It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Advanced Technology Thousands Of Years Ago In Peru (Interesting)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I also wonder if they built mirror arrays back then, if done properly (which a 9 year old can do with the right materials) I think it could easily melt any rock, and be used like a laser cutter which would explain a lot of things, even the holes in the rocks, and it would be very hard for a tool like that to be intact today for us to find.

it would take a long time still and a lot of tinkering with to follow the sun, but with how much attention they paid to it I can see this being very likely.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Or think inside the box of what they did have back then that would work, like simple saws using sand as a grinder and a lot of time. There is also talk of them using parabolic mirror bowls to melt and cut stone with the sun, AND more importantly they have physical proof of these bowls in the museums

Well then stop holding out and shows us this marvelous thing

physical proof of these bowls in the museums

we wait, lol

----------------------------

also wonder if they built mirror arrays back then, if done properly (which a 9 year old can do with the right materials) I think it could easily melt any rock, and be used like a laser cutter which would explain a lot of things, even the holes in the rocks, and it would be very hard for a tool like that to be intact today for us to find.

Gee when I was 9 I wasn't able to make one, did use a magnifying glass to kill red ants thou.

What is the melting point of granite?
edit on 23/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by A-Dub

They had parabolic mirror bowls that could melt stone with the sun not to mention fire... But ya string saws using primitive metals and abrasive material. I wonder if they took soil samples around the rocks half cut what they would find in it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Parabolic mirrors to focus light and melt stone?

The melting point of Limestone which is fairly common in megalithic structures ranges between: 1517-2442 degrees.

Using mirrors probably isn't going to generate enough heat to do the job... even the most efficient mirrors do not reflect 100% of the light from the source.

Even using a magnifying lens would be problematic.

edit on 23-2-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

i respectfully disagree simply do to the sheer amount of labor required
i agree these were done with primitive tools however the methods used elude us i believe there was a way of softening the stone that was more effective than heating it with fire or some other method of removing large amounts of stone and more conventional methods were used as a finishing technique

otherwise the logistics of building these things is just absurd far too many people and resources would be required

and Labdarex the thought has crossed my mind they did have slab saws www.oocities.org...
and it is possible there was some kind of primitive version powered by tensioned ropes or some kind of wind/water device
i had seen somewhere some small evidence for this and i will post it if i can find it

however even if such a thing were to exist it doesnt explain something like
www.heritage-images.com...
this sarcophagus in saqqara

i cant even imagine how long that would take using only primitive tools and conventional methods

im certain there where methods used that made things less labor intensive

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by A-Dub

they did not have silver backed mirrors and copper mirrors dont reflect enough light
however im fairly certain they had access to prisms which could be used in place of a mirror to redirect light in a desired direction

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

reply to post by A-Dub

They had parabolic mirror bowls that could melt stone with the sun not to mention fire... But ya string saws using primitive metals and abrasive material. I wonder if they took soil samples around the rocks half cut what they would find in it.

Others responding to this thread have the same idea about strings saws. I want to test that theory because I have access to the materials needed. Limestone has a MOHs hardness in the range of 3-4 so it should be easy enough to use plain old sand but granite is a different story. Granite is usually a mixture of various minerals so it's hardness can vary quite a bit. Typically, Granite is mainly composed of Quartz which has a hardness of about 7.0 MOH. So, in order to cut Quartz you would need a material that is harder than 7.0. Brass which is generally the agreed material used for carving ancient megalithic structures is only about 4.5 on the MOH scale. Carbon Steel is about a 7.0 and would be more suitable for cutting Granite.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAY1980
A few more pictures of some advanced ancient stone cutting.

[img]http://media.photobucket.com/image/puma%20punku/Rocketraz1982/Figure-28_-Puma-Punku-Bolivia.jpg

Is "advance ancient" an Oxymoron? I agree advance for their time AND that skill was lost to future generations IN THAT AREA, but all still based on very basic understanding of stone working and physics that was used in many places throughout the world in ancient times.

More of a typo... Yes advanced for there time. Then again it could be a very simple process we just don't understand. I believe our ancestors had a greater understanding of nature and the natural world we may never understand.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I love how they lashed out at me though. I never said Aliens didn't help ancient man, I'm just saying that those things can be done. You just have to remember we have things like YouTube and Television and waste our time working so we can live up to the expectations of our peers. We aren't like ancient man -- they worked and worked hard.

