It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Advanced Technology Thousands Of Years Ago In Peru (Interesting)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

...but please explain the saw cut stone at the beginning of the video. As someone who cuts stone using diamond scintered blades I can tell you that that stone was cut by a saw... no question about it. And if that stone is a 7 MOH no amount of sand would do the trick...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just musing that these structures and the pyramids may have been built by giants in a much lower gravity enviroment, although I realize that that could have already been disproved.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
reply to post by Anon77

...but please explain the saw cut stone at the beginning of the video. As someone who cuts stone using diamond scintered blades I can tell you that that stone was cut by a saw... no question about it. And if that stone is a 7 MOH no amount of sand would do the trick...

I honestly don't know, Maybe they discovered a way to embed sand into bronze saws? Maybe they discovered a way to make and use the modern day equivalent of industrial diamonds?. We just don't know enough about those civilisations to be sure. But I'm still betting it was just some clever humans rather than aliens... (or possibly the cuts were made at a later date?) Bit hard to prove either way.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon77

reply to post by Anon77

I honestly don't know, Maybe they discovered a way to embed sand into bronze saws? Maybe they discovered a way to make and use the modern day equivalent of industrial diamonds?. We just don't know enough about those civilisations to be sure. But I'm still betting it was just some clever humans rather than aliens... (or possibly the cuts were made at a later date?) Bit hard to prove either way.

i agree with it being humans that did it. not aliens. BUT they did it with knowledge that we do not understand today. i believe there is a lost human civilization in the history of earth.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at

reply to post by Anon77

i agree with it being humans that did it. not aliens. BUT they did it with knowledge that we do not understand today. i believe there is a lost human civilization in the history of earth.

Agreed, I think there is a huge amount of lost knowledge and lost civilisations (I'm not entirely convinced we got it from aliens, I still think human ingenuity). More than about 2000 years ago we don't really have a good grasp of what went on further back than that. It's just a collection of sparse evidence and a lot of theories. I think that without a time machine we will probably never get the real facts. I love subjects like this, Human history and civilisation is really fascinating.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
we may be the aliens

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

Lol, You never know...
, I think i've seen some people who could probably pass for aliens.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Anon77

Please don't misunderstand... I never mentioned aliens. The OP doesn't either.

Sand is generally much softer than a 7 MOH and you cannot cut stone using a softer material than the stone itself.

I'm fully on board with the ancient advanced tech theory. I've seen evidence in photos and video of circular blade saw marks on Egyptian stones as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
strange how not only ancient stone structures were bigger the older there were made
also the animals... dinosaurs for example.. even insects were giant once

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Anon77

Please don't misunderstand... I never mentioned aliens. The OP doesn't either.

Sand is generally much softer than a 7 MOH and you cannot cut stone using a softer material than the stone itself.

I'm fully on board with the ancient advanced tech theory. I've seen evidence in photos and video of circular blade saw marks on Egyptian stones as well.

Some kind of lost technology I'd guess? They did know about diamonds so they may have come up with a way of embedding them in copper or bronze, There's just so little proof of what they used. Most of our current theories are just 'best guess' theories based on experimentation with the items we know they had access to. Also I'm really sceptical about saw marks on ancient stones. As far as I know there is no way of telling when they were made, Maybe they were cut from the quarry (or taken from even older structures) with the marks already on them, Maybe some even older civilisation made the marks?

Personally I think the human race has arrived at our current technological level hundreds of times, And every-time we've destroyed ourselves. Have any of you read about the Vimana? If you read into those stories, one civilisation ended in nuclear war thousands of years ago.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

puma punku is made of granite and diorite

Sorry no, sandstone and andesite (which can be classified as diorite in some cases). You may wish to look at the percentage of which material was used for and how much. Pumapunku was built a thousand years after the masterpiece of Parthenon - why isn't advanced machinery evoked for that that work too?

much of the work in egypt is granite.

