It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, in the faith? : Examine Yourselves According to Scripture!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This thread is written to every self-proclaiming Christian that names the Name of Christ.

The purpose of this thread is to call your attention to this one Bible verse:

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

His Word tell us to do this. We all need to self-analyze ourselves to see whether we are truly in the faith (or not).

It is my hope that every person who names the Name of Christ, who claims to know God, when in reality they do not, comes to the realization that they're NOT truly in the faith at all, that they're still in a lost condition. The Bible tells us we must be born again. (Joh 3:7) Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Many of you could be worshiping a "different Jesus" other than HE who the Gospel refers to.
The Bible tells us that there are many false prophets and anti-christs in this world, and speaks of The Anti-Christ to come. There are many churches with false doctrines imitating Christ and godliness but are far from it (truth) that are leading people to err /away from the Holy Scripture's Truths. This is seriously dangerous and detrimental for whosoever may be following after these doctrines.

There are soO many counterfeits. The devil likes to cause confusion and wishes for others to join him in his soon to be sufferings. The fallen Lucifer could not rid the world of the Church so he just went about perverting the Truth into a lie by infiltrating the churches and making perverted versions of the Bible because he could not get rid of that either! He wishes to and makes a mockery of the Lord Jesus Christ and God Himself! Beware the enemy of God: He (Lucifer) wants many to fall with him.

Take a look at this article "How to Identify Cults and False Religions. We, especially as newborn Christians, need to be extremely careful. Just pay attention and if what someone is preaching or teaching doesn't line up with the Holy Scriptures - forsake that Church or doctrine!

God is not the author of confusion but we all know who is, don't we?

How to Identify Cults & False Religions

Key Mistakes in Cults and False Religions

1. What is their source of Authority?

A key to discovering what is and is not a cult or false religion is by examining their source of authority. Do not let anyone deceive you. Everyone, and that means everyone that is living today with no exceptions, has a source of authority. These sources of authority are either subjective, such as with personal feelings, personal reasoning, or sometimes objective like with other religious documents. Christianity's source of authority is Jesus Christ as revealed in the Bible. ..

Please read the article in full:
www.essentialchristianity.com...#

3. What do they believe about Salvation?

True Christianity differs from every single cult and false religion in that it affirms without any doubt that salvation is by God's grace and his grace alone. Christianity defines grace as umerited, unearned, undeserved, and unachievable grace or favor. Salvation in Christianity is totally, 100%, and without exception always by God saving a helpless sinner from their own estate of sin. In Christianity the sinner contributes nothing to the plan of salvation. Even the belief that God requires of the sinner is granted and given to the sinner.

Again, examine yourselves to see whether you truly have a saving faith. Are you REALLY a TRUE believer? Who are you trusting for your salvation?

This isn't a case for argument. It is for our own good that we EXAMINE ourselves.
I don't think this would be in the Bible without a reason... IMO, there are many who are deceived and think their soul is ok. He does say that ''wide is the gate " Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

May we all be saved!, saved from error! worship Him in spirit and Truth WITH His Holy Spirit!

1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

1Co 10:33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

If you do not believe the Bible, then you cannot call yourself a Christian period... so no need responding here.
This is not to debate or argue any points.....this is just a call to EXAMINE ! that comes from the Good Old Fashioned Holy Bible. The fallen one(s) can deceive you into believing all is ok with your soul.

It is best we examine what we believe and make sure that we have the right foundation on which to stand.

1Co 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think I'm going to respond anyway.

This is rubbish. Do not expect humans to resist the nature your God gave them. You ask a fish to walk on land? Or perhaps to eat meat?

Do not make us bend over backwards for your God. I think he will understand why.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Wasn't the OP directed at so called Christians in Name? If you do not consider yourself a Christian then why do you respond as if it were directed at you? IMO God is not asking anything of you.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

nice troll job...you are a NON Christian with no need to post.

at the same time... you choose your own fate. so mote it be
''wide is the gate" .. I can respect this is what you choose.

So sorry to hear though. Jesus does love you and died for you too.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Wasn't the OP directed at so called Christians in Name? If you do not consider yourself a Christian then why do you respond as if it were directed at you? IMO God is not asking anything of you.

IMO I don't care about your opinion. I'm stating my own opinion. Problem?

I am defending the Christians who try, but aren't all righteous and zealotry about it. They'll go out and have a beer, they cuss occasionally, they aren't above partying now and then, but they have the basic message of the Lord in their hearts. I've met a few, and they aren't like the old-school Catholic types.

All of the spirit, none of the spoilsport.
edit on CWednesdayam353516f16America/Chicago22 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

edit on 2/22/2012 by Klassified because: Nevermind. Micmerci is right.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

nice troll job...you are a NON Christian with no need to post.

at the same time... you choose your own fate. so mote it be
''wide is the gate" .. I can respect this is what you choose.

