UN nuclear agency says Iran blocked attempts to probe alleged atomic arms work in Tehran talks

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

UN nuclear agency says Iran blocked attempts to probe alleged atomic arms work in Tehran talks


www.washingtonpost.com

VIENNA — The U.N. nuclear agency acknowledged renewed failure Wednesday after a trip to probe suspicions of covert Iranian nuclear weapons work, in a statement issued just hours after an Iranian general warned of a pre-emptive strike against any foe threatening the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)



Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran Warns of Pre-Emptive Action in Nuclear Dispute




posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Things are just getting worse and worse, it was only hours after an Iranian general threatened pre-emptive strikes against anyone who poses a threat to Iran that this news article comes out. Iran really isn't doing itself any favour and has basically invited tougher sanctions by the UN.

it seems to me that diplomacy continues to fail and the only course of action is some sort of military operation or perhaps a blockade on Iran to stop it receiving supplies needed to continue nuclear development.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)


la2

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Isnt this what happened to in Iraq before the US invasion?

The IAEA carry alot of weight at the security council, refusing them entry will really spur the US/Israel on, thank god for the Russian and Chinese veto's



posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Just a quick thought. What if the apparently insane Iranian steps actually make sense?

Iran is telling America "Nyah, Nyah, Go ahead and blow us up! Your mother is stinky and nobody likes you." Eventually you have to hit the kid or walk away. If Iran is betting correctly that the US will walk away, then Iran can say to the world "We outfaced that paper tiger. The US isn't so tough. You guys should follow us, the new King of the Mountain. We'll make a new Middle-East that will really scare that US Great Satan."

The odds of Obama going to war over Iran before elections? Darn small in my opinion.


la2

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952
 


I'd agree, but i think its never been the US attacking that worries people, its Israel saying enough is enough, then the US coming in like a white night to rescue Israel will look good to the electorate.



posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Just a quick thought. What if the apparently insane Iranian steps actually make sense?

Iran is telling America "Nyah, Nyah, Go ahead and blow us up! Your mother is stinky and nobody likes you." Eventually you have to hit the kid or walk away. If Iran is betting correctly that the US will walk away, then Iran can say to the world "We outfaced that paper tiger. The US isn't so tough. You guys should follow us, the new King of the Mountain. We'll make a new Middle-East that will really scare that US Great Satan."

The odds of Obama going to war over Iran before elections? Darn small in my opinion.


You realise if Obama goes to war, he could extend his time in office or delay the elections? IMO US has no reason no reason not to strike.



posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I've been on this site for a long time and still cant post so I will just post this here.

ALERT - United Nations To Seize Control Of Internet ?!?



Video Links -

The U.N. Threat To Internet Freedom
online.wsj.com...

U.S. DECLARES WAR ON IRAN (02/17/2012)
www.youtube.com...

U.N. Nuke Agency Reports Failed Iran Talks (02/21/2012)
www.foxnews.com...



posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatestit seems to me that diplomacy continues to fail and the only course of action is some sort of military operation or perhaps a blockade on Iran to stop it receiving supplies needed to continue nuclear development.


Aha! But for diplomacy to fail, diplomacy must first be attempted.

I haven't seen any evidence of diplomacy. Dare I say it? I dare. Pics, or it didn't happen.



posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2

Isnt this what happened to in Iraq before the US invasion?

The IAEA carry alot of weight at the security council, refusing them entry will really spur the US/Israel on, thank god for the Russian and Chinese veto's


But if Iran has no nuclear material or testing at this Parchin site, why should the IAEA be allowed in? Does the US let the IAEA into Area 51 and every other military base and/or research facility?



posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

Originally posted by TheGreatestit seems to me that diplomacy continues to fail and the only course of action is some sort of military operation or perhaps a blockade on Iran to stop it receiving supplies needed to continue nuclear development.


Aha! But for diplomacy to fail, diplomacy must first be attempted.

I haven't seen any evidence of diplomacy. Dare I say it? I dare. Pics, or it didn't happen.


Obama's very elusive when war is in the air, I didn't have my camera on me



posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
As for Obama, I believe him being re-elected will depend on how things turn out. We've had several presidents relected to office for another term during war, starting with Lincoln and the civil war:

William McKinley - Spanish American war
Franklin D. Roosevelt - WW2
Richard Nixon - Vietnam
George W. Bush - Iraq

But, if you look at that, Nixon became president while Vietnam was already underway, and was pursuing peace talks.
Dwight D. Eisenhower promised to get the US out of the Korean war and was elected
Woodrow Wilson was re-elected with the slogan "He kept us out of war" prior to the US then becoming involved in WW1

I think if Obama out right attacks Iran, it will cost him being re-elected. If Israel attacks and the US comes to their aid, again, I think it will cost him re-election.
If, on the other hand, Iran does something stupid (or a false flag to make it look that way....hard to tell anymore, since pretty much every one on here thinks just about everything was a "false flag"....look! Snoopy is eating dog food! Don't believe it! It's a false flag!), and the US does get involved, I think he might be re-elected. Sort of like Woodrow Wilson: He kept us out of war! type of deal.





top topics
 
0

log in

join