It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble For Esther in Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Madonna is in Israel on a five day trip called a "spiritual quest". Modonna now known as Esther (her new Hebrew name) Is not Jewish, but has taken an interest in Kabbalah, in recent years. She now wears a red thread on her wrist to ward off the evil eye, and reportedly refuses to perform on the Jewish Sabbath. Today according to the following report says that on Friday "Esther's" bodyguards were detained after a brawl with photographers and police outside of her Tel Aviv hotel...

Haaretz.com Full Article

Police detained two bodyguards of pop superstar Madonna on Friday after a brawl with photographers waiting for the singer outside her Tel Aviv hotel. Two of the photographers and a policeman who tried to break up the fight were injured, said police spokeswoman Liat Pearl.

Two security guards were detained for questioning by the Tel Aviv police department," Pearl said. The pop diva has been in Israel since Wednesday, along with 2,000 other students of Kabbalah, or Jewish mysticism.

Madonna's visit to the country has sparked a media frenzy with the local newspapers devoting pages detailing her luxury hotel suite and even her menu for the Jewish New Year celebrations, but journalists have been kept at a distance during the visit.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

According to the report The brawl broke out Friday evening as the photographers trailed Madonna from a restaurant to her hotel, and as Madonna/Esther entered her limo, the bodyguards pushed a photographer working for the Associated Press, breaking some of his equipment.

Whats up with Esther?...

Well at least she was willing to travel to Israel.

Related Link:

Madonna visits Israel on spiritual quest

[edit on 18-9-2004 by UM_Gazz]

LL1

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm surprised she went after both she and her children being threatened, she's brave.
I guess her quest for the knowledge of the Kabbalah out weighed it.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Im a little confused as to the difference between Kabbalah and the mainstream Jewish faith. Does anyone know what the differences are? And could you explain them to me please?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Kabbalism, Janus, is an ancient sect of Jewish mystiscism/magick. It is based on the tree of life, divided into 10 Sepiroths (anyone remeber final fantasy 7?:cool
Anyway, each of the ten represents some spiritual mystery. There is also possible links to magic, alchemy. the kaballah figured into many grimores of medieval magicians, and most recently, the Golden Dawn. The tarot deck is reported to be based on Kabbalistic truths, and theres actually alot of convincing evidence that the tarot deck indeed was formulated from the Kalbbalah tree of life.

Thats how I understand it anyway. Kabbalists are shunned by mainstream Judism the same way most Christians shunned gnostiscism.

Anyway, Maddona and her knew crackpot way of life. God, celebreties. Youd think with all that money and fame, theyd do something more interesting like get hooked on dope and have wild orgies in their mansions. Now they seek to be mystics. Ahh the good old days.

I definitely liked Madonna/Esther back when she was a trashy, potbellied little Detroit slut blaspheming catholic imagery.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Thankyou Skadi. Sounds like some pretty deep stuff, i cant pretend that i understand it but thankyou for taking the time to explain it to me. Do the Rabbi's look at it as a Cult? And yes the Final Fantasy sieries are very cool.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
I'm surprised she went after both she and her children being threatened, she's brave.

I really don't think brave is the right word for "Esther"...

LL1

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
That fact that she went in spite of the threats received several months ago,
I feel she is brave...

I know if someone had threatened both myself and children, referring the children by their first names, I would not go for the sake of the children.
The threat letters were sent to her agent.
What do you suggest?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I suggest that if herself and her children were directly threatened with bodily harm or death, to go directly to the point of origin of the threat would be properly termed 'stupid'.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
John Kerry should take Flip Flop classes from Madonna

Over the years I've seen her do more musicstyles, lifestyles, religions, haircolors and hairstyles, boobsizes, clothingstyles and public presentation styles then I change shorts in a year!!!

Hope she finds her buzz in this now though.

top topics

join