I believe the term would be 'some' perhaps you can give us a percentage with source?

including the obelisk at the vatican

Which was bashed out using the same techniques as this unfinished obelisk in AE which was left insitu

unfinished obelisk

"Puna Punku" A temple build of Granite and Diorite, (Diorite cannot be cut with anything else but Diamond tools)

Nope, as noted above it is made of sandstone and andesite. Diorite can be shaped using quartz sand which is what the AE used to make a number of items

Link on diorite

Fringe videos are a poor source of information on archaeology!

edit on 22/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

Yep... we're on the same page. I also believe that humans have advanced to high levels of tech only to be knocked back into the "stone age." I also think it's quite possible that ancient tech may have been based on other forms of energy... other than the flow of electrons. Accounts of Vimana's might be a great example. I've seen theoretical anti-gravity devices that use Mercury and if I'm not mistaken, the Vimanas were powered in some way by Mercury.

There are so many examples of stone work all over the world that seems to indicate highly advanced tools were used in the making. It's becoming more and more difficult for modern archeologists to provide plausible explanations for the methods used to produce such amazing works.

It's probably conceit that makes me so resistant to ancient alien theories but I really like to think that humans did all of these things we find hard to believe....

edit on 22-2-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Even at eastern island they had the same technique and as big, but as told by some indians in boats who came there.

unfinished statue in a quarry:
www.travel-pictures-gallery.com...

P.s. how can I make pictures or youtube vid show correctly??
edit on 22-2-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Anon77

There are so many examples of stone work all over the world that seems to indicate highly advanced tools were used in the making. It's becoming more and more difficult for modern archeologists to provide plausible explanations for the methods used to produce such amazing works.

It's probably conceit that makes me so resistant to ancient alien theories but I really like to think that humans did all of these things we find hard to believe

lol

Not at all only the fringe seems to think this is a great mystery. Those who actually work in the field have long established that the local folks did it, what tools they used and the probable methods of construction - the rest is wishful thinking on the part of the fringe

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i have a hard time believing that this granite sculpture was bashed into form with a rock

yes some of puma punku is sand stone. but some is granit.

www.paleoseti.com...

.001 accuracy in corners.. not bashed out with stone in hand

Huge blocks of granit lie around on top of each other seemly completely random with showing any former building structure

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin

Even at eastern island they had the same technique and as big, but as told by some indians in boats who came there.

Yes they did, bashing out the moai with stones, in the quarry at on Rapa nui yu can see a number of the moai that were abandoned - and the tools used to bash them out.
edit on Fri Feb 24 2012 by Jbird because: added end quote tag

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

But if you would think out of the box, and mention the possibility they wouldn't take you serious, hence they won't even research the option, you would be out of a job fast then.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Can you show the tools? And how did they move the statues miles away, let alone setting it straight up. And that 1 in the picture is even much bigger which are standing on the other side of the island.

Just a quote:

The mystery today is how these statues were created. It is said that it was near impossible for the inhabitants of early Easter Island to carve, transport and lift the statues upright with their primitive tools. Various theories have sprouted as to how these were carved, obtained and lifted up straight, but none of them has been proven to be 100% accurate so far.

The more prominent theories are explained in “What Scientists Believe”.
library.thinkquest.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

i have a hard time believing that this granite sculpture was bashed into form with a rock

personal incredulity is a poor tool to use in trying to understand the ancient technqiues

Incan stone technique

yes some of puma punku is sand stone. but some is granit.

Yes some of it is andesite, which isn't granite but the famous carved parts are made of red sandstone

The difference between granite and andesite is

There are rocks that are extrusive (formed quickly on the surface of the earth) or intrusive (formed within the earth under slow cooling). Both types of extrusive or intrusive rocks can vary in composition from mafic (high iron and magnesium content) to silicic (less heavy ions like Fe and Mg, but with more of the lighter elements like Ca, Na, K, etc.). Extrusive rocks range from most mafic to less mafic as such: Basalt, Andesite, Rhyolite (and are all fine-grained b/c they cooled quickly).

Intrusive rocks that cool more slowly and have larger crystals range from most mafic to less mafic as such: Gabbro, Diorite, Granite. Basalt and gabbro have a similar composition, just the crystal size differs from different cooling rates (same for rhyolite and granite).

Andesite due to this reason is easier to work that the gabbro, diorite and granite

.001 accuracy in corners.. not bashed out with stone in hand

You might want to read some of the links I provided they provide the answers to that too

edit on 22/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I never understood how a person can study his whole life and still believe they built things in the distant past with bronze tools or worse, harder rocks...You have to be pretty dumb to think that, even without an education. Just look at that. They did that with rocks....really.....are you RE%&%&% ed...!

one day we will all know the truth they are hoarding like kids with candy in the park....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join