So sorry to hear though. Jesus does love you and died for you too.

Yeah, yeah, and mortal man parted the seas, ANOTHER mortal man raised a dead body, claimed himself and everyone else to be immortal, then died nailed on a piece of wood a while later.

And let's not forget how he demands that in return for eternal salvation, we must serve his father and master, this interesting God guy who is jealous and malicious and treats you nicely as long as you do EXACTLY what he says.

Put one toe out of line, and you're roasted.

Yep, those are the tales we all know and love...wonderful for sleeping.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by micmerci

IMO I don't care about your opinion. I'm stating my own opinion. Problem?

I am defending the Christians who try, but aren't all righteous and zealotry about it. They'll go out and have a beer, they cuss occasionally, they aren't above partying now and then, but they have the basic message of the Lord in their hearts. I've met a few, and they aren't like the old-school Catholic types.

All of the spirit, none of the spoilsport.
edit on CWednesdayam353516f16America/Chicago22 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

No problem at all. I just don't understand how you can be the defender of a group you do not belong to. Problem?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

No problem at all. I just don't understand how you can be the defender of a group you do not belong to. Problem?

Ain't even mad. Clever, though. I do not have to belong to a group to respect their ability to balance human nature with divine service.

Even though they have their own ideas about who God is, they are both faithful AND human.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Am ignoring and reporting the trolls.
See how the enemies of Christ work?
I sure do. they will attack at any and everything! will jump on it like flies on cow patties!

Are they In the faith? definitely not...

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

edit on 22-2-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So now I'm an enemy of Christ?

this is hilarious. See how blind you are? You won't even read my arguments; you just call me a troll to try to discredit me.

You're funny.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So, the purpose of this thread is to alert all Christians that they probably aren't doing it right, and you're going to let them know it! And in order to avoid criticism, you have made a disclaimer that you don't want to talk to non Christians. Great!

The way I see it, I can't force myself to believe something. That is what you require, forced belief. If Jesus died for my sins, before I was born, it's a done deal. I don't have to do anything, I don't even have to believe, it is done.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thanks op..
It is the most important thing in life and one can only be sure using the word and the word alone ....peace

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Hi wind.
Maybe you misunderstand who this thread is for?
This is a call to the Christian's self examination...as the BIBLE tells us to DO.

Those who KNOW they aren't in the faith already know !..

But some who think they ARE Christian could very well be deceived by false doctrines or false Jesus' &in reality are not in the faith at all.

I have another thread for the LOST

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

Hi wind.
Maybe you misunderstand who this thread is for?
This is a call to the Christian's self examination...as the BIBLE tells us to DO.

Those who KNOW they aren't in the faith already know !..

But some who think they ARE Christian could very well be deceived by false doctrines or false Jesus' &in reality are not in the faith at all.

I have another thread for the LOST

Oh goody! Link please....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

If you do not believe the Bible, then you cannot call yourself a Christian period... so no need responding here.
This is not to debate or argue any points.....this is just a call to EXAMINE ! that comes from the Good Old Fashioned Holy Bible. The fallen one(s) can deceive you into believing all is ok with your soul.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that simply isn't how this works. Any member can post a reply in any topic or forum they choose. Posting here as a non-christian does not make one a troll. Challenging narrow-minded and dogmatic views is not trolling.

In response to the topic of the thread, I have examined myself as a non-christian according to christian scriptures, and found that I often unwittingly follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, even though I do not actively proclaim him my lord and savior. Does this make me a bad person in some way?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass

Sorry to burst your bubble,

my bubble is just fine thanks
but this article IS addressed to Christians.

In response to the topic of the thread, I have examined myself as a non-christian according to christian scriptures, and found that I often unwittingly follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, even though I do not actively proclaim him my lord and savior. Does this make me a bad person in some way?

I think it's great you have unwittingly followed some of the teachings of the Lord Jesus! However, imo, and according to the Word of God, it is more important to have Him in your heart...having trusted him as your personal Lord and Savior and being born again of His Spirit.
But that's moi! You are your own man

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I don't claim to be able to convert any hearts to Christianity... I won't even try for only God can do that and open the eyes of the blind.
But when and if you are ever ready... God will show you the way.
Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
"The Word," the Bible was written by the church, the Catholic Church, and the church is the ultimate deceiver. God has delivered me from Christianity and given me eternal salvation. Thanks

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
"The Word," the Bible was written by the church, the Catholic Church, and the church is the ultimate deceiver. God has delivered me from Christianity and given me eternal salvation. Thanks

When you say "written" do you mean compiled or do you actually believe it was penned by the leadership of the Church? Just curious

top topics

<<   2 >>

join