It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama sings duet with BB King at White House blues concert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Barack Obama sings duet with BB King at White House blues concert

www.telegrap h.co.uk

The President delighted guests at the White House with another impromptu singing performance.

This time it was a duet with Blues legend BB King at the 'In Performace at the White House' event.

It took some effort from King's fellow musician Buddy Guy to persuade President Obama to partake in a reprisal of 'Sweet Home Chicago' but he was soon singing a few bars from the classic hit about his home city

It is not the first time crowds have been treated to his presidential vocals. In...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I hate to say it but I really, really like this guy! He is so nice and down to earth, he has so much charisma! Everything a President should be (and thats coming from a British person living in the UK who has never been to America before LOL)

I just think it is really WRONG that he is partying and having fun like this when he is inflicting terror and war on so many other people in the world. And not to mention all the soldiers we have lost in his evil quest to conquer the worlds oil reserves!

www.telegrap h.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by benjamin2012

I love it!

As far as his mood while at war... It's something we all have to do... Carry on in our lives. How much better of a president would he be if he was moping around all the time because of our current situation? He wouldn't. In fact, a little R&R is necessary for him to keep balance in his life and keep doing his job.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I am glad he is having fun while the rest of the USA struggles with daily life!!

Gas prices?? We won't worry about that....

Unemployment?? Naaaaa

Economy?? HUH

Poor?? What??

No, I would rather sing and have fun and let the world go round......

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It seems whenever there is an on going crisis or when something challenging comes up Obama rests or goes on vacation or hangs out with his rich celebrity friends...This president has divided the country!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by benjamin2012
I hate to say it but I really, really like this guy! He is so nice and down to earth, he has so much charisma!

'Nice'. 'Down to Eath'. 'Charisma'. Okay .... He is also elite and corrupt and a liar ... but that 'Charisma' takes care of all that I suppose.
What he doesn't have is experience or the ability to take care of the problems of this nation. He never should have been elected. The dems screwed up. It should have been Hillary or Bill Richardson.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Looking at this thread I get the feeling there is something that prevents Obama haters from having any sort of fun. I assume because war exist? Or something? I don't know.

At any rate, if current events are making you so depressed you cant even enjoy your self at all. Well, then thats your fault, not Obama's.

Even though bad things sometimes happen to some people, that doesn't mean we cant enjoy ourselves.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
'Nice'. 'Down to Eath'. 'Charisma'. Okay .... He is also elite and corrupt and a liar ... but that 'Charisma' takes care of all that I suppose.

Actually, the charisma doesn't wipe out the fact that he's a politician. He IS elite, somewhat corrupt and I am sure he has lied. He can be both. And he is.

What he doesn't have is experience or the ability to take care of the problems of this nation.

He's got nearly 4 years' recent experience AS president. How can you say he doesn't have the experience? And, from my perspective (which I know is very different from yours) he has the ability to handle the nation's problems quite well. He's probably doing a better job than Hillary or Bill could have done... (And I wanted Bill to run president)

edit on 2/22/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Check it. Thats cool as hell.

Tell me that wasn't awesome.

Unrelated, but maybe even cooler.
edit on 22-2-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I saw that on the news this morning. Obama has a very good voice.
4 more years.......

I heard Romney sing the other day, I hope HE doesn't do that again :shk: I had to turn the sound down.
Our PM Harper has shown himself singing before too, and the whole country groans - he isn't very good either. Better than Romney though.

edit on 22-2-2012 by snowspirit because: sp

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

thanks for inbedding the vid!

the second one you posted, is that real or CGI??? LOL

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It's CGI. The original video is included here:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

WOW! If it hadn't of been Obama in the video then i wouldn't have questioned the authenticity of it, amazing CGI!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I was going to like this...but there is war in the world...so I must be forever depressed

j/k....this is awesome

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He's probably doing a better job than Hillary or Bill could have done...

I HIGHLY doubt that. Bill Richardson is BEYOND qualified. With his experience he could mop the floor with community organizer Obama. But the only way we'd ever find out is if Obama stepped aside and then we could have a Richardson/Hillary ticket. They'd clean up ... no worries about Obama or Mitt or Newt getting in for 2012. The country would actually have people who knew what the hell they were doing in the Oval office ... it would be nice.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
There sure is a lot of partying and carrying on in the White House for a nation at it's lowest point since the Great Depression...and still falling in many ways. We're still in one war and engaged in actions across half a dozen other nations. Another brand new war seems imminent. Wow....but there is always time for another party at the White House.
Err.......

I wouldn't have begrudged Bill Clinton this...I wouldn't have even said it was necessarily out of line for Daddy Bush. The economy and America in general were doing well and hope was strong for better times ahead. The President had good reasons to feel good...regardless of the fact they were totally different men and parties.

Obama though? Aside from the fact he is in the position of power and CAN throw a party whenever the mood strikes him....I'm missing exactly what the occasion is for all this laughter and happiness in the house where answers and solutions are SUPPOSED to be worked on during times of national crisis.

I can't help but think of that 3am ringing phone ad that has reappeared in some places. There is no one to answer the 3am crisis phone now a days because they're all too exhausted getting over the private gala party they had the night before.
Presidents ought to work...hell, at least make it LOOK like there is work going on.

new topics

top topics

join