It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Advanced Technology Thousands Of Years Ago In Peru (Interesting)

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Current understanding of this complex is limited due to its age, the lack of a written record, the current deteriorated state of the structures due to treasure hunting, looting, stone mining for building stone and railroad ballast, and natural weathering

what a nice understanding of culture conservation..

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Okay. For everyone of you that particapted in this thread and are serious about getting to the bottom of the cut in the rock and other related things.... in Peru.

Take a look at this video around the 20:00 mark (for a minute or two). You tell me those marking aren't the same or similar (and they are from Egypt!). And, the video itself is pretty darn good ( I am about 2/3s into it).

Also. the circular cutting. See the video on the sides of this thread OP video (Youtube) and you will see the same video maker reviewing the circular holes in Peru.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
A general comment on Tiwanaku

Alternative views of Tiwanaku

Carving hard rocks without steel chisels

Cuting rocks without modern technology

Egyptian paving stone cut

Cutting granite with sand

Slow, inefficient, manpower intensive

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by andersensrm

Sure but, E.T.'s of any kind would have the technological means to destroy any "evidence"

...except for the rocks they cut for some odd reason....lol

I personally think that its possible that ancient people did have much more spiritual powers than we have today.

That they had intense religious feeling can be ascertained by what they built. Did they have paranormal powers? Probably not or at least there is no evidence that they did. They seemed to have done a lot of hard work with their hands, basic tools and single minded devotion
edit on 28/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

Rocks were cut by humans, with alien technology. Kind of like how we attempt to give some of our advanced tools to chimpanzees to see what they do with them. We won't necessarily destroy what they create, but most likely we will take the tools back, so they don't hurt themselves or us.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Anyone who seriously believes that the sharply cut, complex architectural blocks at Puma Punku were hewn from granite rocks with copper chisels and saws needs to have his or her head examined.

edit on 29-2-2012 by micpsi because: typo corrected

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Anyone who seriously believes that the sharply cut, complex architectural blocks at Puma Punku were hewn from granite rocks with copper chisels and saws needs to have his or her head examined.

Sandstone actually and has anyone examined your head recently? lol

Andesite breaks cleanly and sharply, Sandstone is easy to shape with skilled craftsman....either that or you can evoke aliens or advanced humans, there is evidence of the Tiwanaku people there, lots of it, these other guys, not a thing....

So do you deny, based on your 'expertise', that the Egyptians cut granite using sand?
edit on 29/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Rocks were cut by humans, with alien technology. Kind of like how we attempt to give some of our advanced tools to chimpanzees to see what they do with them. We won't necessarily destroy what they create, but most likely we will take the tools back, so they don't hurt themselves or us.

...and these aliens did this from 4,000 BC to 1,500 AD? All over the globe just cutting rocks?

lol

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

...and these aliens did this from 4,000 BC to 1,500 AD? All over the globe just cutting rocks?

lol

Your right, we can't comprehend the reasons, so it must not be true. I forgot that we are the smartest beings in the universe, and know everything. So that if we come across something we don't know, it must not exist.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Your right, we can't comprehend the reasons, so it must not be true.

What that people can cut rocks? Why yes they can you are the one saying the men cannot break or cut a rock and must have aliens to assist them, for thousands of years.....

I forgot that we are the smartest beings in the universe, and know everything.

Not everything, but we do know people can cut rocks, and have been doing so for a very long time. Would you like to deny that modern men (and rather unskilled) can cut granite with sand? If not then why couldn't earlier people?

So that if we come across something we don't know, it must not exist.

People working stone isn't unknown unless you use an excess of denial. If you referring to rock cutting aliens well yes we haven't found any of those guys - I suspect we use to eat them, ya know, they cut some rocks for us and we'd repay them by bake'm up !

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well then I guess we can't rule out, that thousands of years ago, man visited the moon, or went into orbit.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Well then I guess we can't rule out, that thousands of years ago, man visited the moon, or went into orbit.

Change of subject? You could believe that if you wish the evidence for it is a tad thin thou, despite lots of very fuzzy images full of compression artifacts - but that would be kinda off topic don't you think?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Change of subject? You could believe that if you wish the evidence for it is a tad thin thou, despite lots of very fuzzy images full of compression artifacts - but that would be kinda off topic don't you think?

Well if ancients were doing things comparable to what we are doing today, we should see comparable experiences and technology. Where is it all? Show me how to move a 100 ton stone hundreds of miles the "ancient" way.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Manpower, sweat, blood and tears.
That's what would have done it.

I find the AA idea, while an interesting thought, a slap in the face of ancient man. Over and over throughout this thread you have been supplied with verifiable evidence of the methods and techniques involved, but refuse to accept any of it because of the head in the sandcastle of the ancient aliens. Hanslune has the patience of Job!

Have you heard of the Large Hadron Collider. That is in amazing piece of engineering, precision and a beautiful tribute to the application of the human brain.
It is far more complex than anything the ancients did, yet they are not supposed to have been able to cut or move rocks even though we could, if we wished, replicate them today.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Of course, as I noted earlier a 11th century European cathedral is completely beyond anything the Egyptians, Sumerian or the Meso-Americans could come up with, so was the Parthenon.

post by andersensrm

So you want facts huh

During Roman times they took obelisks from conquered Egypt, took them down, moved them by sea to Rome, then by land from Ostia to Rome and put them up. All but one was knocked down and during the renaissance and they were all righted again.They were originally made in the quarries near Aswan

How did they do that? Some of them weight in from 450 to100 tons. Yet they are in Rome and they are from Egypt, puzzler eh? They did this eight times and another 5 times with smaller obelisk made to order during their own era and also shipped and raised in Rome

one example
www.pbs.org...

