It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Predicts $7 a Gallon Gas in USA This Summer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Money News

"We are going to have a crisis, a crisis on energy like you've never seen before, and if you see gasoline is going to be at $4 and it already is at $4 — the highest it's ever been in history at this time of the year," Trump tells CNBC.

"Oil continues to go up, gasoline is going to be at $5 or $6 or maybe $7 a gallon in the summer when they really have the demand. And it's going to really be destructive to this country."

Don't blame speculators on rising prices either. OPEC countries are ensuring prices stay high by regulating output, Trump said. "OPEC is the one that's setting the prices and OPEC is laughing at us like nobody's ever laughed before," Trump says, adding swings in energy prices threaten the U.S. more than big banks, which continue to receive blame from politicians, regulators and the Occupy Wall Street movement for the economy's woes.

Well .. say what you will about 'The Donald' ... but he does undersand international business and finance. I don't know about $7 a gallon. That's kind of hard to believe. It would have to come very fast. But I suppose an Israeli strike (or anyone's strike) on Iran could very well do it. Trump puts the blame on OPEC for this. In the past (on TV) he has said that the Obama administrations ineptitude in all this , and Obama's inability to deal with OPEC and the Chinese (etc etc) in financial matters, is causing the financial world to laugh at the USA. In this article he puts the blame on OPEC, but leaves out what he said about Obama not dealing with OPEC as he should.

Anyways .. whatever ... Donald Trump has predicted up to $7 a gallon for gas this summer.
Time will tell if 'The Donald' is right or not.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Maybe in Los Angeles and New York.

Most of the country won't see over $4, unless Obama drops the ball and helps Israel.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
From his corporate perspective if he is relating Iran and Israel issues to the gas then he may be warning in a way of future events. Now imagine if true how this will effect the already financial strained.

edit on 2/22/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
N'awww thats cute.

I already pay £1.32+ for 1 LITER of petrol, not a freakin gallon, which is closer to $5/gallon already

I'd love to enjoy US petrol prices.,..

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
must be my local servers, but the Money Talk link just loaded waay too slow to get a page up

anyhow... most others including myself voiced our thought that gasoline would hit $5 US gallon this year

but Donald, being the over-the-top-kinda guy he is claims that $7 per US gallon is likely
... i guess that's why he's been broke, millionaire, broke then a multi-multi-millionaire in an long chain of ups & downs

i will try to link the story
thanks

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Who cares what Donald Trump has to say.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I sure hope he is wrong,
already 3.85 in fl. and I know
it is much worse in other places like California.
Saudi Arabia said they would
pick up for the slack Iran would
cause in the chain, and then the next
day week Opec says they are *decreasing*
supplies. What the hell is that all about?
They have it rigged, and while Donald Trump
makes this prediction, he is not going
to go broke from this, some Americans will.
The systems rigged from top to bottom.
edit on 22-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

but Donald, being the over-the-top-kinda guy he is claims that $7 per US gallon is likely
... i guess that's why he's been broke, millionaire, broke then a multi-multi-millionaire in an long chain of ups & downs

This is why I have a little respect for the man and I do at least listen to what he has to say. I would not want him as President, but as an advisor I think he can be invaluable. He is a testament to getting back on his feet, dusting himself off and going at again when he gets knocked down. He has seen a lot and done a lot and through trial and error he has a good grasp on what does and does not work.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I love listening to The Donald. He's a hoot. He's like a game show host ... but he does understand
international business and finance. I wouldn't want to see him as POTUS, but he certainly understands
enough to be an advisor. Sure, he's got a zesty personality ... but everyone is entitled to do their own thing.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You give the Donald way too much credit. Other people have been saying this for years. He's just biting off the analysis of others. His explanation is also incorrect. We only get 18% of our oil from OPEC members so they cannot be driving the price up that much.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The way tensions are increasing, Donald may not be too far off. Even if we hit $6 and some change it will be bad. However, in a last minute effort in the short months leading up to the Election, Super Obama flies in to rescue the nation and bring gas prices down to an affordable $4.50 a gallon. Yeah!! Our hero! Let's vote for him.

Or, We have option two. Obama uses these escalating gas prices to justify our increasing military presence in in Central Africa and eventually Eastern Africa all the way to the Coast and the shipping lanes.

This latest News just came across my teletype. Our Spec Ops forces now have bases in 4 Volatile African Nations. There's oil in them there nations and we want it. Exploit them and keep the US green ha ha ha
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Even if we hit $6 and some change it will be bad. However, in a last minute effort in the short months leading up to the Election, Super Obama flies in to rescue the nation and bring gas prices down to an affordable $4.50 a gallon. Yeah!! Our hero! Let's vote for him.

The only thing chucklehead Obama will do is release some of our reserves to pacify us while the real plan goes forward. Release just enough reserves to lower the price a little only to shut the people up for a few days. Nothing would change, the book is still the same, just a different cover.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, you can't wage a war against a major oil-producing nation and not expect oil prices to go up, now can you? Neocons and their MIC/zionist backers have been slavering at the chance for war with Iran, and if they get their wishes then I hope gas does go up to $7 in the US - maybe after they drive the economy of the world into the toilet people will finally wake up to these globalist's madness.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Yeah..but to be fair...He did predict that his haircut was a good idea....

Wait a minute....

No but seriously, people really, he is only parroting what others have been saying for quite some time now. Hardly a prediction. I can also say that it is going to be hot in Texas this summer...
edit on 22-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Well, you can't wage a war against a major oil-producing nation and not expect oil prices to go up, now can you? Neocons and their MIC/zionist backers have been slavering at the chance for war with Iran, and if they get their wishes then I hope gas does go up to $7 in the US - maybe after they drive the economy of the world into the toilet people will finally wake up to these globalist's madness.

