It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Advanced Technology Thousands Of Years Ago In Peru (Interesting)

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

As a part Indian I can say, yes you are talking like a racist

Native American cultures were different amongst themselves

The Bosnian pyramids are imaginary, the hills there are natural but they do have archaeological ruins associated with them

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Mrs Blonde

Well after a number of post that are based on personal incredulity

Let me point out

The Native Americans of SA were just as capable of working stone as the AE, Greeks etc, if you want to not believe they were smart enough to do so, that is just fine.

However can you point to evidence of the people who did it? Who worked stone for a 1,000 plus years, but left no trace of their higher technology nor of themselves? There is plenty of evidence for the locals, zero for these mysterious strangers.

Ed at coral castle used modern technology so he isn't much help

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It is interesting to see how mainstream archeology create theories that keep far away from any thing to do with visitors from outer space. On the other hand, what solid, undeniable and indisputable evidence is there to open up that box with worms?

What I just wrote can be turned 180 degrees and argue the same with the "forbidden" archeology theorists. I think it will be a matter of time before irrefutable proof will surface and will it explain the "weird" evidence at sites like the one of the OP and archeologic sites like the one in Baalbek, Libanon for instance.

edit on 3/3/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
It is interesting to see how mainstream archeology create theories that keep far away from any thing to do with visitors from outer space. On the other hand, what solid, undeniable and indisputable evidence is there to open up that box with worms?

What I just wrote can be turned 180 degrees and argue the same with the "forbidden" archeology theorists. I think it will be a matter of time before irrefutable proof will surface and will it explain the "weird" evidence at sites like the one of the OP and archeologic sites like the one in Baalbek, Libanon for instance.

Because the evidence don't point up it points down, towards the people there.

There is a thread

Baalbek

of course we were looking at whether the stones in question were Phoenician or Roman, the DAI report came down in favour of those pesky Romans

At the present time there is no evidence of aliens or previous advanced human cultures. There is however a great deal of frothy belief in such.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by MrsBlonde

Good photos, AE are far better studied than any other group, they also left substantially more images and writing and had a culture that last 4,000+ years than say the Inca who weren't literate and who were around 300 years.

As noted above in my links the heads have been studied, physical anthropologies have examined them an pronounced them human, whether any DNA testing on the skulls has been done I don't know, however there has been DNA testing of locals, they are not surprizing, human

I don't know why you're telling me they're human ? when did I ever say they aren't? Yes DNA testing has been done and is still being done it's in Briens new book, he has thrown out the hint that they test as hybrids but I haven't read the book and I'm not sure I would even understand the results as I am no geneticist. Whatever all that means is going to take awhile to process
they are a whole different question from who built things like the Coriconcho or the jaguar teeth wall etc.

but I will say they aren't getting enough study we do lengthy cat scans on Otizi the iceman and the remains of Pharaohs why not these people? I have asked Brien where the rest of the bodies are and why do we only have skulls ? He says they're working on it. In all fairness to them they are up against financial limitations . I have a slew of questions about all these things like what relationship do they have to the current population blah blah
they are found wrapped in textiles which should be treated like gold because intact textiles are a rare archeological commodity.
which is a different topic than who built the the megalithic sites

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
Regarding the barnacles at the Osireion in Abydos, it seems to me that it even confused people 2500 BC since they buried some boats there.

www.ancientmysteries.eu...

So you can probably assume that they were not just plain stupid, but realized that there was something strange about finding barnacles at the Osireion, and seeing that at one time it was covered with sea water, they figured they better hedge their bets and have a few boats close by, just in case.

But that is nothing at all even remotely close in terms of paranoia, regarding flooding as has been seen in Peru.

When they built in Peru, for instance at Coricancha, they built with water tight joints.

But how paranoid of flooding do you have to be, to build Machu Pichu?

Sure the Inca found it and added some small stones much later, but when it was first built, it was built with megalithic stones.

www.riantours.com...

But you know if you go far enough back, and asked the people, they would probably say flooding? We WISH we had flooding, what we got was fire hot enough to melt stone.
Lots of places where the stone has been glazed by heat, and even in places like Scotland.
And you think well Scotland like a Scottish castle but no, that same global Antediluvian culture, were in Bosnia, and places like Scotland as well.
But most of it in the northern hemisphere was just totally wiped clean by glaciation.
Right down to bedrock. And all that was left was moraines, and well to suggest that same culture that built with megalithic stones, piled up pyramids made of rubble as some have suggested in Bosnia, is probably not true.

