It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Advanced Technology Thousands Of Years Ago In Peru (Interesting)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Solar furnaces that can reach 3500 degrees C require high grade silver backed mirrors and careful design. The melting point of granite is about 1200 degrees C, What material did they use to hold the granite in whilst they melted it? They didn't have steel. Why do none of the stones show signs of being worked using heat (cracking, glazing, etc)? Don't forget the Romans had concrete, So why not the ancient civilizations too? Some of the stones could be a cast concrete mix, Allowing perfect alignment if they all came form the same molds. Where is the corresponding evidence of lasers, solar furnaces, whatever other random theories people have. This is just hand workmanship and a lot of manpower. Also, how can you date cuts in stone? you can't! For all you know the cuts, drill holes etc were made at a later date. I mean the exterior finishing stones on the giza pyramids were stripped a thousand years after they were built to make new buildings. There is no ACTUAL evidence to support assorted 'far out' theories. You have to go off the evidence available, otherwise it not science it's just guesswork.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by Xtrozero
The rays are then focused onto an area the size of a cooking pot and can reach 3,500 °C (6,330 °F), depending on the process installed.... [...] I beg to differ

Got an image handy of what those holes look like? I'm guessing that they're nowhere near perfectly circular, but rather sloppy and at least partially melted into an elliptical shape.

No, but this is about as far as I would "think out of the box" on this. The Spaniards melted large gold disc/bowls down that could have been used. I did find 2 pictures interesting though...

Modern Solar Furnace

Peru Site

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

Very true to all you have written....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
In Egypt there are etchings on the obelisks that are so precise, so to not have been able to be done by hand. To look at them it is apparent they must have been carved or etched with a laser. These obelisks leave enough questions to confound scientists and archaeologists for eons. They are so 'FINE' in detail and the size of the lines used, they could not have been done by slaves or even proficient masons. Grave marker masons barely have the equipment to accomplish such a delicate and fine type of work in this day and time.

Sorry, but your wrong. We have the technology to move individual atoms around today. Not to mention some gravestones are engraved using cnc milling machines. Precise down to a few thousandths of a mm. What are you basing your assumption that 'they could not have been done by slaves or even proficient masons'? Have you ever seen a stone mason work? Fine work just means small chisels.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
Parabolic mirrors to focus light and melt stone?

The melting point of Limestone which is fairly common in megalithic structures ranges between: 1517-2442 degrees.

Using mirrors probably isn't going to generate enough heat to do the job... even the most efficient mirrors do not reflect 100% of the light from the source.

Even using a magnifying lens would be problematic.

edit on 23-2-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

The term "solar furnace" has also evolved to refer to solar concentrator heating systems using parabolic mirrors or heliostats where 538 °C (1,000 °F) is now commonly achieved. The largest solar furnace is at Odeillo in the Pyrénées-Orientales in France, opened in 1970. It employs an array of plane mirrors to gather sunlight, reflecting it onto a larger curved mirror. The rays are then focused onto an area the size of a cooking pot and can reach 3,500 °C (6,330 °F), depending on the process installed....

I beg to differ

The parabolic mirrors generate 538* C individually, it's only when 2 or more mirrors are focused on a single point that more heat is generated. But... only on sunny days...

BTW - if you're going to cut and paste from Wikipedia it's bad form not to include the source linnk...

True... I was lazy and answering a question that took Google 2 seconds to find the answer, AND I'm not in a debate class...so don't really care...I see you used 2 seonds of Google time too...Gratz

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
reply to post by A-Dub

they did not have silver backed mirrors and copper mirrors dont reflect enough light
however im fairly certain they had access to prisms which could be used in place of a mirror to redirect light in a desired direction

They had gold and gold mix mirrors...much better than copper.

did they have gold mirrors? i was not aware
source please (i believe you but would still like a source)
edit: nvm got it should have known that.... i did know that....i used to anyway haha
edit2:god and thats common sense that they would use gold as a mirror too i dont know what im thinking.... i feel retarded now
i would also like to see the performance of the gold mirrors to see what its even capable of

also why would they glass the surface to make it easier to work to finish it with techniques that would be less perfect than the surface that was there before?

how large of an array would you need using gold mirrors?
i imagine the size would be ....uh.....fairly large
how many stones could you produce this way in a given period of time with one of these arrays?
how many arrays would you need to finish the project in a reasonable amount of time?
how much gold would be needed?
how much work goes into making the mirrors?
is this efficient?
all limiting factors

i like the idea i really do think modern man was doing a LOT of things with light but i dont see stone cutting being one of them
edit on 23-2-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

There are quite a few articles on it. I posted one a few posts ago, and here is another one.

