It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The purpose for love.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I believe that we are a creation of this universe and/or God. I believe there is a higher intelligence and a lower intelligence and us... a hierarchy of beings scattered across the universe.

I believe that what we are a part of has designed us according to its needs (whether that is the needs of something natural or supernatural, is partly irrelevant in this thread). I believe that that designer has designed us as perfectly as the designer could to fulfill its wants or needs.

So is there really a such thing as wrong? No.

So since we are the created beings that we are, and we are the only way our universe gets to experience itself, wouldn't it make sense to accept all because what made you also made them? Absolutely.

And wouldn't it also make sense to love all since that is the only way that the creator (the one behind your eyes) gets to interpret its creation... as something worth loving.

And here's my favorite part:

Don't you think that maybe this hyper-intelligent creator, if it becomes confident in its creation by our love of IT AND its creation and leads this creator to think that it is doing a good job, then don't you think that that creator might be motivated to create more in your life?

Once the creator knows that its work and its skills are appreciable, then the creator WILL create something else, something better.
edit on 22-2-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

So toddlers who get cancer werent apprciative enough?

I didnt think infants had the ability to spite god.... yet there they are drowning in inches of water in a bucket. Lots of children die brutal deaths everyday.

O thats right nut jobs like to explain this away as reincarnation.....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
I believe that what we are a part of has designed us according to its needs (whether that is the needs of something natural or supernatural, is partly irrelevant in this thread). I believe that that designer has designed us as perfectly as the designer could to fulfill its wants or needs.

I'm not following the logic here. We are the creation of a higher intelligence, which designed us perfectly, ergo we can do no wrong?

First assumption: That we are designed perfectly. I myself think humans are pretty flawed, but we've got great potential.

Second assumption: The creator designed us to fulfill its wants or needs. Maybe so, but maybe no. Perhaps it was really bored one day, then forgot about us. Maybe we are a science experiment in some cosmic lab. Or maybe the creator is watching everything we do with absolute fascination, like beautiful fish in an aquarium.

I believe absolutely there are things that are wrong. Killing others, stealing, intentionally harming others, etc. These things are inherently wrong.

Interesting thread. S&F!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

The children got cancer due to natural causes. The creator did not zap them with the disease. Did you ever think that maybe if there was a creator he would choose not to interfere for whatever reason?

I think the creator would be beyond mind games. Our love or hate would be ineffective to the creator that created us for its own reasons... the creator also would know how are emotions exists and how we use them to get what we want.

It would be like an octopus releasing ink in order to confuse the creator. Or a being using camouflage in order to confuse the creator.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

So toddlers who get cancer werent apprciative enough?

I don't know. That's not the point. Death and illness is completely natural and should be interpreted as such. No one lives forever. I didn't say we would live forever. I just said that as long as we are alive, the creator will do great things for you if you follow the law of love.

I didnt think infants had the ability to spite god.... yet there they are drowning in inches of water in a bucket. Lots of children die brutal deaths everyday.

What's your point? Its a fact of life. If you are to die at a young age, then that is your destiny. If you overcome it, then that is your destiny. How you deal with it determines your strength.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by smithjustinb

I'm not following the logic here. We are the creation of a higher intelligence, which designed us perfectly, ergo we can do no wrong?

Yes.

First assumption: That we are designed perfectly. I myself think humans are pretty flawed, but we've got great potential.

We are not flawed. We are as we are and couldn't be any other way. According to a design, whether it be natural or divine, this is the way we were made to be. So that, imo, is what makes us perfect. However, perfection is in the eye of the beholder. The term perfect is an ideal that is open to interpretation on an individual level. For me, this is perfection, for you it may not be. However, the fact that I see the perfection in this is because I am looking at the big picture. We are all learners in an infinite classroom. For us, at this time, we are fulfilling our purpose, and will be doing so tomorrow. We aren't doing us, the universe is doing us, and this is what it wants done, so who am I to say what's right and what's wrong? All you can do is believe that all is well and is as it should be. Then you will find bliss.

Second assumption: The creator designed us to fulfill its wants or needs. Maybe so, but maybe no. Perhaps it was really bored one day, then forgot about us. Maybe we are a science experiment in some cosmic lab. Or maybe the creator is watching everything we do with absolute fascination, like beautiful fish in an aquarium.

That is very unlikely. The universe needed us so that it could observe itself and learn what it was. That is what we offer. We offer a unique perspective. We should be proud.

I believe absolutely there are things that are wrong. Killing others, stealing, intentionally harming others, etc. These things are inherently wrong.

Maybe, but they happen regardless of what you think of them. Since they happen, we must assume that they are just a fact of human nature. If you are against any part of human nature, that will be projected into your life as sub-conscious self-hatred. So you have to be forgiving and accepting that these things happen and are only happening because they were made, by our intellectual design, to happen.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Wertdagf

The children got cancer due to natural causes. The creator did not zap them with the disease. Did you ever think that maybe if there was a creator he would choose not to interfere for whatever reason?

I think the creator would be beyond mind games. Our love or hate would be ineffective to the creator that created us for its own reasons... the creator also would know how are emotions exists and how we use them to get what we want.

Or perhaps our creator is the universe and we are the only way the universe gets to observe itself from a unique perspective. In that case, everything we do and feel is done and felt by our creator. So the question is, do you want your creator to be angry or appreciative?

An angry creator will destroy you. An appreciative creator will bring you abundance.

new topics

top topics

join