It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's best place to buy gold and silver bullion u.k

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Looking for reputable company's so i can start putting my money into gold and silver as when the meltdown hits there gonna go up and up and up...........

thanks

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
*cue the person to lead them to their gold shop*

"Well, look no further"

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

What good is a precious metal when SHTF? You can't eat it or do much of any worth with it in a post apocalyptic world. I don't think Mad Max was that far off. Gas, food, water and women will be what people are "after" imho.

Where do you expect to find a reasonable of gold/silver at a reasonable price? Most scrap I've seen for sale on various websites is overpriced if you wanted to use it as a part-time business. Silver can fetch 15 pounds (GBP) an ounce but when a seller wants 15 pounds himself there's no incentive left at all.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Listen i dont want a lecture on what will be important i just want to know some reputable places to buy from you have your theorys il have mine...........

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

To be honest ebay,

Youll shift through hundreds of actual collectors pieces, rare year coins etc, but you can buy pretty much any purity or weight on ebay thats pegged to the price of gold.

Obviously copper would also be a wise investment.

Only ever buy physical gold or metals though, something you can actualy hold onto your hand, if you want to use that is. If not and its just for trading, then you will have to research which market you want to use etc, each market has difference strings as it where, pros cons etc. Good luck.

I personaly wait till the war in Iran is about to kick off

Find out who in the white house sits on what board of directors and buy shares in all there companys, same with parliment, BAE systems and buy a load of JET Fuel on the futures market.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Sorry, I wasn't attempting to give a lecture, just highlight some problems that may occur. Good luck in any case.
As for a theory, I don't really have one. I'll just join the masses and head for the nearest supermarket with some bricks.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If your an avid collector and know what to look for, try craigslist. I've purchased over 300 oz of silver from private persons and paid less than market value. Best investment I've ever made
edit on 22-2-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

hey thanks no not an avid collector but think its something im going to get into, as i can see it just rising and rising for a while

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

why not prepare beforehand rather than go looting......?

i dont think it will get that bad tho im afraid

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Things to consider

1. Where are you going to store it, protect it.
2. Are you interested as a collector of coins (Numismatic), or just wanting to hold the metal as a store of value.

If you already have 1, figured out and the answer to 2 is store of value, you may wish to evaluate the following

Bullionbypost.co.uk
Baird and Co

Both have been in business a while.

Do not buy gold thinking its an investment and will appreciate. Its not. It stores value, it doesn't accumulate it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ebay is the best source I've found. Only thing that annoys me with ebay is that some of the sellers refuse to do buy it now and will only list bullion on auction.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

My question to you is this. How are you going to prepare for the total breakdown of mankind as we know it? A little food, water and sanitary conditions might help at the start, but when you have the total population of a country "looking" for food, I think we can guess where they will start looking and it's not in the fields.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

who will start looking sorry i dont believe in the whole doomsday etc etc etc that its ever gonna be bad enough we will be killing each other im afraid as most of you seem to want that to happen

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I can only speak for myself, I don't want it to happen. But, if it does, Silver and Gold are going to be the last things people are worrying about, imho.

edit on 22/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

then i will move to what i need in the mean time.......

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
Looking for reputable company's so i can start putting my money into gold and silver as when the meltdown hits there gonna go up and up and up...........

thanks

You can purchase it at Indian Jewellery stores in U.K (Possibly pay cash and avoid Tax
) Alternatively you can also buy it from Middle Eastern Jewellery stores or if you happen to visit Saudi Arabia where they sell it on the streets

top topics

join