It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Americans Are Ignorant To Other Cultures. AND I'M SICK OFF IT!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Well this thread took a wrong turn. You can't generalize a whole people. There is a lot of dumb everybody in the world.

The OP just turned into one of those people he said he hated in the Qur'an burning thread.
edit on 23-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)
I don't see how mate. I said that "every country has culturally inept people." You know what on the first page i said, most the people in the Quran thread, not including you are culturally ignorant. I am not generalising anything.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
if some dumb member here on ATS make you sick then you should definitely try at yahoo news

open-minded Americans reside at yahoo, they also leave smart comments full of understanding and peace.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
reply to post by daaskapital

How old are you? You come across like a mad teenager. Look bud its kind of hard to respect a culture that has religious leaders that call me an infidel and ask for my death if i don't convert to Islam. I think the question should be do these people deserve to be on the same level as rational thinking people? It would be a stretch to refer to these lunatics as intelligent humans.

somehow I think he was talking about YOU when he started this thread.

I don't know, just an opinion.

(quick question, how many World's Muslims live in the Middle East?)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by deepankarm

Respect + Discipline + Kind heartedness = Asian culture

History + Religion + Etiquette = Muslim culture

A huge difference between the Muslim and Asian cultures and the Western World's aye

edit on 23-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)
I am not goinng to claim that your summation is true. It will be extreme arrogance.
There are good and evil things in every culture as none is perfect.
That's the basic of any culture and the culture which can control the evil forces to minimum is the best.
But i can certainly claim that asian and muslim cultures are moving upwards while once great western culture is going down the drain.
Reason being, people of western culture are busy finding bad things in other's culture while their culture and society is one step away from collapse.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

And it is very unfortunate too.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
so Asians are not Muslim?

that is a surprise to me.

As of 2009, over 1.6 billion or about 23% of the world population are Muslims.[1] Of these, around 62% live in Asia-Pacific,[2]

edit on 23-2-2012 by seiva7 because: adding wiki data yeah

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

No one does their research any more. And the stupidest part is, these people who write these things, really get emotional and worked up over it.

Posting garbage, at least do some home work, you have the time to write an essay full of hate and lies, but can't take two minutes to check your sources?

It's so annoying.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

I really don't think that people who are having a 'RANT' usually do research but I think he made his point without it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Well I knew you would quote me here Im not even American! Who's being ignorant now? And I like how you just cherry picked responses. No one in that post was being ignorant, I have a lot of knowledge about other cultures, but I am not going to just sit and OK people getting hurt because of book burnings in 2012.

We get that cultures differ but we are still allowed opinions on it, stop jumping to conclusions.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

First off it wasn't an essay

Secondly, i was only pointing out the ignorance of the Americans

Thirdly, there is no need to conduct further research, as i am communicating with a bunch of unintellectual retards.

Fourthly, i have a sound understanding of culture as a whole, and i respect all cultures.
edit on 23-2-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown

Well I knew you would quote me here Im not even American! Who's being ignorant now? And I like how you just cherry picked responses. No one in that post was being ignorant, I have a lot of knowledge about other cultures, but I am not going to just sit and OK people getting hurt because of book burnings in 2012.

We get that cultures differ but we are still allowed opinions on it, stop jumping to conclusions.
I knew that you knew

Maybe not entirely ignorant, but they were arrogant to think that they were right, and that the Quran is nothing but paper. I don't care if you are a Pom, but the majority of the posters on the thread were American.

As i stated in the other thread, put yourself in their shoes.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I am "sick and tired" of (American bashing) threads...such as yours.

People have the right to express themselves on ATS as long as they follow the T&C's.

(In some members posts)...maybe they are right...maybe they are wrong...each member has a right to say... what they want to say.

You don't like some of the posts...then ignore them and move on.

not everyone on this planet thinks that america or americans are gods chosen people. infact i think that opinion only exists inside americas own dimension of existance that place where the entire universe revolves around them and america itself is an entire planet with mount olympus on it and zeus is still alive on top and this planet america emits its own light and heat to save us all, like a beacon, yeah, a beacon, of democracy and liberty.
man what happened, shake that off

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

hmm r u a Muslim?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Oh right, we must be all the same to you. Well I still know that you have got me wrong, I know the Quran is more than paper and that's why I treat it with respect in my own home. But I think u missed the point of my post entirely.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Well this thread took a wrong turn. You can't generalize a whole people. There is a lot of dumb everybody in the world.

The OP just turned into one of those people he said he hated in the Qur'an burning thread.
I don't see how mate. I said that "every country has culturally inept people." You know what on the first page i said, most the people in the Quran thread, not including you are culturally ignorant. I am not generalising anything.

oh what a load of balloney.. Das ... you are anti American and a Muslim.. you are part of the under world that is anti democracy... and what a facade... referring to people as 'mate' ...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

oh what a load of balloney.. Das ... you are anti American and a Muslim.. you are part of the under world that is anti democracy... and what a facade... referring to people as 'mate' ...
Mate is a general term in Australia if you didn't know. Oh, that's right Americans are retards when it comes to culture aren't they.

I'm sick of the Anti-American #. And no i am not Muslim, that is just your spastic education kicking in.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown

Oh right, we must be all the same to you. Well I still know that you have got me wrong, I know the Quran is more than paper and that's why I treat it with respect in my own home. But I think u missed the point of my post entirely.

It is good that you treat it with respect. Every Holy book should be treated that way. Obviously the Afghani's are passionate about it. The whole country is rioting about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I wasn't talking about your post, I was adding to what you said... in other words, agreeing.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Do you actually read? I was not talking about HIS post, I was agreeing with him.

Wow... how ironic is this right now?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

I wasn't talking about your post, I was adding to what you said... in other words, agreeing.
Oh

Brain fade

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join