It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Advanced Technology Thousands Of Years Ago In Peru (Interesting)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by A-Dub

he says the temperatures dont matter very much
its actually better if the temperatures arent too far apart
its repeating the process a lot that does it
so i would think all you need to do is get the stone up to the temperature you want (hot or cold) then run the alternate water over it until its overall temperature changes to that

and after enough times (not too many actually) the fractures are large enough and it loses integrity and splits

the water doesnt have to "get in" it at all all that needs to happen is for the stone to change temp
its the stone itself that is expanding and contracting.... not the water
all thats needed is a score on the surface of the rock to weaken the area enough to guaruntee the fractures only occur where you want them

its actually brilliant
and extraordinarily simple [
edit on 23-2-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
At first I thought so what a fracture in a rock but when I seen the other cut stones I realised the significance of that rock…WOW!

We don’t know about the true history of the people on this planet, I believe your looking at the work of the pre flood atlantians or the few survivors of that disaster. Something very strange has happened on this planet and we are not taught the truth!

Remember how in Plato’s story of Atlantis the “GOD” Poseidon selected a natural “earth born” female and the offspring formed the first kings of Atlantis, the titans (giants)

There has been an advanced civilization of man before us, maybe even more than 1. In California they excavated a site and dated the pottery shards and other items found to be from 250,000 years ago based in the sediment layer the items were found.

The true history of man on Earth may never be known, but it's only our own arrogance that prevents us from finding the truth.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Hanslune

Well then stop holding out and shows us this marvelous thing

we wait, lol

It is good to be skeptic, but I'm drawing from a possibility of what they could have done with material at hand. Below is a good article to read on it, but one needs to look at what they had available to then think about what could they use it for.

Ancient Cutting Methods

When someone suggests lasers or any other advance technology that person must realize even the smallest/simplest part, even the nuts, bolts, wields, metals and other materials are all advanced in their own way with huge industries focused on each one before you could even combine them into an advance machine of some kind.

From your link (Laura Lee)

How old are China's pyramids? One clue comes from the 1910 diaries of two Australian traders, who noted what an old Buddhist monk told them --- that in the 5,000 year old records of his monastery, those pyramids are mentioned, described even then as being very old.

Another lie from the fringies.
Laura Lee is known for that, BTW.
Look it up. Nobody in East Asia was writing records in 3,000 BC.

The earlest surviving examples of writing in China are inscriptions on so-called "oracle bones", tortoise plastrons and ox scapulae used for divination, dating from around 1200 BC in the late Shang dynasty.

Source: Wiki

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

Haha thanks, im not closed minded so I dont shut the theory out (id like to believe it too) but as the motto around here goes we have to deny ignorance and not jump to conclusions about everything just because a TV show told us otherwise

and sirhumper you have a good point, I wonder if it would be better to heat the rock over a fire then cool it with regular water or to just heat the water. I think if you had a big fire burning you could just keep pouring some water over the rock and not put the flames out, but then again the rock might not cool off enough that way to get the desired effect. this method should be easy to try with small rocks, I might have to try this weekend if we dont get hammered with snow tonight, I dont think I have any granite close by but I could try it with other stones.

I think half of the trick will be figuring out how far and wide to edge into the stone, with the glass he said it cant be too deep, but it cant be too shallow either. might have to find the right part of the grain to do it on the stone too, a lot of the masonry videos emphasize this for the wedge/feather method.
edit on 23-2-2012 by A-Dub because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by A-Dub

that would be a good idea especially with something like limestone
not very experienced with this stuff
fascinating though
a lot of good thinking to be done with stonework

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

No offense intended, but without all the evidence being in and evaluated, your claim is about as valid as a belief in Santa Claus. Young children wake up on Christmas morning for how many years, centuries? They know that they have proof solid that Santa Claus exists, because he leaves gifts every year. Unfortunately, we all learn the terrible truth... There is no Santa Claus. Although the cause may be different. The reasoning on the giant stones is that, as in this thread, we are seeing theories galore... Titans, Atlanteans, an unknown ancient civilization or two... and folks all over screaming, "Why don't you open your eyes and see the truth"? We will when we see the truth. Again, I mean absolutely no offense.

P.S. The reason the youngsters find out the truth about Santa Claus is so, as the youngster ages, s/he doesn't start asking Santa for Corvettes, a Ferrari, Clive Christian's Imperial Majesty Perfume: $215,000 for 16.9 ounces in a Baccarat Crystal bottle with 18k Gold neck wrap and a 5 carat top quality clear white diamond. Ten made, three sold, seven in reserve. LOL!

I so do hope you'll accept this as a friendly "discussion" and not just an old butt head trying to ruin your day.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
One old butt head to another, the old "I hope you don't consider me a butt head" ploy won't work around here.

Butt head Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sigung86

Everyone his opinion of course and no I'm not offended.
Believing in Santa Claus or believing some structures are from a civilization unknown from an unknown time, I don't think it's the same personally.

What about Japan's Pyramid found in the sea, we know nothing about it, about his history or civilization or people lived there.

