It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Advanced Technology Thousands Of Years Ago In Peru (Interesting)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
When Worlds Collide

Without speaking to anyone in particular, I'm a bit worried we may be drifting more toward judging each other than the topic itself.

We all have our own opinions, informed by various sources and experiences, and they are definitely going to differ. Bringing those opinions together to share and challenge them without fear of ridicule or derision is the magic behind ATS.

So even when we disagree, let's please try to focus on the substance of those disagreements in a scholarly manner and with respect for the fact that we all have the good taste to discuss them here.

To the extent we do, everyone wins.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Certainly no hoax im afraid, we are not dealing with sandstone, there is no reason the stone would round off as you put it. Google the stone of the pregnant woman and the trilithon, both found at Baalbeck in Lebanon, prepare to explain that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The truth is, there can be no truth in this. All you will ever have is speculation that sits in the back of your mind and mocks your attempts to explain and understand what you see. I see this is a diversion from everyday life, something to tease the imagination and force you to waste hundreds of man hours researching what no one can ever know save the people who lived back then in that community.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
But we do know, the only man hours wasted are the ones attempting to explain what we know to those who havent even begun to consider the possibility let alone know anything about the specific pieces of information in order to put the pieces together and see the whole. As i said before i could easily think of 100 pieces of evidence to support what is being talked about, each on their own are odd but when you are able to link them up with other pieces across the globe and find impossible similarities in cultures that could never have met for example, only then will you begin to accept.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

not to mention that these megalithic structures around the world all point to a time around 12 to 13,000 years ago. not 3,000 years ago like the bible would like you to believe.

The hell are you on about here? Most of the ancient structures people talk about when they want to conjure up imaginary advanced civilizations in the past (or ancient aliens) are only a few thousand years old. Also many of the pseudoscientific people who peddle this crap like to pretend that pyramids appeared all over the world at the same time. This is a common fallacy. One tactic is to compare the size, shape, etc of the Pyramids at Giza to the pyramids at Teotihuacan even though the Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan was constructed in the Common Era and the pyramids at Giza were built more than 2000 years BCE.

We're dealing with distinct civilizations building stone structures separated by thousands of miles and thousands of years. They were not all built at the same time nor do they all serve the same function or "point" to the same dates (whatever that means).

The only advanced civilizations evident in the past are those that built these structures, and no evidence has ever been found that they had help from aliens, magic, or imaginary Atlantean technology. Human ingenuity and brute force are all it takes to get structures like these.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Those who are not willing to look further say "there is no way to know" "we will never know" etc so anybody who offers any kind of explaination is instantly discounted without consideration because "we dont know" nobody can possibly be right, i refute this and this mentality is the reason for devolution and the current state of planet earth. Imagine whether you believe this or not what the world would be like if everybody accepted what seems more and more to be the case.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I am a frequent traveler to Peru in my capacity as a tour manager there. I've been visiting Peru since the 1990's. I've flown over the Nazca lines, visited countless archaeological sites, hiked the trail to Machu Picchu, and have watched the condors fly up from the bottom of canyons.

I can tell you that yes, without hesitation, the things I have seen there are beyond comprehension. I travel the world with archaeology tour companies and have been to Greece and Rome and Morocco etc. studying archaeology. Peru is just beyond belief.

You have to be standing there in front of a perfectly cut stone that is three times the size of you in length and height and its weight absolutely massive--to fully comprehend it all. Even the locals believe that the sites around Cuzco and the rest of Peru were built by other-worldly visitors.

I have seen and heard things there that go beyond ordinary comprehension.

If you want to understand our past.... if you want to delve into serious mystery---I highly recommend a trip to Peru. It is outside the membrane of ordinary travel.

And it's extremely affordable.

A trip of a lifetime.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

All of the structures we are talking about here have been proven by archoastronomy to be far far older than mainstream archaeologist will have you believe, this deals with precession of the zodiac, you would have to understand how that works in order to be convinced of their true age, but yes 10-15000b.c is not out of the realms of possibility.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Humans have been on this planet for around 140,000 years. I guess we were all a bunch of stupid cave-dwellers for our first 135,000 years. That's enough time potential for about 20 advanced civilizations... if we weren't all a bunch of stupid cave-dwellers.
SCM

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Wow, you have no idea how jealous i am..... I would love to visit all of those sites and see these things for myself, unfortunately all i have is books that im sure in no way do them justice. Even after all of my contemplation and study i find it difficult to even believe that these sites exist at all, yet there they are.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthernComfort

The stupid cave dwellers werent quite as stupid as you might think.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I find this so fascinating. I hope they aliens come back soon and I don't really care if they come for good or ill will...maybe they will keep around the informed or "enlightened ones" (they will be able to read our minds)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The first time I went to Peru I was a single mother--with no money and a yearning to go. From that first trip, I have built a lifetime of travel there.

Save your money. Get there. Do it. If it interests you, you need to go. It has to be a yearning inside...and if so,, you will find your way.

It is absolutely the most fascinating place I have ever been to.

You can do it cheaply. Seriously. Food and lodging there is nothing. You airfare will be your biggest expense.

PM me if you want more info.

Happy to help everyone who wants to get there---to get there!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

Agreed. My post was laced with failed sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Yes i absolutely ache to get there without a shadow of doubt. My uncle went a couple of years ago with his wife and enjoyed it im sure but did not appreciate it the way i would.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by B2X2L

Many of the Mesoamerican cultures see this year as a return of the "sky people" indeed when Cortez landed on the shore king Moctezuma presented him with a golden calender and honoured him and his men as returning gods.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by Bex33
fingerprints of the gods by Graham Hancock, essential reading for anybody who needs convincing.

I've read that (I own a copy, bought from the local library for 50 cents. Thought why the hell not!) and wasn't convinced.

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

That's right, and they are running out of an argument because the more we apply science to the physical evidence, the more unlikely it becomes that normal people did these things.

Then it's not very good science that you're applying.
Physical evidence like saw marks?
It would pay to read the articles Hanslune posted.

Sure we could cut the stone, just not to the precision we're seeing it at. Plus the fact that in some areas massive blocks of stone were some how transported hundreds of miles.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I saw a documentary involving the huge H shaped stones at Puma Punku i believe, a master sonemason was asked if he could replicate the work done on one of the stones, bearing in mind he was using diamond tipped drills and such..... he said he could replicate ONE of the stones but wouldnt waste his life doing it! And people do not think these civilisations had advanced technology?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
ancient alien theory is the mainstream of ats, do not be a part of the 99% lol

no but this is fascinating, although I am not entirely doubting that aliens may have mingled with some ancients, they are not entirely the force of civilization

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Unless they were responsible for civilisation on earth as is described in the Sumerian texts.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join