It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich zionist backer : I might give $100 million to Gingrich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yeah guess what pal, go ahead, waste that money. Gingrich is UNELECTABLE.

Adelson tells Forbes: I might give Gingrich $100 million

American Jewish billionaire businessman Sheldon Adelson told Forbes magazine in an interview that his financial backing of Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich is based on more than just Gingrich's staunch support for Israel.

Adelson is a close ally of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and is the owner of the Israeli daily Israel Hayom.

Adelson has reportedly given $11 million to Gingrich's super PAC, Winning Our Future, and is expected to donate $10 million more.

Responding to his critics, Adelson told Forbes, "Those people are either jealous or professional critics. They like to trash other people. It's unfair that I've been treated unfair - but it doesn''t stop me. I might give $10 million or $100 million to Gingrich."

This kind of stuff should be illegal.

More on Adelson :
Gingrich’s Major Backer Arch-Zionist Sheldon Adelson

Adelson is an ardent Zionist. Since 2007 the Adelson Family Foundation has made contributions totaling $100 million to Birthright Israel, which finances Jewish youth trips to Israel, Adelson is such a hard-line Zionist that he even stopped supporting AIPAC when it appeared to support a 2007 peace initiative championed by Olmert, President Bush, and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

In 2009, the Zionist Organization of America (ZOA), which is a hard-line Zionist group that wants Israel to retain the occupied territories and expand the Jewish settlements, presented Adelson its most distinguished and historic award, the Theodor Herzl Gold Medallion for outstanding achievement in Zionism. His wife received the Louis D. Brandeis Award. The couple now have their names on one of ZOA’s major awards, the Dr. Miriam & Sheldon Adelson Defender of Israel Award.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If you don't like the superPACs, this is the time to snarl at your Republican congresscritter.

Democrat Chuck Schumer has tried to get Congress to act on this but Republican defenders, including lawyer James Bopp, have managed to hold the day.

I don't like them, either. I think the Republicans need to quit authorizing these monkeyshines and line up against this kind of activity.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Well it's because of Citizen United.

SCOTUS are a bunch of corporate whores.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's pretty insane that he can seriously impact our political process with all of his money and his singular motivation is Israel, particularly Jerusalem. No domestic concerns, no societal concerns. A foreign country.

I dare say it's suicidal that we allow this sort of undue influence in our political process.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Its a horrible system you have in the US. In the UK if a political party needs to raise funds (tories) they just steal some nuclear weapons and sell them on the black market

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The candidates should just get free air time and other expenses should be capped at a reasonable level to ensure a fair and even playing field.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The government should never have the power or the right to tell me what to do with my money. If I want to gove a billion dollars to the candidate of my choice, so be it. And they should never be able to force me to buy something I don't want to buy either.

And the backer is Jewish in support of Israel. The code hate word of " Zionist", what is that ? What does that mean anyway, or is it to get more people to mistrust Jews and Israel ? I think so.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Looks like a bunch of Zionist elites sitting at the table again,waging money on their favorite puppets (candidates) to see which one of them would win the race to carry on with their satanic wishes for the next term....The business as usual....Mean while,people are busy thinking about the terrorism and nuclear Iran and World War III and asteroids and aliens and Armageddon and monsters and so on,while nobody is paying enough attention to the real problems of the world or their countries.....Hollywood Classico at it's best!..no wonder they are the MASTERS of this world...Most people are so dumb...No offense.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Agreed.

The issue can be argued without that characterization.

To your other point, should the money be given with stipulations? That's straight up bribery.
edit on 22/2/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Hate word? Step into reality please.

Israel is a nationalistic state, that in itself is racist. Israel is like a Jewish only drinking fountain except its worse because its a whole country. I don't support any type of nationalism.

Israel lobbies congress to act in its favor, I don't like that either.

I have 0 problem with Jewish people. You are spreading propaganda about the word Zionism.

edit on 22-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The Young Turks covered this story pretty well.

Some of his (Adelson) quotes are pretty....whacky

example - "Im totally against very wealthy people attempting to or influencing elections. But as long as it's doable, Im going to do it."

Oh im 100% against this!....but im doing it anyway...over and over again

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
So far in the early primary voting there's been a strong correlation between the amount of money a candidate spent on negative ads and their wins. So these superPACs are absolutely wrecking the political process. Candidates can literally BUY their way into the WH.

Still think Citizens United is about "free speech"? Sure - if you can afford it.

Dems Say Romney Outspends Newt 5 -1 In Florida (Romney went on to a crushing victory)

Newt Gingrich South Carolina surge boosted by spending spree

His latest resurrection comes at the same hand that seemingly defeated him in Iowa. There, but for the grace of a super PAC, would have gone Gingrich. [...] But solidifying his debate gains are the millions of dollars spent by a super PAC that has reversed the spending disparity that hit Gingrich so hard in Iowa.

Iowa's million-dollar attack ads

A tide is flowing through American politics: a tide of money unleashed by a supreme court decision that opened the floodgates to unlimited spending on advertising by so-called "super pacs" – political action committees loosely affiliated with individual candidates.

The list goes on and on.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yep.

Every party should have limited public funds and each candidate in the party the same amount of money too.

No political donations, no super pac, equal air time, all equal.

Then it would come down to who people think is the best candidate, not who ran the most successful campaign/had the most money.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The man is clearly insane

"In 2005, Adelson and his wife each contributed $250,000 to the second inauguration of George W. Bush"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sometimes...don't you wonder from where he gets such vast and obscene sums?

From the backs of honest american workers whom only sought to live and love, working for him but paid a pittance, and yet here those whom had supported him with sacrifice and labour, is seeing him throw vast sums freely to influence and peddle HIS own agendas and not society's?

How more being screwed does american workers need to be informed?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Look at the millions upon millions of dollars being funneled into this process with the express purpose to manipulate the system in their favor. Just imagine the good that could be done if these same self-serving aholes were as open with their wallets when it came to organizations that are actually trying to help people and improve society. It makes me sick.

top topics

join