It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream of the Broken Sky. I looked up and saw a planet, wounded and cracked.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I woke up this morning with a strange dream fresh on my mind. I tried doing some searches for simialer themes but didn't find much. The closest I've come was a thread on GLP about dreams of a broken moon.

I thought I would share, dream is below.

Broken sky

In my dream I am traveling. I am traveling for a long time. The time is late late winter, so most of the snow has melted. I am going through mountainous territory.

The land scape is beautiful, with mountain valleys and magnificent vistas. There are farms in this area in most of the valleys. The farm houses all look pretty modern. I'm driving on a road that's high up over one of the larger valleys and I'm looking down into the valley. I spot a house that's near a small cliff.

I comment to someone (my sister I think) that I would love to live here. She say's she'd rather be in the peace region, but still able to see mountains.

I say I'd rather be in a mountain valley so that every morning I woke up I'd see them greeting me. I keep catching glimpses of something strange in the sky.

We reach a house, it appears to be my parents house, but it's not in the location it should be. It's in one of mountain valleys, there's a light smattering of snow on the flat ground, with patches of grass sticking out. I get out of the car and look up.

In the sky above me, larger then a new moon fresh on the horizon by about a factor of 2, there is a planet visible. As near as I can tell it's gray in colour.

This planet has been hit by something, near the bottom left of it, there's a splotchy pattern of white, and huge cracks that sometimes glow red that spiderweb out over a third of it's surface. You can see the glow from the molten core from that broken section in the bottom left, there's a large crater and physical pieces of the planet have been broken off and are spreading out and behind the planet. I can't see them physical moving, but I some how know that they are drifting apart from it. In the crater you can see bits of molten rock, and it glows a bright red.

Near the northern part of the planet there's a even stranger scene. There's a even larger crater from which a equally large plug of crust has broken off from the planet it one solid piece. The plug is above the planet slightly, and from my angle I swear I see a silhouette of a few towers on this piece of land, and I can see evidence of artificial constructions on this chunk.

I get this weird feeling that who ever was on that chunk intentionally separated it from the planet. The angle at which they separated seems like that chunk is going to come straight towards Earth.

In my minds I, I catch glimpses of the world's reaction to this. Every major news channel is doing a story on it, where experts frantically try to explain how this planet got so close to us without any of us noticing. Others try to identify the planet, and quibble over details of it's surface.

Newspapers all share similar headlines. The whole world watches it. No one knows what to do about it. People realize that if we don't even know how to move a asteroid that's about to hit us, then how could we hope to do anything against this. There is a overwhelming feeling of intensity.

I notice that in none of the discussion does anyone even mention the chunk that seems to be inhabited. It strikes me as odd.

I rush inside and ask my sister for one of her cameras so I can take a high quality picture of this thing and examine it at my leisure and see if the city like structures on the chunk show up in the picture.

She works quickly and picks a high zoom lens for me. I rush outside, but now a fog has blown in and is obstructing my view of the planet, it's also moved slightly behind some trees. I still look at it through the Fog but decide not to try and take a picture, because it's obscured. It'll still be there tomorrow.

Then I wake up.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Vaykun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

I too have had some very vivid end-times dreams. once i dreamt that the atmosphere depleted and left the sky exposed (imagine looking into the night sky and seeing the sun, but still being able to see the stars). in my dream there was a comet/planet headed for earth, and the world was in a frenzied chaos. I've never woken up in a cold sweat until then and boy did it scare the hell outa me.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

Crazy dream! Sounds similar to the season finale of 'The Event' last year. Or a film I watched recently called 'Another Earth' (which was rubbish BTW, I dont recommend it
).

Dreams can be precursers I suppose but it's more likely a vivid over-active imagination. I bet it was good while you were in it though!
edit on 22/2/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Huh, I'm going to have to check out 'The Event' and I was going to watch Another Earth but I haven't got around to it yet. Maybe I won't now.

And yeah, it was one wild ride while I dreamed it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

It was a good series IMO but I think it may have been canned after the one season unfortunately. I may be wrong however and I'm hoping for another.

Don't let me put you off Another Earth. Remember, one mans rubbish is another mans treasure

edit on 22/2/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

All too true. After posting that and going to work, I pretty much thought the same thing. I'll give it a shot anyway, who knows, maybe it'll add fuel for some other grand dreams.

top topics

join