Except for Moses. He wrote a book.
Joking.

reply to post by JAY1980

Indeed they did. They didn't spend their time loafing about. Instead they studied the world and made sure to do the best damn job at studying it.
edit on 23-2-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
wow, those are incredibly flat stones

I just finished watching a show about Machu Picchu, on Ultimate Engineering

They talked about some of the flat stones they used to build the buildings,they hammered bigger stones with smaller ones, to turn the surface to dust, then placed a stone on top of it and where the dust wasnt disturbed they worked on the section abit more

But they conveniently left out anything like shown in the video, hmm I wonder why they did that, those stones look like they were cut with a stone saw or should I dare say it.... a laser

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Well then stop holding out and shows us this marvelous thing

we wait, lol

It is good to be skeptic, but I'm drawing from a possibility of what they could have done with material at hand. Below is a good article to read on it, but one needs to look at what they had available to then think about what could they use it for.

Ancient Cutting Methods

When someone suggests lasers or any other advance technology that person must realize even the smallest/simplest part, even the nuts, bolts, wields, metals and other materials are all advanced in their own way with huge industries focused on each one before you could even combine them into an advance machine of some kind.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

parabolic dishes can produce enough temperature to melt granite, but given the technology back then they would have really needed to find tune them and probly make a massive dish or huge array all concentrated on one spot.

but the more likely answer is string cutting IMO

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

The melting point of Limestone which is fairly common in megalithic structures ranges between: 1517-2442 degrees.

Using mirrors probably isn't going to generate enough heat to do the job... even the most efficient mirrors do not reflect 100% of the light from the source.

The term "solar furnace" has also evolved to refer to solar concentrator heating systems using parabolic mirrors or heliostats where 538 °C (1,000 °F) is now commonly achieved. The largest solar furnace is at Odeillo in the Pyrénées-Orientales in France, opened in 1970. It employs an array of plane mirrors to gather sunlight, reflecting it onto a larger curved mirror. The rays are then focused onto an area the size of a cooking pot and can reach 3,500 °C (6,330 °F), depending on the process installed....

en.wikipedia.org...

I beg to differ
edit on Fri Feb 24 2012 by Jbird because: Quote tags and sources please.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
reply to post by Blarneystoner

parabolic dishes can produce enough temperature to melt granite, but given the technology back then they would have really needed to find tune them and probly make a massive dish or huge array all concentrated on one spot.

but the more likely answer is string cutting IMO

I agree, but it is suggested the melting was used to soften the outer layer to make smooth and glossy and more workable with simple mallets.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAY1980

More of a typo... Yes advanced for there time. Then again it could be a very simple process we just don't understand. I believe our ancestors had a greater understanding of nature and the natural world we may never understand.

I truly agree with you on the term "advance for their time" Just like the first society that made bronze spears were advance for their time.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The rays are then focused onto an area the size of a cooking pot and can reach 3,500 °C (6,330 °F), depending on the process installed.... [...] I beg to differ

Got an image handy of what those holes look like? I'm guessing that they're nowhere near perfectly circular, but rather sloppy and at least partially melted into an elliptical shape.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Harte

Having re read the info i first read months ago, it appears i may have embellished slightly!

However, the link is:

www.abc.net.au...

Rather than trawling nets per say, it shows evidence of deep sea fishing based on the bones of fish eaten there, up to a period of 42,000 years ago.

From the link:

It isn't clear exactly what techniques the people living in the area at the time used to catch these fish.
Tuna can be caught using nets or by trolling hooks on long lines through the water, O'Connor says.

Tuna can also be caught while floating on a boat in Biscayne Bay. This I've done.

No trolling, no net, no "advanced" navigational capabilities.

In fact, in my case, no navigational abilities at all!

The reason I asked is that I believe it might be possible that even Homo Erectus was ocean-going, so this info, had it actually involved deep sea fishing and navigation, could have some bearing on that.

Harte

I

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
reply to post by A-Dub

they did not have silver backed mirrors and copper mirrors dont reflect enough light
however im fairly certain they had access to prisms which could be used in place of a mirror to redirect light in a desired direction

They had gold and gold mix mirrors...much better than copper.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

The term "solar furnace" has also evolved to refer to solar concentrator heating systems using parabolic mirrors or heliostats where 538 °C (1,000 °F) is now commonly achieved. The largest solar furnace is at Odeillo in the Pyrénées-Orientales in France, opened in 1970. It employs an array of plane mirrors to gather sunlight, reflecting it onto a larger curved mirror. The rays are then focused onto an area the size of a cooking pot and can reach 3,500 °C (6,330 °F), depending on the process installed....

I beg to differ

The parabolic mirrors generate 538* C individually, it's only when 2 or more mirrors are focused on a single point that more heat is generated. But... only on sunny days...

BTW - if you're going to cut and paste from Wikipedia it's bad form not to include the source linnk...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
In Egypt there are etchings on the obelisks that are so precise, so to not have been able to be done by hand. To look at them it is apparent they must have been carved or etched with a laser. These obelisks leave enough questions to confound scientists and archaeologists for eons. They are so 'FINE' in detail and the size of the lines used, they could not have been done by slaves or even proficient masons. Grave marker masons barely have the equipment to accomplish such a delicate and fine type of work in this day and time.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join