It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for all the Fundamentalist Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
While I enjoy learning new things and hearing other people tell of their beliefs and experiences, I have a problem understanding the views of these Super Christians. I am told that because I am involved in masonry, I am going to hell. That's fine. I am told that anyone who does not follow the path these folks have set out, they too will go to hell.

But what of the Lost tribe in Borneo? A group of people who live very good lives, care for the planet they live on, pray to Bugla Bugla, (God to them) and generally help each other out. Are they destined to hell because they were not let in on the instructional "save your soul" program laid out by the Born Again Christian group?

I personally would have a big problem with any teachers of Christ who think that a mortal man knows the direction of anyone's eternal spirit.

Something to ponder on the road to perdition.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Obviously your lost tribe would not know about Christianity so why would God punish them? If they worship Idols like your Masons do then I am sure he is not going to be happy about it. Knowing and not knowing are two very different things.

I know all about Masons and they are following Satan's plan. Just the fact that they believe in one god but not the one true GOD Yahweh and Jesus. Masons support all religions is just what the devil wants, it should be obvious by their reach and influence.

Do you like your Masonic stamp on the New World Airport in Denver?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

I know all about Masons and they are following Satan's plan

As I KNOW all about your secret that you keep in the garage.

Please, not because I say it, but because one day, you might need to sound intelligent, look up a few facts about masonry from a non biased source.

But getting back to the question, how would any group that did hear of the Born Again plan, but decided it was a bit too off the charts, be damned to hell just because they did hear about it?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
One of the best books I have read is "Mere Christianity" by CS Lewis. He handles this topic quite well, in my opinion. It's been awhile, so I can't remember exactly what his argument was, but when I read it, it really clicked with me. If you really want to explore the Christian faith, I suggest you read it. CS Lewis used to be an athiest, and in the book he discusses the struggles he had with the ideas of faith.

Basically, though, anyone who thinks they are a "Super Christian", as you called them, is not living in the spirit of Christ. The holier-than-thou attitude is NOT what Christianity is all about; not in the least. Christians are called to serve their fellow man, NOT to judge them. So anyone who comes across as a judgmental "super Christian" isn't living the life they should be. Don't judge Christianty based upon them.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Fundamentalists take the following verses (among others) very literally and seriously.
No Jesus. No life.
Know Jesus. Know life.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Obviously your lost tribe would not know about Christianity so why would God punish them? If they worship Idols like your Masons do then I am sure he is not going to be happy about it. Knowing and not knowing are two very different things.

I know all about Masons and they are following Satan's plan. Just the fact that they believe in one god but not the one true GOD Yahweh and Jesus. Masons support all religions is just what the devil wants, it should be obvious by their reach and influence.

You have pushed that completly around. What the devil wants is for you to have as big ego as posible, beliving you are completly right about anything and know better than anyone. He wants you to become a judge of everybody else and hate everybody that do not agrre with you. That is the way he turns you into a devil. Devide and conqurer is the way of the devil. You wanna be devine then work on your ego. There is only god. Religons are only different view to describe god and they are supposed to evolve until god can give the best description on himself/universe. You will not get christ conciousness with a big ego. You have to become devine to knock on the door.

But you choose your way. Have fun and try to enjoy wherever you end up. But do not worry to much. It is only a matter of time until you become devine. And trust me there is no defense against love/mana/light when god send it. Namaste

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
While I enjoy learning new things and hearing other people tell of their beliefs and experiences, I have a problem understanding the views of these Super Christians. I am told that because I am involved in masonry, I am going to hell. That's fine. I am told that anyone who does not follow the path these folks have set out, they too will go to hell.

But what of the Lost tribe in Borneo? A group of people who live very good lives, care for the planet they live on, pray to Bugla Bugla, (God to them) and generally help each other out. Are they destined to hell because they were not let in on the instructional "save your soul" program laid out by the Born Again Christian group?

I personally would have a big problem with any teachers of Christ who think that a mortal man knows the direction of anyone's eternal spirit.

Something to ponder on the road to perdition.

I live in the very midst of these type of Christians, they are actually the norm here. Because I'm a Buddhist I'm a devil worshipper and ignorant and its quite socially acceptable to make fun of people like me with dissenting opinions on the nature of reality.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Not a Mason (yet anyway) but I don't really get from them that they worship "idols"...maybe use them as symbols for a higher ideal, but not worship...but as I said thats just my personal speculation.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Also, I find many of these people are more concerned with their "spiritual appearance" more so then their actual spiritual thoughts/being. These people go no deeper then being able to spout verses from memory rather then really pondering the greater teachings and meanings behind them.

I find many also believe that ones material wealth is a sign of "God's Blessing" rather then being spiritually knowledgeable and wealthy. People in poorer circumstances are looked upon as having deserved it in some way.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I know all about Masons and they are following Satan's plan

As I KNOW all about your secret that you keep in the garage.

Please, not because I say it, but because one day, you might need to sound intelligent, look up a few facts about masonry from a non biased source.

But getting back to the question, how would any group that did hear of the Born Again plan, but decided it was a bit too off the charts, be damned to hell just because they did hear about it?

IMO I find these people very childish in their way of thinking, mostly because they whole-heartedly believe in the most fantastical approach to this religion, its almost like its become more of a fantasy book for them thats real rather then a book of good moral teachings. They NEED to feel special and to think they are the "chosen" in the narrative of their fantasy, which makes their views of other ways of thinking childish at best.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Thank you. You sound like the kind of Christian I agree with.
I have been bashed a bit for my views, but they follow along with what you have stated. I just don't think that anyone here truly KNOWS anything about God or Heaven. We have Faith that what we believe is correct. So knowing that, what right do I have to assume that my way is the only way, or even the right way? I'd say none. I have leaned much more about God and myself for having been tolerant of other beliefs and learning about different religions from people who actually practice them.

