It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for all the Fundamentalist Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
While I enjoy learning new things and hearing other people tell of their beliefs and experiences, I have a problem understanding the views of these Super Christians. I am told that because I am involved in masonry, I am going to hell. That's fine. I am told that anyone who does not follow the path these folks have set out, they too will go to hell.

But what of the Lost tribe in Borneo? A group of people who live very good lives, care for the planet they live on, pray to Bugla Bugla, (God to them) and generally help each other out. Are they destined to hell because they were not let in on the instructional "save your soul" program laid out by the Born Again Christian group?

I personally would have a big problem with any teachers of Christ who think that a mortal man knows the direction of anyone's eternal spirit.

Something to ponder on the road to perdition.

Read the Epistle of James. I think that may help you. The entire reason for christianity spreading across the entire world was to bring Christ's message to these people. However in regards to the people who are in far off remote places isolated from the rest of the world and where no missionaries have gone yet, the epistle of James addresses their issue. Now as for everyone else who has heard the name of Jesus and heard of God, you have no excuse. You heard enough to seek him out on your own and you will be held accountable by him.
edit on 25-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes, and I think my biggest problem with the fundamentalist approach, is that how I seek him is my business. My spiritual journey may be very different than some group of born again's who all think you have to follow their cookie cutter plan. Then you hear of another group, claiming to be the saved ones, telling you of a different cookie cutter.

I can appreciate people offering to help someone find God when asked, but I don't like the idea of pounding the idea into someone. If they decide to search for God, they will when they are ready. And when they find him because they are ready, the relationship will be real, and true, and beautiful.

Unlike most of the fundies, I don't KNOW where my soul will end up. I can only hope it's in a good place. But that will not be judged on how many times I read the Bible, or how many times I went to church. It will be decided by how I lived my life, and how my actions influenced others. (IMHO)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

I guess I will never be as well informed as a guy from California who rolls drunks, but I do know what I have been taught, and what I have learned. And you are right, I did not study masonry anywhere other than here. And over in Jolly old England, they may very well worship Balphomet. I highly doubt it, but hell, if you say it's true, why should I question your integrity?

Good luck with your secret knowledge. You truly do know more than any of us.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes, and I think my biggest problem with the fundamentalist approach, is that how I seek him is my business. My spiritual journey may be very different than some group of born again's who all think you have to follow their cookie cutter plan. Then you hear of another group, claiming to be the saved ones, telling you of a different cookie cutter.

I can appreciate people offering to help someone find God when asked, but I don't like the idea of pounding the idea into someone. If they decide to search for God, they will when they are ready. And when they find him because they are ready, the relationship will be real, and true, and beautiful.

Unlike most of the fundies, I don't KNOW where my soul will end up. I can only hope it's in a good place. But that will not be judged on how many times I read the Bible, or how many times I went to church. It will be decided by how I lived my life, and how my actions influenced others. (IMHO)

You're on the right track if you have enough humility to not boldly claim with pride and vanity that you're going to heaven and youre right you will be judged by how you lived your life, but also by what you did with Christ's message. If you see someone do not be afraid to share the message with Christ. If we are ashamed of him, he will be ashamed of us. No one is ever ready to search for Jesus or can ever be ready. If everyone waited to be ready, no one would seek him out.

Then again according to Ephesians those who do believe and can believe in Jesus were predestined to believe, chosen to believe in him. This could explain why he wanted the message spread across the earth, so that it would reach the sleepers who would awaken when they hear of him. This could be what he was talking about when he gave the parable of the wheat and the tares. Not everyone is chosen to believe in Jesus or everyone on the planet would be saved by default instead of being required to believe in him and do the works of Yahweh.

Ephesians 1:3-14

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both[a] which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

This is in regards to people who have never heard the gospel and their judgement

Jeremiah 17:10 "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve."

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.

I recommend reading each full chapter to garner the context of the verses, because the chapter sets the context. Yahweh is a just and righteous God...i cannot imagine he would hit the delete button on some pygmies from some remote jungle in Africa who do not even know there is a Jesus muchless who or what Yahweh is. This is a subject that is hotly debated. If you want to know the truth, read the 4 gospels and Jesus will tell you. I like to kick it old school, no one can teach you better then Jesus can. He desires mercy not sacrifice. So be merciful and show compassion whenever you have the opportunity and look for those opportunities.

Good luck in your quest for answers.
edit on 26-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join