But have a look at Scotland to see what might be, something also from the Antediluvian culture...
Tap-o-noth
Not large stones, but melted on one wall.
And really scattered. Like if you wanted to do that, I am not exactly sure how you would scatter those stones like that. In fact, where do you get so many small stones like that from? The sheep fields I guess.
The ancient sheep fields of bonny neolithic Scotland.
Just because they can't find anything older than 2,000 years there does not mean it is only 2,000 years old.

Just like when they find a stone knife with an inscription on it, near a pyramid and say oh, that must be the pharaoh that made that pyramid.

I think West is not off his nut when he looks at the Sphinx and says it might be 40,000 years old.
40,000 years is nothing. Peru goes back 2 million years. The problem is there is a HUGE gap when that civilization disappeared, was destroyed by global cataclysm, and civilization regained a footing, beginning 40,000 years ago.
And then, it wasn't until 11,000 years ago or so that we find it thriving in the middle east.
Do people tell the truth today? No they do not. So just because years ago, someone wrote down that someone made some great thing, does not mean they actually were telling the truth.
Neither does it mean they actually really knew who made it in the first place.
Stone Henge looks megalithic. Is there really an account of when it was made or is this date more speculation, based on wishful thinking attributing it to the Druids?
Its a shame you can't date rock, and a greater shame that concrete that is over a million years old is indistinguishable from rock, otherwise there would be less controversy and less mystery regarding these things.
But also, it is often difficult to tell where their concrete started and where the rock begins, in some of these huge constructions. It seems to be part of the rock now.

Didn't Abydos used to be on the Nile? Fairly sure but not positive it was - if so, there will be other boat remains waiting to be found.

Don't forget rivers change their course over time and sometimes in a fairly rapid period of time. Many old towns in Mesopotamia, for example, would be baffling by today's standards (built in the middle of desert) but with a little digging it is easy to see they were once actually (and sensibly) built by waterways, which have since migrated or simply dried up.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I just saw a show late last night on the Green Channel (they have a lot of Egypt things on
) Bear with me..

Basically, they are able to demostrate now that the "Old Egypt", a.k.a the Pyramid builders actually were hit with a "Generation long drought" that wiped out entire regions and Dynasties (form all over the areas).

The evidence is based on Soil Core Samples that indicate around 2200 B.C. is when the "Climate Event" occurred and caused all the problems.

It was actually very interesting. The Earth holds many of our Pasts History.....

Why Egypt Fell

Archaeologists attempt to determine causes of the fall of ancient Egypt 4000 years ago, and how such a powerful empire could collapse so completely.

It's on again on Mar 18th, if you're interested.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

There is no telling what was in all of those books the Romans burned as they marched across the World of those times...

Either way it's only a matter of time before things (sciences/knowledge) are rediscovered...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

That is actually a bit of a misnomer - the Romans did not deliberately destroy records. The destruction of the Library in Alexandria, for example, was an accidental off shoot from the burning of boats in the harbour at Alexandria (preventing reinforcements). The fire got out of hand and the library burnt as a result.

Another vast library, full of (allegedly) very important scrolls, was the Villa of the Papyrii at Herculaneum. Obviously, that went with Vesuvius rather than willful destruction.

In actual fact, the Romans were known to be avid collectors of information, whether it be natural of geographical or even simply rumour.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I do not have that channel but thanks for the info. Records show similar has happened to various civilizations over the years. For all our bluff and bluster, it just shows how we are actually clinging on to our rock for dear life! Slight variations can have catastrophic consequences. I would add though that we have never had the sort of power we have these days so i am not so worried for civilization should similar occur now.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The more i look into it, the more i am convinced that Abydos used to be situated on the Nile (or at least a tributary). And if anyone doubts that rivers can suddenly change their course, i suggest they look into the Yangtze River in China - that has changed course at least a few dozen times and sometimes the mouth has moved by hundreds of kilometres, all in the last 2000 years. It is therefore totally conceivable that the worlds' longest river has also changed course several times in a longer time frame.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Library in Alexandria, for example,

Another vast library, full of (allegedly) very important scrolls, was the Villa of the Papyrii at Herculaneum. Obviously, that went with Vesuvius rather than willful destruction.

People had access for generations to the books in Alexandria a great deal of research was done on the materials there before they were lost.

Yes the Villa of Papyrii much of that material has been saved and imaged using technology
edit on 5/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I thought most of the stuff found there had not been opened to public access? (may be very wrong on that though).