Gold Mirrors

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

But you missed the point and didn't fully comprehend the article.... and BTW I paraphrased the wiki article which isn't considered plagerism.

Again... the heat generated by todays most efficient parabolic mirrors is not enough to melt Limestone or granite. The heat generation achieved by todays modern solar furnaces is focused from hundreds of highly efficient mirrors on to a single point which collects the heat.

If they used mirrors.... I guess work stopped on cloudy days...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Well for one, the Parthenon isn't a mason marvel. It didn't take advanced mathematics to build

The Parthenon is one of the most sophisticated buildings to date. It has been build using sacred geometry and sacred geography. Every other sacred building in Greece was build in perfect isoscele triangles around it.

It even has a natural air conditioning system due to the arrangement and way of sculpturing of the columns

ETA: And NO there were no aliens helping in building all this. Like Hanslune said, it was pure craftsmanship and knowledge.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

thank you
i have pondered this for hours and hours myself
i dont believe sun worship in all these cultures was a coincidence its importance seems to go far beyond agriculture
im going to remain skeptical until this is actually tested
and i know i dont have 20k+ to blow on gold right now

(i still think the array would be so large it would not at all be efficient)

devils advocate: suppose they sand down the stone expose quartz outcrops and then easily chiseled these off and smoothed it?

easy
primitive
smart
and would have the same aesthetics they do

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It's not just the way they worked the stone thats an issue, its how they where laid with such precision and transported over such vast distances also.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976
It's not just the way they worked the stone thats an issue, its how they where laid with such precision and transported over such vast distances also.

Massive manpower, mathematics, animals and clever humans. Nothing complex about it...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon77

Massive manpower, mathematics, animals and clever humans. Nothing complex about it...

look at light through a prism.... you dont even need any math
and youll be able to make lines as precise as the photons hitting the floor (if you take enough time and effort anyway)
....not saying they didnt use math by the way

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

and youll be able to make lines as precise as the photons hitting the floor (if you take enough time and effort anyway)

Very true, Only problem is... they probably didn't have prisms.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Sirhumperdink? ha ha! I'm always calling my girlfirends son englebert humperdink!! sorry, offtopic!

Ontopic- Whatever way it was done lots of hard work, effort and ingenuity went in to it, wish some of those guys where around today, then people wouldnt be living in cheap cost effectie thrown up houses who's walls crack after 10 years!!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
This just speaks for itself.

Wally. T. Wallington

Did anyone watch this video??? All of you ancient alien theorists stating it is impossible to move those massive rocks need to check it out. It doesn't completely refute the ancient alien claim, but it leaves open the possibility that these civilizations did all of this on their own. They didn't necessarily need 20 cranes or advanced technology. I like to keep an open mind and since we will never have all the answers, that is all we can do.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Very true, Only problem is... they probably didn't have prisms.

of course they did
natural prisms aka crystals

haha agreed Darren (funny coincidence)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

A prism does not produce coherant light like a laser does... natural light is not coherant and varies in wavelength where a laser light is one wavelength and does not scatter.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The biggest problem with theories like this is that they don't follow the proper scientific research principles.

They jump straight to the conclusion that advanced technologies must have been responsible, and then try and justify their conclusion.

Proper scientific research would look at the evidence first, then come to the conclusion last.

This is also the problem with the show "Ancient Aliens". They automatically assume that everything they look at must have had Alien intervention at some time, then look for evidence to support their conclusion.
edit on 23-2-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

correct but it does give you a basis for the mathmetics involved in determining the angles
for example (and yes i know its no a prism)
if you were to somehow project the image seen through one of these calcite crystals onto a solid surface (or have some other method to measure the change)
www.nordskip.com...
it wouldnt take much to calculate the circumference of the earth (assuing you were very careful in your measurements)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join