If it was on the surface good change some Japanese where making their own holy temple or pyramid, close that pyramid and we would be told&believe they where made by Japanese, written down in our history books pretty sure, who else? And who's the one believing in Santa then?

That's the only thing I say..
edit on 23-2-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
One old butt head to another, the old "I hope you don't consider me a butt head" ploy won't work around here.

Butt head Harte

Ditto! I second that.

Butt head 3 Anon77

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
reply to post by sigung86

Everyone his opinion of course and no I'm not offended.
Believing in Santa Claus or believing some structures are from a civilization unknown from an unknown time, I don't think it's the same personally.

What about Japan's Pyramid found in the sea, we know nothing about it, about his history or civilization or people lived there.

If it was on the surface good change some Japanese where making their own holy temple or pyramid, close that pyramid and we would be told&believe they where made by Japanese, written down in our history books pretty sure, who else? And who's the one believing in Santa then?

That's the only thing I say..
edit on 23-2-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

I love the way they dated that structure, they said it was flooded 10,000 years ago after the last ice age, so it's 10,000 years old to them.

They do this with too much stuff.

For all we know it was there for millenia before being flooded.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Okay so lets say some ancient human civilization created these "structures" with their own advanced technology, somehow it was advanced enough to create precision cuts and move tons and tons of rock hundreds of hundreds of miles. You would expect that the technology they have, would rival our own, except we see no evidence of more complex structures like we see today. There were no bull dozers, or computers left over, so how are they so advanced without these? Maybe because someone or something gave them the technology, and they did whatever with it? Going back to the point, these ancient civilizations would put major discrepencies in the evolutionary time line. Which I guess leads to the fact that maybe we aren't from earth, since we can't match our evolutionary timeline with anything else, if indeed we were so highly advanced going back 10's of thousands of years. The only two options I see are, either E.T.'s gave us this technology, intentionally or unintentionally, or E.T.'s dropped us here 10's of thousands of years ago with the knowledge to do so.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

A few moments of thought tells me we can't do that now, but they could achieve that then. How? Sorry, you probably subscribe to ropes and rock tools theory. Good luck with that then.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Maybe the idea of gods is just primative man failing to understand the great powers that have truly visited our world. if so, what technology must these aliens posses? think of all the science neccesary to create biblical events.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

1 Why take the effort creating such a stone. This is no days work with granite.

2. This stone was investigated 10 heavy lift cranes were needed to lift that thing. (the 10 cranes could of by1 or 2)

You have to understand the Roman construction techniques and the foundation of a earlier site they built on at Baalbek - plus the slope they had to content with.

Sorry your second commment is just made up, no such investigation has ever been made - except in a fringe writers imagination. The stone weighs 1,200 tons, are you actually stating we couldn't move it today? lol, may I humbly suggest you do a few minutes of googling and figure it out please.
edit on 22/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

1,200 tons is 2,400,000 pounds. Don't be fooled by the "ton" marking, That many pounds is pretty significant.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
that guy from the OP's video has some neat videos in his YT channel...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by unfor54k3n

Yes, I saw those but I figured I would let people find them on their own.... Better that way... Lead them to the water.... so to speak.

Yes. anothe fine example of what this guy is onto and his theory.

I am glad you found if and liked it. (posted it)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen

1,200 tons is 2,400,000 pounds. Don't be fooled by the "ton" marking, That many pounds is pretty significant.

Yes, and it is movable by todays cranes, the Roman's didn't move it and left in the quarry, it probably could have been moved the short distanced needed but they didn't try it - probably not worth the effort from their point of view. They did move the three 800 tonners

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yes, and it is movable by todays cranes, the Roman's didn't move it and left in the quarry, it probably could have been moved the short distanced needed but they didn't try it - probably not worth the effort from their point of view. They did move the three 800 tonners

So where are all these ancient cranes?

Once you get the cranes, you're going to drive them 200 miles across rugged terrain?
edit on 23-2-2012 by andersensrm because: ETA

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

There has been an advanced civilization of man before us, maybe even more than 1. In California they excavated a site and dated the pottery shards and other items found to be from 250,000 years ago based in the sediment layer the items were found.

The true history of man on Earth may never be known, but it's only our own arrogance that prevents us from finding the truth.

..but we are slowly gaining that truth thru science.....I believe the site you are thinking of is the Calico early man site which is alleged to date from 100,000 to 200,000 years old . Not pottery but tens of thousands of stone tools, unfortunately the present consensus is that they are not stone tools but geofacts.

It is easy to claim that there was an 'advanced civilization' the problem is a complete lack of evidence to support such a claim.
edit on 23/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

So where are all these ancient cranes?

Once you get the cranes, you're going to drive them 200 miles across rugged terrain?
edit on 23-2-2012 by andersensrm because: ETA

You're missing the context of the discussion from earlier in the thread, the claim was made that not even modern cranes could lift that stone; they could

The Roman's wouldn't have tried to lift it but move it, a bit easier, they did so with the lesser 800 ton stones. The guarries in Baalbak are near the site, depending on the source 1/2 to 1 kilometer away....where are you getting 200 miles from?

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join