Nope, people will still be asleep at the wheel.
They will still beg and plead for the very government that is destroying America to save them.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Just be glad if you live far away from the greater Orlando Fl. area

alk about pain at the pump! Some Florida drivers are spending nearly $6 a gallon to fill up their gas tanks.

According to GasBuddy.com, motorists are shelling out $5.89 for a gallon of regular gas at a Shell station in Lake Buena Vista, topping out at $5.99 a gallon for premium. It doesn’t get better at a Suncoast Energy station in Orlando, where drivers are paying $5.79 for a gallon of regular.

“Prices over in the Disney World area are much higher than any other place in Florida,” Jessica Brady, AAA spokeswoman, told CBS Tampa, adding that people regularly complain about gas prices in that area.

The Sunshine State is opening up its wallet, paying an average of $3.67 a gallon of unleaded gas, 12 cents more than the national average. And it’s only expected to go up.

Sucks to be a wealthy foreigner traveling to Disney World.

tampa.cbslocal.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Trump is trying to predict the ways of the .01% as he is just on the
edge of the 1% but should not impress any one.
The 20 mpg car is perhaps in a majority but for perhaps two years now
the gas prices are reflecting the 40 mpg car already by 3x the prices.
I noticed monthly gas going $30 to $90 but perhaps they got me at the start
of a new month. With more anticipated car sales with higher efficiencies or
no gas requirement at all the prices will go up to fill the void.

Great for Trump, I predict even higher gas prices when real Tesla cars take the
road. Iron pipe transformation of energy from the environment for power should
be a boon to the .01% hording all the metal and giving us plastic to use especially
if oil is used in the processing. Expect plastic cars with plastic motors and bio
fuel but some how the oil will be used.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Your going to see 7.00 a Gallon on Gas

Inevitably

It's a given

It's absolute FACT

Here is why: The USA has a MINIMUM of 800 Billion Barrels of Shale available which is 3x more oil produce-able than Saudi Arabia or more than Double Iran and Saudi Arabia combined, There are estimates that there could be as much as 1.8 Trillion Barrels in total

Canada has as much as 2 Trillion Barrels of Crude that can be produced but it's in far reaching locations and very expensive to access

so North America Can produce and has a Minimum of 2 Trillion Barrels of oil reserve as much as 4 Trillion

2 Trillion Barrels is more than the entire middle east and Venezuela combined

It doesn't matter to us if we wait 20 years until China and India suck the entire Middle East dry or if we go to war and just watch everything burn, when it's done to produce shale, Gas will cost about 7.00 and change per Gallon, to access the Canadian oil it would run about 5.65 a A gallon AND we are the Farm Land of the world and Biodiesel is available to us in quantity and that runs around 6.00 plus at the pu,p to be viable

So gas is going to 7.00 a Gallon at some point, if it happens sooner that the mideast falls apart all the better for the Nation that controls most of the world remaining Oil...THE USA, it's expensive but WE posses it, we become the worlds oil supply when the price of gas goes high enough/mideast reserves are low enough

This is FACT not Theory

Now by 2030, estimates are that the USA will be running around 65% electric cars, which means over time for the average commuter, Gas won't actually cost them any more at 7,00 plus a Gallon that it does now at 4.00 every week because we will be personally using 1/5 the amount of gas to get where we are going

Can China and India pull that off? No way, the developing world will be using Gas engines mostly for another 50-60 years minimum, most don't even own cars yet let alone electric cars

we will suffer for a time now, until people buy electric cars at that price sure but long term we are assured of another American economic century, particularly if the Mideast burns

Trump is right, sooner or later your paying 7.00 a Gallon

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordnightstalker
Now by 2030, estimates are that the USA will be running around 65% electric cars, which means over time for the average commuter, Gas won't actually cost them any more at 7,00 plus a Gallon that it does now at 4.00 every week because we will be personally using 1/5 the amount of gas to get where we are going

Can China and India pull that off? No way, the developing world will be using Gas engines mostly for another 50-60 years minimum, most don't even own cars yet let alone electric cars

we will suffer for a time now, until people buy electric cars at that price sure but long term we are assured of another American economic century, particularly if the Mideast burns

Trump is right, sooner or later your paying 7.00 a Gallon

Um...you might want to check up on that.

China has implemented a plan to have 5,000,000 EV's on the road by 2015. The US would like to have 1,000,000 EV's on the road by 2015.

China will be EV and PHEV superior to the US by the end of the decade.

As of right now, both China and India have an absolute advantage in this regard. They do not have to face current replacement costs as such large numbers of their population do not currently (or have ever) owned a vehicle.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Math my friend Math

Even if China paces us on electric vehicles and attains 65% of the population by 2030 just like us

They will still have more Gas burning vehicles to fuel than we do in the United States right now so long as they keep growing

It really is only a positive if India and China compete in regards to electric cars because 2 Trillion Barrels wont last forever either, if both of them combined end up buying as much oil from us in that time frame as we buy oil right now with 2.7 Billion people respectively vs our current 300 Million that's still awesome, assures an incredible amount of oil sales assures our wealth and makes the stuff last a couple of hundred years as opposed to 40

Good money coming in over a century and a Half best out fantastic money over 30 years any day

Some oil will always be needed it's used for lost of stuff besides cars after all and cars will always or for a heck of a long time to come need some oil even if for lubrications

Realistically just Chinas and Indias Plastics industry could keep us in oil sales forever with a tidy tax revenue even if cars needed no oil at all in 70 years lets say.

and yeah not everyone in those nations have vehicles now, but they sure want them.

edit on 22-2-2012 by lordnightstalker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join