It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Advanced Technology Thousands Of Years Ago In Peru (Interesting)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by wavemaker

You are assuming that the Incans did those cutting. There is a bigger probability that those cut stones have been there even before the Incans arrived.

That's right, and they are running out of an argument because the more we apply science to the physical evidence, the more unlikely it becomes that normal people did these things.

Actually the opposite occurs the Incan and their predeccesors are the heros and craftman not some unknown culture no one can find a shred of evidence for.

I think the deniers forget just how much stone cutting was done; it went on for centuries, so these high tech guys were around for thousands of years. Again I don't believe anyone answer me on how the Incan built stuff under the Spanish - since the Spanish didn't see any guys wandering around with lasers, how was anything built after the Spanish took over?

So if E.T.'s of some kind came here and helped in cutting the stone, you're saying that because we don't know why or how they would do it your ruling it out? Isn't that the same argument you used against me? I don't think anyone is denying that there were ancient stone masons capable of cutting stone. I can't wrap my mind around how they cut to such a precision, at the same time moving stones weighing tons for hundreds of miles.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

i believe there is a lost human civilization in the history of earth.

Or several. All the structures and "floor plans" that have been found in the depths of the oceans leave very little room for doubt. I'm of the mind that the human race has risen and fallen numerous times.....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
As i said, a moment ago a modern mason would only be able to replicate one of the stones at puma punku in his lifetime and that is with diamond tipped drills, without technology no mason of any age created these objects to such precision that you could cut yourself on the grooves. The mind boggles, truly.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
OK I admit I only read half of this thread, so excuse me if I might ask exactly where has the dating of these rocks been linked. Its my understanding the South American ancient civilizations artifacts are at most 2,000 years old.

I seriously got a headache reading about 6 pages of this thread. Apologies.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
wildtimes, your signature hits the nail on the head.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well, perhaps I shouldn't put my hand in the middle of this dogfight, but I'm about 99.5% sure (or maybe 99.4%) that I know how the ancient Egyptians harnessed and used electricity, based off of basic Egyptian symbology/reliefs (Djed and wasari to make the, ummm, "ankh"). I won't go into it because I'm slowly building a functional replica, and if/when I'm done I don't know if I'll try to patent it (if I can) so I'll hold off for now.

But, basically, with a working knowledge of electricity just about anything is possible, even at those scales. And if this knowledge proliferated across the world throughout the ages by various means, it stands to reason that other cultures would have been able to accomplish some pretty amazing feats much easier than a huge labor force. Again, that's assuming some ancient cultures knew how to harness electricity to do meaningful work.

I have a question for those stone masons/crane operators/engineers/desk jocky archaeologists out there. Considering some of the tonnage supposedly being moved at once, what kind of strength support would a crane(s) need to be in order to move that without the cranes buckling up, snapping in half, or falling over? Would it stand to reason that they'd have several cranes lined up from the quarry site to where it was to be placed? If so, would there be evidence in the area of platforms for those cranes? Would they need to dig significantly deep into the ground for support as well?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Using archeoastronomy which to be fair isnt my strongpoint, far older dates have been deduced, it is difficult to explain but obviously the stars in the sky move over the years which is called procession of the zodiac, it takes 72 years for the to rotate by 1 degree. By identifying which star(s) the buildings were aligned with we can find out exactly when they were built. I hope that makes sense.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

I too have seen those reliefs, moreover the baghdad battery proves that ancient civilisations had a knowledge of and were using electricity, i doubt that ssuch knowledge would only be applied to lighting.
Going back to Baalbeck to lift some of the blocks there according to a docu i saw would take 20 of those huge cranes.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

Truly underestimate technology today. We don't use rocks because we have advanced material technology. Your computer wouldn't work if it was made out of rock. Explain how we managed to make the Keck observatory reflecting mirror, or the Gravity Probe B sphere?

Could they do that? BTW, glass would not deteriorate for a million years, we find no glass there.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Computers out of rock exist and they do work and have done for millenia, stonehenge anyone?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

I'd prefer a link so I can read it myself, I searched over 6 pages of this thread with zero verifications of dates.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
With regards to what? i dont have the info readily available but, check out Zechariah Sitchins claims on the dates for the structures using archaeoastronomy you should be able to find it, I think it was in the book "when time began" but i have read ten of his books so i may be wrong, hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon77....Has anyone ever seen a professional stone mason working? With no more than hammers, chisels and a few hours sweat they can make amazing things....