BTW, I am a confirmed Catholic, but only agree with some of the teachings, so while I think of myself as a Christian, I am sure there are those who think otherwise. Thankfully, my relationship with God is not dependent on others approval.
edit on 22-2-2012 by network dude because: bad spelr

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I wonder about all the people who existed and died BC. Are they ALL in hell? Are Adam and Eve there too? By that reasoning, it would seem Adam and Eve had no chance of ever getting into heaven so eating the apple was a no brainer.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Before Christ, the Jews could offer up sacrifices for atonement as prescribed by the law. In this way they could still be "saved". After his death, this was no longer the case unless they wanted to be judged according to the law at the final judgement.

However, if you weren't blood jewish or proselytized, you were out of luck for the most part.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Thank you. You sound like the kind of Christian I agree with.
I have been bashed a bit for my views, but they follow along with what you have stated. I just don't think that anyone here truly KNOWS anything about God or Heaven. We have Faith that what we believe is correct. So knowing that, what right do I have to assume that my way is the only way, or even the right way? I'd say none. I have leaned much more about God and myself for having been tolerant of other beliefs and learning about different religions from people who actually practice them.

BTW, I am a confirmed Catholic, but only agree with some of the teachings, so while I think of myself as a Christian, I am sure there are those who think otherwise. Thankfully, my relationship with God is not dependent on others approval.
edit on 22-2-2012 by network dude because: bad spelr

Faith is one thing but blind faith is quite another. I am oiginally from Pennsylvania and most of our family has moved to southern Virginia near Smith Mountain Lake. My mother has always been religious and my sister somewhat but the last several years they have become Sothern Baptists . I see this blind faith has taken over them. I don't quite understand it since they are now sure life begins at conception and that Islam is evil without question! Even when pointing out that what they are learning like helping the poor for example. I also see she has become more judgemental of people in issues......

But like I said it is this blind faith they are completly right and you are wrong..... sister is long time republican and mom a republican too.....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yea, that's where I have my idea that perhaps not everything in the Bible is exactly as God intended.

I find it hard to believe that all those people who didn't fall into the strict categories all went to hell. Imagine all the good people who lived their lives by God's word, only to find out that their only crime is being born too early.

I think I will stick with using the Bible as a guide rather than a history book.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne

The issue here is not what God "has" to do about these people; God can do whatever He pleases. The question answered here is what has God chosen to do? There are two complementary answers. The first is what God actually told us in the Bible. The second answer lists speculations that go beyond the Bible.

From your source.

I am curious, how does one explain this by "going beyond the Bible" yet claim that the Bible is the end all word on salvation?

Is it just convince?
edit on 22-2-2012 by network dude because: fixed quote

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster
Also, I find many of these people are more concerned with their "spiritual appearance" more so then their actual spiritual thoughts/being. These people go no deeper then being able to spout verses from memory rather then really pondering the greater teachings and meanings behind them.

I find many also believe that ones material wealth is a sign of "God's Blessing" rather then being spiritually knowledgeable and wealthy. People in poorer circumstances are looked upon as having deserved it in some way.

It is funny putting people in groups and beliving you are completly right and every body else is wrong. I play around with duality and have som real fun with it. Experiancing the emations are kinda funny.

But then I do something else and let my inner self take over (and my mind go almost totaly silent) and there is harmony, playing, singing and joy.

If people really thought about the meaning and logicly examined it some of the lines in the bible then they might realise that Jesus is telling the same thing as Buddha. That all is connected. Buddha does it more logicly from my point and Jesus does it more emotionally. For me they are two different tools/mesangers from the same place sent to try to get us to evolve. I love them both as teachers and since I am after the connection to god/all/source and Jesus and Buddha are connected to it I will when I have reached god have connected to them both. The only way to connect to god is to connect to Jesus but by doing that I am also connecting to buddha and all the other enlightened souls/spitits. If I say one of them is not part of the whole then I am in fact rejecting god.

I do try to question messages that is of the ego since that is the path that leads to anger, hate, greed, depression, war and death.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I often used to burn an oxen in my front garden as I knew it to be pleasing to my Lord, then my neighbour told on me to the police so stoned I him to death.

WHAT A SUPER FANTASTIC VALUE SYSTEM THAT IS.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

"What of a lost tribe in Borneo?"

God is raising Children, that's the purpose of this Age. He calls them and those who mature in pure Faith become His Children. They will reign with Christ. Any person called by the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will respond to the gospel message, whether that seed was planted 20 years ago or yesterday. These children come to know God's will on an individual basis, just as transpired thousands of years ago per scripture. I choose to have Faith in a loving and just God who is no respector of persons. If they do not have His law, there is no sin for sin is the transgression of law. They will be judged based on criteria that He determines but it could not be for rejecting the salvation of Christ Jesus if they never heard the message. As for you, you are aware of the gospel to an extent and therefore your situation will be judged differently. Scripture states that descendants of Faithful Christians will have His laws in their hearts. Chances are that may mean you and most of the readers here. It is why your rejection of His laws and His Saviour would be judged on a different basis. It's why the western nations, with large past/present populations of Christians, are inundated with every sort of anti-Biblical morality in everything that we ingest from the media. Misery and evil loves company and knows exactly how to manipulate these descendants - pleasures of the flesh and sin and promises of "secret" knowledge. As a Mason, you've taken oaths that probably are in direct contradiction to God's Will. You know already in your heart that any secret organisation that requires oaths and does not disclose information before the taking of oaths is of no good. Yet you've chosen it freely despite possibly a few initial thoughts and doubts.
There is no excuse when God sits above and can be sought by seekers of Truth. HE teaches. HE loves. HE judges.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join