It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negative salaries in Greece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well ain't it nice?

Whatever you say on Greece, would YOU accept to pay to work??

It's Official - Greece Unveils The Negative Salary, And A Whole New Meaning For "Pay To Play"

We thought we had seen it all. It turns out we hadn't. It appears that starting this month, some Greeks will have to pay for the privilege of having a job. From the Press Project:

Salary cutbacks (called "unified payroll") for contract workers at the public sector set to be finalized today. Cuts to be valid retroactively since november 2011. Expected result: Up to 64.000 people will work without salary this month, or even be asked to return money. Amongst them 21.000 teachers, 13.000 municipal employees and 30.000 civil servants.

Even worse than slaves!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Expected result: Up to 64.000 people will work without salary this month, or even be asked to return money. Amongst them 21.000 teachers, 13.000 municipal employees and 30.000 civil servants.

I can't even imagine how that would work.
If someone has to pay to work, how do they legally get the money to pay to work?

Are their belongings going to be stripped away from them until they're homeless and naked?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You'r quote says they will be asked to do this not that they are forced to do so.

If it does become force it's modern slavery, with EU as the "Thrall-masters".

This look's like one of the final step's to total tyranny.
The Union is already controled by a unelected commision, lead by a unelected president that is installing unelected puppets as prime minister in Greece and Italy, next month trying to get control of all the countries economy and at the same time asking the Greeks to do slavelabour.

...now all we need to complete our totalitarian regime is a few sharpshooters and more corrupt police and military.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
And right now, Obama is in the White House saying, "How can we get that over here?"

Seriously?

If we thought the previous riots in Greece were bad, we ain't seen nuthin' yet!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

you'r quote says they will be asked to do this not that they are forced to do so.

The meaning of ``asked`` in this context is ``required or lose your job``.

You know it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Are their belongings going to be stripped away from them until they're homeless and naked?

Until the banksters got it all and then some.

Maybe they'll do like in China... put you in jail if you don't pay your taxes (like in any ``free`` country)... and then once you are in jail, you'll work 12-16hres a day for nothing.

And then... if you are ``lucky`` the government will cut you up and take your organs to sell to foreigners.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hope and promises work better than money in most cases, believe it or not. Just the idea of "possessing" the job will work. (Possessing = keeping).

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yep I know that, its an offer to work for free or get fired....let's see...hmmmm

Do I want to risk loosing my job (that does'nt pay anything currently) and the maybe not get it back if/when Greece turn the ship like Island......Or do I want to work for government for free while they are looting whatever leftovers I might have stored somewhere using some obscure new tax-rule?

That's not a fun choice.

Edit: If the europeans dont see this as a huge warningsign on the new fiscal treaty (to be signed in marts) i dont know what is. Hopefully this will force add some credentials to those poleticians who demand national refferendums on that nasty treaty.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You can only push a man so much until he breaks and then: revolution where all the bankers are given a dirt nap

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This sounds like the work furloughs that have been "forced" on some public workers in the U.S.

Except they want free labor this time without the free time off.

You can be certain that the "experts" will be studying this concept and experiment.

The intellectuals and most educated people create the problems and then always ask the population to pay for the mistakes.

When these plans are proposed, the "experts" that claim the idea will work should put up a "performance bond".

And then THEY can pay off the cost of the "unforeseen" errors

With tax revenues dwindling everywhere, look for this to happen here eventually !!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
After our "budget speech" yesterday i saw some comments that "at least we're not Greece".

But with the budget breaking into trillions of rands for the first time, clearly they're working at it.

And as per comments above, yes, naked and hungry and ready to do whatever they tell you, that is the goal.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm guessing this would be from this, dated Sept. 30, 2011
www.grreporter.info...

The unified payroll table has not yet entered the National Assembly. This is expected to happen next week. In it, the highest salary in the public sector will be € 2,200, and with the highest allowances, the highest salary will reach € 2,700. This means that the best-paid civil servants will lose up to € 1,500 a month from their current income. Civil servants salaries were reduced several times, but have not yet reached a level acceptable to the supervisory Troika.
The lowest salary in the public sector, which is currently € 711, will increase to € 780 to reach the average monthly salary in the private sector. According to the Minister of Finance, with the unified payroll table the income of 14.5 per cent of the civil servants will be drastically reduced, the income of 78 per cent of them will not change, and for 7.5 per cent there will be a small increase. The decrease in the income of the civil servants with the highest salaries will be introduced gradually.

...and then there's this (which I initially thought was a typo)
news.yahoo.com...reply to post by Vitchilo

Prime Minister Lucas Papademos has called a cabinet meeting to discuss the additional cutbacks, which will be included in emergency legislation to be tabled later Tuesday. The draft law will force private sector employees to accept further salary cuts as a result of the minimum €751 ($996) monthly wage being cut by 22 per cent, and further cut pensions.

I find it interesting that, in 5 months time, the upper salary limit for public sector workers went down, the lower limit went up less than half of what they said it would, and now they are by God going to go after the private sector workers, too.

No way in hell a default would have been worse for Greece and the Greeks than this bailout -slash- gang rape. The worst part of it is the Greeks' *ahem* "representatives" helped the rapists wholeheartedly and without even the slightest bit of resistance. The Greeks need to take their country back, and now.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Folks will accuse the Greeks, say they deserve it. Some will sing a song of sorrow for them. In grand display for their fellow men and women the people will play armchair quarterbacks.

Then, it will be their turn.

top topics

join