Yeah, but it's those 90 degree inside corners and miters (recessed rectangles cut in granite with perfect right angles and no tool marks) in Peru that have everyone stumped. Even modern stone masons can't do it without diamond or carbide cutting tools. One stone mason actually spent a year trying to duplicate the Peru stonework with stone age tools and gave up. He said it couldn't be done.

And for the record, that unfinished stone block in Lebanon weights more than any 20 of our largest construction vehicles could haul or lift. And you think they did it by tossing some logs underneath that block of granite??? Over desert sands??

The precision of their craftsmanship is better than what modern machine shops have, and they supposedly did it with a stone chisel???

Not possible.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

lots of info, great!, they deserve their own thread with what you believe i the link between them...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by averageGuy505

Basically what i said but better explained. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by Bex33

Truly underestimate technology today. We don't use rocks because we have advanced material technology. Your computer wouldn't work if it was made out of rock. Explain how we managed to make the Keck observatory reflecting mirror...

Hmmm. Not comparing the Keck observatory to stonehenge but this struck me as interesting in a thread, long ago. But then again, it's much later than our stonehenge builders!
It does make me wonder about what we knew in the past and how we knew it.
www.scribd.com...

And on a side note there's Dr. Thomas Brophy's data about possible ancient nubian knowledge of the stars via "The Origin Map". Archaeoastrology.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Hey man,

I've checked those theories myself, and actually believed them until I saw this:

garry-nelson.hubpages.com...

well I don't know how to embed the picture, but basically the one where the big guy is standing in front of the big rocks, there's no way those rock can be moved.

If that didn't convince you try this:

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

Okay a 300 ton obelisk could be carved in stone with enough manpower, but certainly never me moved not even a cm, no matter how unlimited the time they had was.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Marco0Aurelio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

The answer is craftsmanship, skill and heck of a lot of time, just what the Inca and their predecessors used.

If you are interested you can look at the work of Jean-Pierre Protzen who describes the techniques in his book, Inca architecture

That's pretty funny but there is no way, that anyone on earth, can show how the Inca, or any primitive culture, could do this type of stone work.
Water Proof Joints

There is plenty of evidence of a prehistory, advanced culture that was wiped out, by some catastrophe, and as mankind recovered, he claimed that previous heritage as his own.

These prefab building blocks are another example of a highly organized merchandizing, manufacturing culture.
Puma Punka

There are obvious ties between Egypt and South and Central America that go way back beyond written history.
The same style of building blocks, in Peru, at Ollantaytambo and here are in Egypt, at the Osireion

Anyone who cannot see that the building construction techniques are the same would have to be blind.

If you want more proof of a lost civilization then look at Marakwasi, where that ancient people perhaps 2 million years ago, carved the rocks on their landscape, with faces on them. And none of them look in any way like indigenous South American ethnicities.

And in one youtube video, someone enters the tunnels that are under Cuzco, and you can see the same Marakwasi faces, in those tunnels. Which goes from Sacsayhuaman then under Cuzco 100 meters under the city, to Korikancha, where the photo was taken at the top of this post.

And if that is not enough for you, then look at what Flinders Petrie discovered in Egypt over 100 years ago.
Here are some examples of stone work that was done by an advanced pre culture.
www.theglobaleducationproject.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Although I don't think either of these links explain the incredibly accurate cuts, they do explain a lot that has otherwise been attributed to aliens.

www.dumbassguide.info...

www.lauralee.com.../stonecut.htm

I don't know how reliable either of those websites are, but everything they said makes total sense to me. And if it doesn't make sense to some of you, try exploring some other options before jumping to aliens. It's incredibly irresponsible perpetuating that type of thinking.

The author of the article in the first link goes on to say:
"As usual, Tsoukalos thinks that it's perfectly acceptable to interpret stories by accepting only the parts that agree with what he wants to say, and dismissing everything else as unimportant. I've already talked about why it's important to take stories in their own context. You shouldn't read details into the story that aren't there, but it's also important not to just dismiss details because they don't work with your argument."

Which is totally true. Hell, for all I know it was aliens or leprechauns, but in comparison to other theories that seems extremely unlikely.

This ridiculous type of thinking happens in all topics though, especially on ATS. There are some very compelling arguments people make, but a lot of the time I just see "Nope, it was the government" or "Oh my God, Bubbles! It is a Samsquamch!"

edit on 22-2-2012 by StopFearMongering because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

There you go

Now I'm not saying it was made from aliens, I am saying that there's conclusive evidence that history as it is taught is wrong and so is most likely, many fields of knowledge.

(btw there are many records of antropomorphic "gods", are they aliens? are they men that evolved before?

We don't yet know

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join