It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Advanced Technology Thousands Of Years Ago In Peru (Interesting)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

Originally posted by Anon77

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
reply to post by Anon77

...but please explain the saw cut stone at the beginning of the video. As someone who cuts stone using diamond scintered blades I can tell you that that stone was cut by a saw... no question about it. And if that stone is a 7 MOH no amount of sand would do the trick...

I honestly don't know, Maybe they discovered a way to embed sand into bronze saws? Maybe they discovered a way to make and use the modern day equivalent of industrial diamonds?. We just don't know enough about those civilisations to be sure. But I'm still betting it was just some clever humans rather than aliens... (or possibly the cuts were made at a later date?) Bit hard to prove either way.

So you are basically trying hard to disprove the ancient advanced technology because you don't want them to be associated with aliens? The OP didn't mention aliens in his post but you have to admit that that kind of cutting is pretty advanced even for today's technology.

Not at all, They'd be easy for today's technology. Laser (or more likely water cutting) could easily reproduce those levels of accuracy. Like I said before the Romans used hydraulic mining to get at gold veins. There's no evidence to support they had laser technology or anything similar to that in ancient civilizations. Where did all the technology disappear to? What happened to it all? Why would it all just disappear? Where's the support structure for this technology? Power source? Where's the evidence of manufacturing? I know people talk about evidence of saw blade marks in stones, but how do you date stuff like that? The marks could have been made yesterday or 10,000 years ago.

Where is the proof (other than a bunch of example's that nobody really knows for certain how they were produced). Having said all that though, I can easily believe that Humans have been at our and possibly even greater levels of civilization and technology than we are today and they have been destroyed in wars, asteroids, etc. (but again there is no physical proof of that, just legends, stories, etc - APART from the impossible objects found in 20 million year old coal seams for instance, I think there's a few threads on ATS about that?. But even then there's no other supporting evidence). It's a bit like scientific experimentation. One result does NOT constitute proof. It needs to be repeatable and verifiable. Also just because we don't know how something was done doesn't mean that it can't be done, it just means that we don't really know how they managed it.

Who knows maybe the structures WERE built by a previous advanced human civilization's? Nobody knows, and there's no actual verifiable evidence to support the theories. Like I said before without a time machine I doubt we will ever find out.

PS. I do happen to believe in alien civilizations.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

Added to the fact that a lot of the cutting tools recovered around the world have been made of substances like Diorite or Obsidian - both far harder than limestone or even granite. When coupled with water drilling technology, that is a pretty formidable arsenal to carve and sculpt huge lumps of rock.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
not so unbelievable to think they have been civilizations in the distant passed that were advanced in anti gravity technology knowledge of advance lasers.. seems very logical if you think how old the earth actually is ..

I don't buy the alien theory so much now...we are finding most of the ancient world under water which is prove of global disasters which has been happening well before the dinosaurs walked the planet and we know what happened to them

all it would take is a global shift to send us back in to the stone age for a couple of thousand years...

then we to would be talked about in the future debating if we had advance tools...

hard rock survives through out the ages...everything else disappears given enough time
edit on 06/-06004/2011 by sitchin because: (no reason given)

I suspect most of the ruins we're familiar with were built by humans. Human civilization had reached heights of technological sophistication in the distant past that we have yet to reach -- then died or was destroyed. I believe there have been many advanced world civilizations that have disappeared into oblivion. Civilized human beings go back a lot farther than the EAA's (Establishment Academic Authorities) would ever consider (at least in public).

One of the things I find annoying about the "Ancient Aliens" series, is they seem to attribute everything to ETs.
Not fair to our human ancestors.

Having said that, I need to make clear that I do believe in ETs. In fact, I strongly believe that humankind was genetically engineered by the Blond Annunaki a very, very long time ago. But we humans have been able to do some pretty impressive things on our own.

A very complicated topic.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Alright.. With all of this assumed as fact.. We are left with a bunch of questions.. He mentioned the stones no being 90 angle.. So perhaps the huge stones thrown about were of a lighthouse or tower.. And if we assume like some have stated that it as the pre flood atlantean era civilization, they clearly stated their civilization was destroyed by war, I believe .. So what weapon could destroy such huge constructions.. Crazy stuff

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by casenately
I never understood how a person can study his whole life and still believe they built things in the distant past with bronze tools or worse, harder rocks...You have to be pretty dumb to think that, even without an education. Just look at that. They did that with rocks....really.....are you RE%&%&% ed...!