Point being though that the Romans prized knowledge rather than destroying it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
The more i look into it, the more i am convinced that Abydos used to be situated on the Nile (or at least a tributary). And if anyone doubts that rivers can suddenly change their course, i suggest they look into the Yangtze River in China - that has changed course at least a few dozen times and sometimes the mouth has moved by hundreds of kilometres, all in the last 2000 years. It is therefore totally conceivable that the worlds' longest river has also changed course several times in a longer time frame.

er, its still on the west bank of the Nile. The Nile has an interesting history but has been in its reiver valley for quite some time

The present Nile is at least the fifth river that has flowed north from the Ethiopian Highlands. Satellite imagery was used to identify dry watercourses in the desert to the west of the Nile. An Eonile canyon, now filled by surface drift, represents an ancestral Nile called the Eonile that flowed during the later Miocene (23–5.3 million years before present). The Eonile transported clastic sediments to the Mediterranean; several natural gas fields have been discovered within these sediments.

the drainage from Ethiopia via rivers equivalent to the Blue Nile and the Atbara and Takazze flowed to the Mediterranean via the Egyptian Nile since well back into Tertiary times

A summary of the geological history can be found here

Oh Nile where have you been?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Brilliant extra info thanks Hanslune.

This was one of those situations where i knew the answer but the belief of certain other members basically meant i couldn't see the wood for the trees (i love that saying!).

I even looked at a satellite picture of Abydos on the Nile but the brain didn't process it. D'oh!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I don't know why you're telling me they're human ? when did I ever say they aren't? Yes DNA testing has been done and is still being done it's in Briens new book, he has thrown out the hint that they test as hybrids but I haven't read the book and I'm not sure I would even understand the results as I am no geneticist. Whatever all that means is going to take awhile to process

Could you link to the results please

they are a whole different question from who built things like the Coriconcho or the jaguar teeth wall etc.

Yes, is there evidence that there was a different culture there?

but I will say they aren't getting enough study we do lengthy cat scans on Otizi the iceman and the remains of Pharaohs why not these people? I have asked Brien where the rest of the bodies are and why do we only have skulls ? He says they're working on it. In all fairness to them they are up against financial limitations. I have a slew of questions about all these things like what relationship do they have to the current population blah blah they are found wrapped in textiles which should be treated like gold because intact textiles are a rare archeological commodity.

Lack of funds, Oetzi is the oldest well perserved human we have while the Andean's are much later; they have been studied since the 16th century and more directly starting in the late 19th with a surge of physical anthropolgocal interest starting in the 1940's (who found them to be humans, needlessly to say). I'm not up to date on the status of any mass DNA testing

I do hope Foerster isn't going to try the Pye thing

edit on 5/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This skull (kinda old news), also found in Peru. Huge skull and tiny body. Which also is being tested on DNA:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

And 'funny' thing, like that baby/kid & with her mother (both red hair) found by this Brien guy, also got full grown teeth as the skull above, both kid/baby but full grown teeth.
red haired baby skull

so I'm going to call the 'Atlantians ,the Virracochas, they were race of people that used to live in this area in remote antiquity and they came from the 'sea ' and built this with as yet unknown methods.

edit on Fri Mar 2 2012 by Jbird because: removed quote of preceding post

Never heard about the Viracochas, but after some googling, it's pretty awsome I think that they say they where white people with red hair.

And as you know, those strange skulls in Peru (for example in the above youtube video), they got mostly red hair.
Which is of course very odd, since people in Peru basicly only got black hair.
And since they got red hair (strange skulls found in Peru), the change they had a white skin, is pretty big I imagine.

www.haktanir.org...

There are many enigmatic relics belonging to the famous Europide population (part of Cro-Magnon, sometimes having the Brünn's or Predmost's features) that existed in South America (Eastern region), almost reaching the Western Australian shore, and covering the Polinesian islands and the lands that sank 10 -12,000 years ago. We're talking about the population which was called by the Aymaras Indians "Viracochas" ("the white man with red beard") and who called themselves, "The Sons of the Sun".

Viracochas' knowledge was superior to the Inka or Maya. To the "sons of the sun" was attributed the construction of the fortresses of Tiahuanaco, Sacsayhuaman and Cerra Gallan. When the Spanish came to conquer South America, the Indians thought the Spaniards were the grandchildren of Viracochas. They were claiming that Viracochas came from the ocean and they were ruled by someone called Quetzalcoatl (by the Aztecs), Kukulkan (by the Mayas), Amalivaka (by the Tamanacs), Manco-Capac (by the Inkas), Viracocha (by the Aymaras). But all of them described him similarly: a tall white man, blue eyed, with long blond-reddish hair and beard.

