It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If Cancer Could Be Cured by Starlight? Astronomers Consider a New Approach To Cancer Research.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

When you look up at the night sky -- whether with the naked eye or with your spiffy Celestron telescope -- how often do you stop to consider which chemical elements might be present in their gassy glow? Astronomers use several different methods to study how different chemicals emit and absorb radiation inside stars (and even black holes), but they get widely varying results. Now astronomers think they might have a new technique for doing so, with an added bonus: it could also lead to a potential new cancer radiation treatment capable of precisely targeting tumors without damaging the surrounding healthy tissue.

Apparently, an astronomer at Ohio State University described the research at the International Symposium on Molecular Spectroscopy in June.

Wonder how long it will take them to squash this new research.

Source:

news.discovery.com...

(Sorry Mods.. I seem to have hit the wrong forum here. Please move!)
edit on 22-2-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
... why looking for help with cancer up? "hemp" grow on ground and can help to...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Yeah they must be on to something considering that they tell us the closest star, the sun is up there with the leading causes of cancer. I know there are different elements on different stars etc but I cant believe this sorry. Now I like the hemp idea though

join