Since you never understood this, let me explain it to you.

It's because, unlike ignorant folk that never can understand it, they studied their whole life.

Harte

My favorite curmudgeon has chimed in!

Would you care to comment on the video in the OP or are you just here to heckle? Can you explain the cut?

Can't view it at work. Haven't been able to get online at home because of my kids.

Care to give me the name of the stone, the place, or which cut you're taling about?

I can certainly explain every stone cut ever made in South America.

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

if there was a powerful weapon involved there would be ample evidence
ie. glassing a crater a lot of fractured blocks etc.
i like to keep an open mind be please keep the logic leaps to a minimum
almost nothing you said is relating to what we know about this topic except for the stones on the floor

im sorry i dont mean to be insulting its just that was almost entirely speculation

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I sincerely hope you are not being serious. That is an incredibly ignorant thing to say.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link
edit on Fri Feb 24 2012 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

cool, thank you for sharing

i know we are not alone

lots of family out there and here

i love you

thank you

namaste

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Anon77

Added to the fact that a lot of the cutting tools recovered around the world have been made of substances like Diorite or Obsidian - both far harder than limestone or even granite. When coupled with water drilling technology, that is a pretty formidable arsenal to carve and sculpt huge lumps of rock.

Agreed!
Believe me, I would really love for someone to find proper verifiable evidence of previous advanced human civilizations. That it doesn't matter how many nuclear bombs, viruses, chemical weapons we chuck at each other or whether we get hit with floods, asteroids, super-volcanoes, etc The human race will ultimately survive, adapt and rebuild itself. I think that ability is a part of what makes us human. Going sort of off topic I believe that there may be evidence on the moon of previous human civilizations, again no proof but certainly a nice theory.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by mr10k

Sure dude, they sure did.

No evidence of any kind actually backs up the idea that it can be done,, you could not do it, nor anyone else.

Fail.

Just like fringe writers, you have chosen to completely ignore the evidence. Said evidence was presented right here in this thread by Optimus Primal.

Here's his post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course, I'm assuming here that you won't ignore it.

That appears to be quite a stretch, when it comes to you.

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by anon72

Lasers. Has to be lasers for that kind of precision.

So, you're going to maintain that a laser could cut through a stone monolith, without leaving any sign of superheated stone surfaces behind?

Have you any idea of the amount of power such a cut would require?

Do you know what happens to stone when it's melted?

Are you aware that the temperature differential between the cut surface (as it is being cut) and the rest of the (cold) stone would result in cracking of the stone?

A few moments of actual thought prior to expostulation would seem appropriate here.

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The Powers That Be are responsible for suppressing our true past for obvious reasons. Those unaware of history are doomed to repeat it. The negative wingnuts of the Dark Cabal would love to nuke the planet again so they could emerge from their underground bases with 500 million or so subjects left around to serve them (see the Georgia Guidestones). The rest are expendable "useless eaters".

But then you have people right on this forum who profess to be experts on these "alleged" lost civilizations who will argue until the cows come home (not very effectively) that Atlantis and Lemuria are nothing more than figments of human imagination, while the evidence to the contrary is all over the planet.

Thanks to the Internet, human consciousness is gradually shifting towards enlightenment, ultimately resulting in a quantum leap in evolution, in spite of the massive disinfo campaign.
edit on 23-2-2012 by SimontheMagus because: addition

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bex33
Im sorry to be such a burden but i prefer the testimony of many distinguished scholars who provide a wealth of evidence on the subject...

Like a failed newspaper journalist (Hancock) or an economics major (Sitchin)?

Or do you mean the college dropout/Hare Krishna (Cremo)?

