It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontario man finds GPS Tracker on his truck.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

An Ontario man has found a GPS tracking device in the wheel well of his truck, The police cant help when it comes to finding out who is receiving this data. The video also states that it is an American made device.

Link to youtube video

Being an Ontario resident, this makes me want to go check my car
. There could be multiple reason this was installed, by Ford themselves because he has a lawsuit against them. Private investigators higher by ford?. Or maybe its just his crazy wife finding out where he's been at when hes gone? Either way i would not want to know im being tracked, and to find out the Police cant do anything about it, that would worry me even more. Smells fishy if you ask me.

Anyone else have similar incidents, or have seen this device?

Can someone please embed the video? im tired and not sure how to do it. Thanks in advance.

Wasn't 100% positive where i should put this, so sorry if its in the wrong place.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
People need to start rigging everything they own to explode if touched by someone other than them.

Nobody has any business poking around or laying on a finger on things that arent theirs anyway.

It's a very simple rule to follow. If it isnt yours dont touch it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Anishnaabe

embedd for you....... watching it now.
edit on 22-2-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Doesn anyone know who this guy is?? There might be more to the story than a conspiracy....

ALTHOUGH....I do love me a conspiracy, as do all of us here!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I agree, it would be a dream to think this world will move forward with the people in it today.

If the police cant help, then it might have been the Government, 'KORE Wireless connected the device for an American Company. ' but they dont know who owns the device. What a load of BS?
edit on 22-2-2012 by Anishnaabe because: spelling.

Loved that flamethrower video, imagine having that for a zombie apocalypse type scenario, fried meat all around!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
A skilled tech could tell him where it is transmitting to. Maybe he could get in touch with these guys.
www.boingboing.net...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maponos
A skilled tech could tell him where it is transmitting to. Maybe he could get in touch with these guys.
www.boingboing.net...

Thanks, if i knew him personally i would tell him, but i dont

But if i find one on mine, ill be sure to check these guys out

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
A suspicious spouse maybe? A friend of mine had this same thing happen to her, except her husband was keeping tabs on her. He showed up at my brothers apartment where she was hanging out and admitted he'd been tracking her!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

who knows who installed it, it could even be our very own government

Harpers and his shills have recently been trying to get a bill passed to spy on our internet and phone communications without a warrant stopspying.ca...
edit on 22-2-2012 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ

who knows who installed it, it could even be our very own government

Harpers and his shills have recently been trying to get a bill passed to spy on our internet on phone communications without a warrant stopspying.ca...

Doesnt suprise me at all, Harper is something else, i dont understand why we keep voting for him, our country hasnt made any progress with him being Obamas little finger puppet.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I would never have told anyone.
Take it to the nearest railroad yard and put it on a cargo container going back to china
Or go to the local truck stop and put in on a long haul truck.

Or even put it on a police car and let the owner explain it to the cops.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Yes, a truck stop would be my first option XD, and then the container idea, that would really throw them off course lol.

And yeah me to, i wouldve kept it a secret, that way they dont know, that you know that there watching you all the time.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maponos
www.boingboing.net...

I doubt it. Radio does not work like that. It goes everywhere, not just to a specific location. Maybe a tech could find out who uses the frequency.
Why does this device have to belong to a goverment agency. Maybe his wife hired a private detective to watch him, or just bought the device herself.
edit on 22-2-2012 by earthdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The proper response is to go to a rest stop on a major freeway.

When a car with out of state plates pulls in , slip the transmitter onto it and watch it drive away.

It's just plain fun.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

All the data gets sent to an IP address, and that ip address has an exact location on where the info is being sent to. Dont get me wrong im not an IT guy, but im pretty sure thats how this stuff works. It couldnt just be sent everywhere, otherwise how come i cant receive where this guy went and has been?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
this guy should have parked his truck and placed a camera over it to watch who came back for it. With a motion tracker. then followed the guys who came back for it. filmed the whole thing and then charged them.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The video showed a sim card in the device...

Isn't that about all you need to investigate?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anishnaabe
reply to post by earthdude

All the data gets sent to an IP address, and that ip address has an exact location on where the info is being sent to. Dont get me wrong im not an IT guy, but im pretty sure thats how this stuff works. It couldnt just be sent everywhere, otherwise how come i cant receive where this guy went and has been?

I'm not the expert either, but radio and internet are two different things. Transmitters would not have information about the reciever. They would make them this way.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
UK GPS Jammer Use

An interesting article that I read today. Made me think of it in light of this story.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I am an IT guy, and you are correct on both points. It would be possible to find the frequency that it is transmitting on, intercept packets, then be able to tell where the packets are being sent. Or plug in the card and get the info from there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join