It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Americans Are Ignorant To Other Cultures. AND I'M SICK OFF IT!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by daaskapital

So how cultured are the Islamic people you mention? The same ones angry over a book being burned are the ones threatening a man in another country's life over a cartoon. When they can grow up and be faithful and spiritual while respecting or even ignoring the other cultures around them, they will no longer be considered barbaric.
They have a lot of culture. Stop watching Fox news and research it. The Western World can be considered "Barbaric" couuld it not? People get raped, bashed, murdered, and so much more every day. By your conclusion, isn't that barbaric?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
the post you quoted was written by an idiot. he/she probably doesnt even read books.
probably thinks hitler was doing a good thing by burning all the books he did!
i have many books,and many of them are holy from various faiths. if someone were to burn them,i don't think i would murder them,but i would most certainly deliver a sound thrashing!

peace
read a book!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Australia is no different than America...
Actually they are the same...

Lets see...

England got rid of its trash/criminals... they sent them to...
Australia and America...

Americans annihilated the American Indian populace...
Australians annihilated the Aboriginals

Americans hunted the buffalo to almost extinction...
Australians hunted the Kangaroos to almost extinction...

Australians think their country is the greatest on earth...
Americans think their country is the greatest on earth...

Australia has states... America has states...

Australia makes fun of their neighbor New Zealand
America makes fun of their neighbor Canada

When you boil it down you crazy Dingos are no different from us Gringos

edit on 2/22/12 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Fitch303

If people burn flags people care. Just a piece of cloth.

There are tons of bible belters that would care if the bible were to be burned.

There's a lot of murders over verbal fights in the USA.

There's been riots in the USA over racial relations.

And I think Afghanistanis are more angry that the USA bombs their country and kills their family members and kids. The Quaran burning was probably just the icing on the cake.

link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012
Wow a muslim calling everyone on ATS as an American. Great now we're busted for sure and we need to be beheaded.
edit on 22-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)
I am not Muslim. I just have respect for other cultures.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by Fitch303
And where the heck are you from again, coward who refuses to post your location?

You logic is completely flawed and a$$ backwards. Americans are free as cliche as that sounds. It means people can burn a piece of paper a nobody cares. It means we can say thing without other people having the urge to kill them just because they made a noise with their mouth. You know what is ignorant, wanting to kill people or an entire nation simply because of the burning of paper with ink on it. I mean literally those brainwashed people over the start riots because a book was burned and if you don't see how absurd that is you have some sort of comprehension problems. Burn a Bible, torah and koran and see which group of people riots, burn flags and want to murder others over it.............then you'll see the "ignorance" you speak of.
Try to comprehend the society in which they live. Try to comprehend the way in which they view religion and culture. Most Muslims are very friendly people. Again it is your ignorance which is cluding your mind. Just because they are different than you doesn't make them savages. They take their religion very seriously, and you should be able to see that.

WHERE ARE YOU FROM???????????? So you must defend stoning people to death? killing gays? having young girls marry much older men? killing non believers? Because that's part of their culture as well. See when people call that culture "savage" they are looking at the bigger picture which I'm almost certain YOU fail to comprehend.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

And where the heck are you from again, coward who refuses to post your location?

You logic is completely flawed and a$$ backwards. Americans are free as cliche as that sounds. It means people can burn a piece of paper a nobody cares. It means we can say thing without other people having the urge to kill them just because they made a noise with their mouth. You know what is ignorant, wanting to kill people or an entire nation simply because of the burning of paper with ink on it. I mean literally those brainwashed people over the start riots because a book was burned and if you don't see how absurd that is you have some sort of comprehension problems. Burn a Bible, torah and koran and see which group of people riots, burn flags and want to murder others over it.............then you'll see the "ignorance" you speak of.
Try to comprehend the society in which they live. Try to comprehend the way in which they view religion and culture. Most Muslims are very friendly people. Again it is your ignorance which is cluding your mind. Just because they are different than you doesn't make them savages. They take their religion very seriously, and you should be able to see that.

WHERE ARE YOU FROM???????????? So you must defend stoning people to death? killing gays? having young girls marry much older men? killing non believers? Because that's part of their culture as well. See when people culture that culture "savage" they are looking at the bigger picture which I'm almost certain YOU fail to comprehend.
I am an Australian.The things you outined are the laws which have been intertwined with their religion. America has the death sentence in certain states. Even though it isn't as extreme as the Middle Eastern way, it is still death.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I do agree with you that there are some americans who could use some more cultural experience. I used to be more narrow minded when I was younger. That all changed for me in the military. I spent three months embeded with the Iraqi Army as part pf a foreign military training unit. I lived closely with them and learned alot about their culture. This gave me a greater respect for not only their culture but for all cultures around the world. And you are right. Most muslims are peacefull people. I don't believe it's just americans that have this problem, I think it happens everywhere and in every culture. But what can you expect when the most watched shows on television are crap. (i.e. jersey shore, teen mom, american idol, i could go on for days.).