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

agreed this wasnt done by a laser
i think it was done in stages taking large chunks off slowly working in finer and finer detail much like you would work wood or stone today
i do like t speculate though
what do you think of some kind of gravitational pressure cannon using water to cut stone? (provided there was a way to make a nozle... a big if)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimontheMagus
The Powers That Be are responsible for suppressing our true past for obvious reasons. Those unaware of history are doomed to repeat it. The negative wingnuts of the Dark Cabal would love to nuke the planet again so they could emerge from their underground bases with 500 million or so subjects left around to serve them (see the Georgia Guidestones). The rest are expendable "useless eaters".

But then you have people right on this forum who profess to be experts on these "alleged" lost civilizations who will argue until the cows come home (not very effectively) that Atlantis and Lemuria are nothing more than figments of human imagination, while the evidence to the contrary is all over the planet.

Thanks to the Internet, human consciousness is gradually shifting towards enlightenment, ultimately resulting in a quantum leap in evolution, in spite of the massive disinfo campaign.

What exactly are these 'obvious reasons' they are suppressing it? Humans are aware of plenty of history and we still repeat it! Humans don't learn lessons. Human lessons tend to last about as long as human memory. Or roughly one lifetime before we make similar mistakes all over again. Where exactly is the evidence for atlantis or lemuria? Exactly who is this 'Dark Cabal'? And why would wiping most of the population off the face of the planet be an advantage to them?

Also just as an fyi 'Quantum leap' is the smallest possible jump, Not the largest... Don't believe me, then I suggest you look up quantum.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SimontheMagus

Where is the physical evidence for Atlantis? There isn't any, only literal testimony in the writings of Plato, etc, thousands of years after the place "disappeared". That is not to say there was no such place, simply that there is no evidence for it. In 5 minutes or 50 years something may turn up that completely turns our understanding of this totally upside down but at present that evidence doesn't exist.

Not to be a pain, but that is how science works - test for results and publish the findings. Archeology is another science and therefore subject to the same rules - theory, test, results.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I believe we do underestimate the ingenuity of ancient man.

Petroglyphs in caves, have been found in Australia that are believed to be around the 40,000 year mark....as old as the Europeans Neanderthal art.
Not only that, they have found evidence of charcoal remnants in sea shells, left in places in the caves. Which suggests the artists used these shells to hold a fire to create light in the cave.
In addition, they have found the First example of mining by early peoples in Australia.
Still around the 40,000 year mark, they have found diggings in Flint caves, where there is example of using wooden spears or some object to dig in the cave to find the flint...while using the light from those sea shells "lamps".
Ancient humans were smarter than we assume.
They did, after all, design and develop a flying wing (Boomerang) 10s of thousands of years ago.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

I kinda agree laser weren't used, but in what I think they used some kind ancient wire saw. Similar to what we use today like this one:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
reply to post by Harte

agreed this wasnt done by a laser
i think it was done in stages taking large chunks off slowly working in finer and finer detail much like you would work wood or stone today
i do like t speculate though
what do you think of some kind of gravitational pressure cannon using water to cut stone? (provided there was a way to make a nozle... a big if)

Have you looked at some of the links in this thread?

Stones at Tiahuanaco still today have marks caused by them being smashed by stone pounders.

Interior cuts on the stones at Puma Punku show evidence of chiseling at the inside corners.
The above things appear in the linked PDF from Hanslune that compares the Inca stonemasonry to that of Tiahuanaco (Puma Punku.)

I am certain that all stone in the ancient past was cut using pounding stones and copper (or, later, bronze) saws used with abrasives, and fire, which softens stones like granite and diorite, andesite and etc. Shaping was accomplished with pounding stones, saws, chisels, and rubbing stones.

And that's all it takes.

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Recently published findings also show trawling nets from around 40'000 years - designed for use in deep sea. Despite the fact we know aborigines got to Australia around 50'000 years ago, this is further corroborating evidence that at one point in our history, our ancestors were capable of proper ocean navigation. Deep sea nets shows far more comfort and knowledge of the oceans than merely clinging to mats been flung across the oceans.

It is just more evidence that at various points in our existence, something has happened that has made us all stupid again! The differences between the Roam age and the Medieval age always leave me staggered how so much could have been lost over such a short (relatively) period of time.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by gort51

Recently published findings also show trawling nets from around 40'000 years - designed for use in deep sea.

I would be very interested in seeing this research.

Can you link to it?

Harte

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join