Before Adam and Eve there was...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a whole other species of human?

In this thread, I’m not looking to prove or disprove the reality of the bible, Christianity, or God. Nor am I trying to give, or take away, substance to or from myths and legends per se.

What I’m looking for is information from fellow ATS members who are more in the know about a particular belief among some witches, and sundry other people than I am.

The belief in brief states that only those who are of the lineage of Adam and Eve are bound under the God of the bible. The race of people who predate Adam can request “adoption”, but then they bind themselves under the authority of the Christian God. Which is unnecessary since they do not fall under “original sin”, and therefore do not need “salvation”.

It is allegedly accepted as fact among many Jewish “sages”, that there were people here before Adam and Eve. And these were the people Cain was concerned would kill him. But these sages believe those people were/are more akin to animals than humans in that they don’t have the same soul/spirit that Adam’s line does.

It is from a witch that I heard this story originally. And have seen brief references to it on ATS. I don’t have much else to go on. I’m still researching this myself. I’m sure Giorgio Tsoukalos would tell me they were aliens. Who knows, maybe they were.

Any of our resident Judaists, witches, Christians, or others familiar with this story, and it’s background?
edit on 2/22/2012 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
i heard about a woman named lilith.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
No humans, just Neanderthals and Dino. Humans were born of God, then the jealous Watchers who were supposed to look after us humans without getting directly involved decided they wanted to rule over us humans directly. They taught man all the wicked ways and then took our human women to mate with. By mating with our human women they created godless, soulless half breed giants (Nephlim). These Giants and their fathers built the pyramids and other sites around the world that we still cant build today, like Baalbek.

God sent his Arch Angles to deal with the Watchers, then the flood to drown the Giants and all the wickedness in the world.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Hybrids, maybe? Half human, half...something else?

I don't know. Can't really discount it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

lilith was adam's first wife,and god kicked her out of the garden for not obeying adam.
later in jewish mythology,she was a demon who was responsible for killing a child during child birth.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Watch the last couple of episodes of the re-imagined "Battlestar Galactica". That should sum things up somewhat.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Maybe these people before Adam and Eve and Lilith were the Nephilim. Hence, G-d getting angry at the nephilim for procreating with the daughters of man.

I think that the first two were Adam and Lilith, made from the earth. When Lilith and Adam did not get along, Adam was lonely so G-d took a rib from Adam and made Eve.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i don't really follow the whole garden of eden thing,but i love the myth!
as for what was before that,well i think humans have been wandering this planet for a lot longer than we have been taught. A LOT LONGER! i posted my opinion on this yesterday strangely enough !
perhaps you could spend a few min. checking it out.
its titled 'just a theory'
that way i don't have to repeat my self!

cool post though! good question.
not much info out there on this.
'in the beginning,God created the heavaes and the earth.now the earth was formless and empty.darkness was over the surface of the deep,and the spirit of God was hovering over the waters.'
this is what was before adam according to the bible (nkjv)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

before adam and eve there were some aliens playing with their science kit

before the aliens playing with there science kit there was other aliens playing with their science kits also

so on and so forth until it comes back around to us to play with our science kits to create beings that travel through time, so we can repeat the process cause you see its just a cylindrical loop of time we experience and its all happened before (future) and will continue to happen.

life doesn't revolve around us cause other life on other planets also do this.
oh and there was no "beginning" to this 'universe' hence no end.

no i dont have sources i am a schizophrenic. peace

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

no the nephilim were the watchers that came after adam and taught and had their way with the humans.
read the book of enoch

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Watch the last couple of episodes of the re-imagined "Battlestar Galactica". That should sum things up somewhat.

Funny you should mention that. It crossed my mind as I was writing this up. Interesting theory.
edit on 2/22/2012 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

As the bible says - god created Adam, then made Eve from Adams rib. They then had 2 sons. Cain and Abel. Cain kill Abel. That should have been the end of humanity there and then. There were no other humans.

But Christians overlook this fact, just like they overlook the multiple gods descending from heaven as stated in Genesis.
These multiple gods are obviously extra terrestials who mated with the available women already on earth, well away from that Christian idea of how the human race started in "the garden of Eden".
Simple and easy to follow thinking really, mixing genesis with science to come up with the truth.
Even the thinking of Jesus coming back from the "heavens" is like saying that extra terrestials will descend from these same heavens (universe/sky) again and take the true believers back up (rapture).
All we have to decide is who the real true believers are and I believe that they don't attend Christian churches.
I alway ssay - beware of any religion where the men wear dresses (catholic priests, muslim imams, TV evengelists in long robes, etc etc)..
edit on 22-2-2012 by Sailor Sam because: spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Would one of you mind summing up the theory in the last episode of Battlestar Galatica?
I didn't watch it, and am curious about what they dreamed up.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

The last Humans, and some of the Cylon survivors settled together on another planet. The series doesn't say the new planet had an indigenous species, but you could assume it I suppose from it's lush landscape and water, etc.

Interesting series if you have an interest in a mix of sci-fi and mythology.
edit on 2/22/2012 by Klassified because: punctuation and clarity

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Had to go back and find this in an old thread compliments of Starwise.

We are the Other People

"But none of that applies to us. We have no need for salvation because we don't have original sin. We are the Other People."

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I see, thank you. So the point then, as it relates to your OP, is that perhaps the other "people" here before Adam and Eve, were actually, shall we say, "immigrants". Perhaps Adam and Eve declared them illegal aliens, and deported them back to the location of origin.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Thank you. That is one book that I've been meaning to read but I keep putting it off. Are there any books that tie into the book of Enoch that you can suggest? I like to try and cover all the bases, so to speak.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Maybe those are the inner EA*RTH family members many see in the sky.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1beerplease

life doesn't revolve around us cause other life on other planets also do this.
oh and there was no "beginning" to this 'universe' hence no end.

no i dont have sources i am a schizophrenic. peace

Hahah, that was genius!

That made me laugh out loud !

exclusive video

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join