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I have a right and freedom to hate Islam culture. I am gay and hate Islam as they murder people like me including of different ethnicity. I would even burn a Koran. Unless the Muslim brotherhood shows equality to gay and lesbian rights I will have my respect for the Koran. Until then expect me to hate.
edit on 22-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

WHERE ARE YOU FROM???????????? So you must defend stoning people to death? killing gays? having young girls marry much older men? killing non believers? Because that's part of their culture as well. See when people culture that culture "savage" they are looking at the bigger picture which I'm almost certain YOU fail to comprehend.
I am an Australian.The things you outined are the laws which have been intertwined with their religion. America has the death sentence in certain states. Even though it isn't as extreme as the Middle Eastern way, it is still death.

Again you with you're incredibly flawed logic making ridiculous comparisons. We have capital punishments for capital crimes meaning if you kill another human being in a manner that wasn't negligent there is a possibility for the death sentence. I mean literally you have to kill someone in such a brutal fashion that there is no chance for being rehabilitated and no way you can function in society. You're comparing that to wanting to kill someone for burning a piece of paper with ink on it lol wow dude you have mental problems.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

i hate those damn canadians too!!!
they dont do nothing but sit around being nice,not starting any wars,helping other countries in need instead of occupying them not minding if their closest ally makes fun of them. they barely have a military! too dumb to worry about invasion!
I'M PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN!!!

AND I'M PROUD OF MY RACE --- THE HUMAN RACE!
peace

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I agree, the cultural ignorance can be noticed in every culture, it just seems though that some Americans aren't culturally intellectual, not to mention it seems more prominent with Americans, especially on ATS.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012

I have a right and freedom to hate Islam culture. I am gay and hate Islam as they murder people like me including of different ethnicity. I would even burn a Koran.
Yes you have a right to hate. Good on you for being gay, i don't care. Don't Americans murder people of different ethnicity too> Murdering civilians, dropping nukes on cities. Saying that you would burn a Quran just shows how disrespectful you are.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hmmmmmm....

You are complaining that Americans do not respect other cultures...

Yet you are calling people idiots...

Telling the gay guy you dont care...

And insulting us by calling us stupid...

I think you need a high dosage of 'practice what ya preach'

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
*sigh*

I cannot even begin to figure where to start with what exactly is wrong with this thread to begin with......

So here goes....... PEOPLE ARE ANIMALS......if we were anywhere near as civil as we are supposed to be, we would not need police, armies, laws.....you get the idea right?

This world is full of hypocracy regardless of religion, culture, or otherwise.....Until we learn to live and let live under the basic guise of everyones own freedom asserted by God, Alah, Krishnu, or whatever you choose to call him...it's business as usual.

Sorry other cultures, but your living in the past of ancient superstitions and bogus myth. Yes God does exist....but he does not reward this universal ignorance displayed by others in the place of what they feel religion is supposed to be. Man cannot dictate Gods law and intent...man is flawed....man tries to hold power and control using cultural difference and religion as a weapon to be weilded.

And in my opinion, those that hold so fastly to the very black and white of religion's instruction manual whether its the bible or koran......are the most insecure of all. These are the types who's close minded inturpretaion of said books enables them to utilize this as a crutch so to speak. It's ok to have faith, it's not ok to prosecute anothers culture be it american or what have you based on what a lil book says.

In that respect, yes....people getting bent out of shape over a books destruction is just stupid and they have no idea what real freedom really is for a human being in our attempt to act civil. Still americans are not free either...and it is this misconception from across the water that just adds fuel to the fire. We are all ignorant because thats how they control us....to keep us divided so we can voice our dissent in threads like these.

I can get along with hitler if you put me in a room with him, it doesnt mean i like him, it just means that my minds open enough to give him the same freedoms i would expect from him in return. Doesnt mean he would grant me the same. However, if we all just entertained this one thought even for a second...the world would be better, if just for that second.

Narrow minds create the flock............so sayeth the shepard......

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
Hmmmmmm....

You are complaining that Americans do not respect other cultures...

Yet you are calling people idiots...

Telling the gay guy you dont care...

And insulting us by calling us stupid...

I think you need a high dosage of 'practice what ya preach'

It doesn't matter, our cultures are basicly the same in today's society thanks to American influence. We all have our 'idiots' but the USA tends to have a higher percentade of them.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It doesn't matter, our cultures are basicly the same in today's society thanks to American influence. We all have our 'idiots' but the USA tends to have a higher percentade of them.

Oh Really?

So you actually visited America? You personally did an evaluation?

you got proof for that ratio?

Some figures for this basis?

or are you going by what you "found out" at ATS?

daaskapital I thought you were wiser than that...

edit on 2/22/12 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

Oh Really?

So you actually visited America? You personally did an evaluation?
Or did someone else?

you got proof for that ratio?

Some figures for this basis?

No i havn't
Like i want to anyway.
When you see people cheer for Romney and Gingrich when they state that they will defend Israel and keep Gaza secluded you know, that the American population is dumbed down to the point that they do not know history or culture.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

You have said that this thread you created (is not an American bashing thread)...you have yet to prove that.

I'm just saying.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join