, ( We share quite a few things online ) last July I think, and he was like you; remembered exactly what she looked like but not her name.

He was even surprised that I remembered what her birthday was until I reminded him that it's the same as mine. Same day, month and year. Down to the hour too. She was the one that hurt RAELLY bad. Shut my heart down for a LONG time.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

You mentioned having had more than one broken heart. Were they all kind of the same intensity...did you ever feel pain? Can you explain why one broken heart was more intens than the other?

Was it because you loved one woman (I assume it was a woman) more than the other or did the one broken heart hurt more because the way you broke-up with the other woman?

The first one always hurts the most I think. At least in my case. As it turns out it was just a case of puppy love, but it hurt real bad nonetheless. I think the reason it took me so long to get over her was that it took me awhile to see it for what it was. An infactuation. Back then I wanted love just for the sake of it. I didn't really understand what it was. Who the hell does when they're 17 right? (We're both the same age by the way, 47)

I think the different intensities of what you feel comes down to how you love a woman. For what reasons I guess. The first one hurt real bad simply because I didn't fully understand what the hell was going on. The second one, in Phonix and a full 15 years after the first one, hurt bad because we really did have a lot in common. Was it a different intesity? I don't know. It was differnet KIND of pain though. We had as many good times as time and money would allow and we enjoyed each others' company. I don't feel comfortable going any farther than that, expalining why we broke up, because to this day I still respect her and the reasons were very personal. I have no idea where she is or what she's doing, but I'm still going to respect that part of her life.

The one right now is a whole different animal. I'm always going to love her on a ceratin level, we have a child together, but that really has nothing to do with why we can't be together anymore. Sometimes people just grow apart and sometimes it's outside cirumstances that allow that to happen. We've been together for a long time so this isn't something that just happens. It's been a slow train coming, but it's gotten here. Was it true love to begin with? No. I don't think so. It was the kind of love that comes from being with each other for years and getting used to each others ways. It was a love of comfort I guess you could say. I don't feel uncomfortable saying that because she knows that's the fact of the matter as well. She's just not going to come right out and say it. It does hurt after all.

new topics

top topics

join