It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Flash that Caused Booming Sound Spotted in Sky Above the Canadian Prairies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
There was a bright flash over the Canadian prairies that caused a loud boom. The boom was heard in the same area that the rumbling noise has been previously heard (New Battleford, Saskatchewan)

It was an incredible sight for anyone lucky enough to catch a fleeting glimpse Tuesday night of a very bright light that streaked across the sky above Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Witnesses went on Twitter to report a multi-hued flash between Lloydminster and Saskatoon that lasted just seconds.

One observer in Calgary who had a camera pointed skyward caught the flash northeast of the city and posted it on YouTube.

A motorist driving just north of Saskatoon near the community of Martensville described seeing a ball of fire suddenly light up the sky.

Other people reported hearing booming noises in the North Battleford region in western Saskatchewan.

www.ctv.ca...

This has been all over the news this morning and could not find this on ATS during my search. This could be something totally normal, but I wanted to post it anyways so it can be discussed. Mods, please remove if this already has been posted.

I apologize for the short post but I'm on my lunch break and will make sure to update this later today once I get home. Any opinions on what this could be would be appreciated.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
During end times the
Sky will rain fire

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Dam, I would like to find a meteor that big. I could pay off my house with that sucker.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

The Earth is situated in space, which is filled with meteors and other rocks, even Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson , so it is inevitable that we get at least a meteor once a week, so stop fear mongering with the end times because they will never come.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I saw that meteor come down. Only if I had a camera to record it I would've posted it!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
Dam, I would like to find a meteor that big. I could pay off my house with that sucker.

Depending on where it landed you might also be needing a new house.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
the best place to look for the meteorite would be in the area where they heard the boom.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
edit on 22-2-2012 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Cool find. Thanks.

2nd line: S&F&

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Nice..I wonder how much a peice of recovered meteor would fetch on an open market? My folks were driving recently in northern Sask. and said they saw a meteorite crash in the ditch right next to them! I told them they should have stopped to pick up a piece and sell it for big bucks! They were all "Meh" about it though.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Star for mentioning one of my favourite wrestlers

Pretty cool vid OP

new topics

top topics

join