Pharaoh: Seti I (reigned 1318-1304 B.C.)
Height: 75 feet
Weight: 263 tons
Story: Seti I decorated three sides of this obelisk, while his son Ramses II carved the fourth and erected the obelisk in the sun temple at Heliopolis, a capital of ancient Egypt. In inscriptions on one side of the monolith, Seti I describes himself as "the one who fills Heliopolis with obelisks that their rays may illuminate the Temple of Re." Ramses II, one of history's greatest self-aggrandizers, styled himself as one who made "monuments as innumerable as the stars of heaven. His works join the sky. When Re shines, he rejoices because of [the obelisks] in his temple of millions of years."

In 10 B.C., the obelisk was re-erected at the Circus Maximus in Rome to celebrate Augustus' conquest of Egypt. Sometime later it toppled, to be resurrected in the 16th century under Pope Sixtus V. In 1589, it became the centerpiece of the Piazza del Popola in Rome, where three major avenues of the city converge.

There is of course the Thunderstone, 1,500 tons and moved by the Russians without mechanical aide

edit on Thu Mar 1 2012 by Jbird because: added link

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Now there you go. That reply was packed full of some info I never knew.

Thank you.

See. One can learn many things, every day on ATS.

Bravo!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

Thank you so much for the video.
I was quite impressed.
It is amazing how the human brain can question, reason, cultivate, design and produce.
If he can do that by himself, what could tens of thousands do?
Oh that's right they did

I do wish others had viewed the video.
A little enlightenment couldn't hurt most.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I got called away for a work related disaster and failed to put in the links for my post above

The obelisks

One more example

Pharaoh: Tuthmosis III (reigned 1504-1450 B.C.)
Height: 105.6 feet
Weight: 455 tons
Story: The so-called Lateran obelisk is the largest standing obelisk in the world. Its inscriptions state that while it was begun during the reign of Tuthmosis III, it lay in the craftsmen's workshops for 35 years and was finally erected by his grandson Tuthmosis IV. The only single obelisk ever put up in Karnak Temple (obelisks usually came in pairs), it was removed under the orders of the Roman emperor Constantine (A.D. 274-337), who hoped to raise it in his new capital at Constantinople. He died before the obelisk ever left Egypt, and his son and successor Constantius (A.D. 317-361) had it taken to Rome, where it was re-erected in the Circus Maximus.

At some unknown date and by some unknown cause, the obelisk fell. It was not until the 16th century that Pope Sixtus V ordered a search for the monolith. It was found, in three pieces, some 23 feet down in the former Circus Maximus. On August 3, 1588, after more than a year of effort, the Lateran obelisk was raised in the Piazza San Giovanni in Laterano, where it has stood ever since, a Christian cross at its apex.

More general info on the obelisks from Egypt in Rome - more than the Egyptians still have!

List of obelisks in Rome

List of the world's obelisks

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

Originally posted by Bex33

Perhaps they would just prefer not to waste time on somebody who clearly knows the way of the world so well and cannot be wrong. Im sorry to be such a burden but i prefer the testimony of many distinguished scholars who provide a wealth of evidence on the subject,

Like the oh so "distinguished scholar" Zecharia Sitchin whos only degree is in economics, yet you take his books as truth?

en.wikipedia.org...

Sitchin's ideas were rejected by scientists and academics, who dismiss his work as pseudoscience and pseudohistory. Sitchin's work has been criticized for flawed methodology and mistranslations of ancient texts as well as for incorrect astronomical and scientific claims.[2]

His "Critisisms" section is larger than his "Ideas and works" and "Popularity" sections combined

While Z.S. Ideas may be rejected by some, We must remember that these guys all had their share of ideas and theories rejected repeatedly.

Galileo
Alfred Wegener
Gregor Johann Mendel
Robert Goddard
Ignaz Semmelweis
Charles Darwin
Jacques Boucher Crèvecoeur de Perthes many many more
(and so many,many more)

You never know what you don't know.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

reply to post by aorAki

Of course, as I noted earlier a 11th century European cathedral is completely beyond anything the Egyptians, Sumerian or the Meso-Americans could come up with, so was the Parthenon.
Text

Well that is perhaps a matter of opinion, allot of those structures in Peru for example looks destroyed, we don't know how they looked right after building.

Also even the Pyramid looked much better just after the construction, the top stones for example (on the big pyramdid(s) - (which made the sides flat), where removed by arabians or persians. And most of it was burried in sand:

Our Cathedrals/churches are more easy to build (little stones), then a Pyramid I'm sure and they need allot of maintance, if you wouldn't maintain it at all, it would be just ruins by now where the Pyramids still stands as 1 piece today (at least the big ones).

Anyways ask an engineer and construction workers what would be more easy for him to design&build, my bet is that it would be an Europain Cathedral.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Yes but all those gentleman had evidence; Sitchin has been shown to have made up stuff

The archaeological material against his theories is rather massive

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for all that being overturned and his simplistic ideas becoming accepted

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join