That last sentence, speaking about tall men, those strange skulls also got a much bigger spinal cord,(hole below the skull), which basicly means/tells, that they where tall people.
In 1 of Brien's youtube video's he shows the hole is bigger then with normal skulls.
So we got red hair (with very high change a white skin), red hair = white skin basicly, and very tall (large spinal cord,).
edit on 5-3-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

Viracocha was a god not a race

Stories about the Incan mistaking the Spaniards for gods show up in Spanish sources and not native ones, or their myths

Iron pigment (ochre) will turn black hair orangy red over time. Such mistures were placed on those in the grave

SA also has albinos, some with light brown, blonde or red hair; like many other cultures albino are often assumed to be have great powers

From that you have the new age recreation of the Viracocha as white skinned, red haired high technology people who built everything......often from the made up continent of Lemuria or elsewhere

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

A god in their eyes. I mean, if white men visite a tribe in south america, who never seen white men or anything of our world. We would be gods in their eyes surely, with things we use, which seems like advanced weapons/unknown/never seen before things.. You can find youtube video's about this, they are in shock and scared as hell. Scared as hell even to touch white men, how can it be? white men??

No legends of so you say, you sure?

You could be right, but also a good change they really got red hair. It's possible to talk everything as not true, but you don't know, so also keep the option open that they do have red hair.
Skulls are found in sand, only sand, corn also found (yellow), no iron color, or sea shells, just the color they have.
C'mon, it's not even really really dark red, it's more red then dark (red) iron and surely even more red, long ago IMO. Even so, if they really got red hair, it shouldn't be hard to find out? Yea, but no serious science work even being done there..

Science is also; be open for everything. Or else how do you find new things if you lock things down, beforehand?

Just look at how hard science is in Egypt, big ego's, everyone knows better.. even just dna testing is hard, it's almost a battefield, where everyone wants their own price/victory where the truth maybe be of a lesser importance.

I don't say what I say is true, but you also don't know what's true, so keep things open. Or else where is even the discussion?

edit on Mon Mar 5 2012 by Jbird because: removed quote

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Found some book about this legend (red haired bearded messenger from god):
peru legend

Or for example:
en.wikipedia.org...

Heyerdahl claimed that in Incan legend there was a sun-god named Con-Tici Viracocha who was the supreme head of the mythical fair-skinned people in Peru. The original name for Viracocha was Kon-Tiki or Illa-Tiki, which means Sun-Tiki or Fire-Tiki. Kon-Tiki was high priest and sun-king of these legendary "white men" who left enormous ruins on the shores of Lake Titicaca. The legend continues with the mysterious bearded white men being attacked by a chief named Cari who came from the Coquimbo Valley. They had a battle on an island in Lake Titicaca, and the fair race was massacred. However, Kon-Tiki and his closest companions managed to escape and later arrived on the Pacific coast. The legend ends with Kon-Tiki and his companions disappearing westward out to sea.

When the Spaniards came to Peru, Heyerdahl asserted, the Incas told them that the colossal monuments that stood deserted about the landscape were erected by a race of white gods who had lived there before the Incas themselves became rulers. The Incas described these "white gods" as wise, peaceful instructors who had originally come from the north in the "morning of time" and taught the Incas' primitive forefathers architecture as well as manners and customs. They were unlike other Native Americans in that they had "white skins and long beards" and were taller than the Incas. The Incas said that the "white gods" had then left as suddenly as they had come and fled westward across the Pacific. After they had left, the Incas themselves took over power in the country.

Heyerdahl said that when the Europeans first came to the Pacific islands, they were astonished that they found some of the natives to have relatively light skins and beards. There were whole families that had pale skin, hair varying in color from reddish to blonde. In contrast, most of the Polynesians had golden-brown skin, raven-black hair, and rather flat noses. Heyerdahl claimed that when Jakob Roggeveen first discovered Easter Island in 1722, he supposedly noticed that many of the natives were white-skinned. Heyerdahl claimed that these people could count their ancestors who were "white-skinned" right back to the time of Tiki and Hotu Matua, when they first came sailing across the sea "from a mountainous land in the east which was scorched by the sun." The ethnographic evidence for these claims is outlined in Heyerdahl's book Aku Aku: The Secret of Easter Island.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join