It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157
Taking the life of anything other than for personal survival is illogical
Unfortunately is something that happens every day,the "logic of taking lives" is opposing the miracle of giving life.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

The LCDR, a rugged, rough hardened man cried as he turned away. Every day I go into work taking my job on as life-and-death ever since.
Fortunately there were not many incidents lately, only in certain places, and I hope will not happen,Ever, because such an incident....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I am an animal lover, but I love people more.
For those who love people animals will be safe.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Just hard to know WHEN and WHERE. TIME and PLACE for everything
The time has come as time has gone,with no place to go.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mus8472

All life is important, you never know when saving someone or something could make a difference.
Or somewhere....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Where do you ant lovers stand on abortion?

Where do you ant lovers stand on bacteria? Viruses? (not much different in scale from humans to ants: ants to microscopic) Are antiviral meds a no-no in your book? How about Lysol?

How about trees, cut them down and build things with them or burn them for warmth. A tree is alive much more so than an ant or fruitfly. Got wood?

Human life is what is sacred. Squashing a bug or rodent does not make one a bad person. Comparing human life to any other earthly creature's life is inane.

It still reeks of hypocrisy in here.
edit on 24-2-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I save the bug people everyday. I also rescue toads, frogs lizard and snake people. And any bird or other warm-blooded that need the intervention of a human to survive its situation. I rescue sick and injured cats and dogs and have them treated and spayed and neutered. If they are suitable I try to find them forever homes, if they are not because of illness or injury, they get added to the menagerie. (All at my expense, even if I know who they belong to.) I have also opened my home on many occasions to people who had no where else to go or were hungry.

I don't know if my actions have saved any human lives, I do know that there many of the Creator's finned, feathered, furred or scaled children which survived because of my actions. I do this becaubelieveleive it is what we are supposed to do. Because it is right; not because of any religious invective.

I think you do those like myself a disservice. There are many more of us than you apparently know. I think that is because we just do what we do. We ask for no recognition or recompense. In this world we are the hands of the Creator, we behave accordingly.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Every time you eat a fruit or vegetable, you eat something that was once living.

Life, feeds on life, feeds on life, feeds on life..

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I dont know if this really counts in accordance to the OP's intent, but i stopped my significant others urge to smoke, thus extending her years (i hope). On the other end of the spectrum like some of the others have said i believe it is our intent that ultimately clarifies our character, not necessarily how many insects we've placed in another uncontrolled invironment. If we INTEND to do good unconditionally and geniunely help the lives of others then i believe that speaks for itself. However, our organic biochemistry is designed over so many years to 'hunt and gather' for the prosperity of its species. So we naturally have a unconscious need to kill. Now that instinct is being deminished and replaced the more we feed on controlled systems and rely on eachother to provide rather than ourselves. History has shown a nasty harmony of this vicious circle of life that needs death to survive.

Saving every life on earth dives into a very deep philosophical debate whether its intended or not, which includes fate and spiritual implications. I think we all have a choice to improve the quality of life, but only if we choose to.

However this steady incline of codependancy i believe will eventually be detrimental to the human survival based soley on the fact that we've become so dependant on systems i.e. Farmers, Butchers, Electricity.. (i for one am) If one of those chains were to be knocked off kilter i believe our ethics and choices would dramatically change. It would than become a fight to survive and generally speaking i believe a handful of the populous would be able to withstand a crush to our everyday life like a power outage. So i guess my point is the life saving you do in your spare time can be measured by the lives saved under duress. Ultimately your true intentions will be exposed. Thats where the true character of a person lies.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I don't believe that is true. So much of the bible is corruption. I believe he was a very special mystery eastern influence, from Egypt, who knows, even Buddhist, and influenced by the great philosophers and stoics, and that he was NOT the conventional Jewish emblem I believe he came to teach us to go within, and raise our love, kindness and frequency. That his story was hijacked by rome and the sumar hybrids, after he was murdered for telling who their "father" really was.
reply to post by Unity_99

He observed Passover, dude.
He ate the Passover LAMB. The Messiah was a Jewish figure in keeping with Mosaic Law. And the feasts observed by the Jews were feasts ordained by 'The LORD'.
Not my rules. But Jesus/Yeshua observed them.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The time has come as time has gone,with no place to go.

As Steven Wright once said 'You can't have everything; Where would you put it?'
As long as there is time, space and matter, there is somewhere, somewhen and somehow to put it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

I would not go so far as to say that the OPs question is asinine but at least short-sighted; I work in fire/ems also and so you know that there are several contributors in a save, no-one person can stand up and say I saved that persons life, even (I shoudn't say "even" but rather starting with) the rp that dialed 911 is a contributor. I am a paramedic and there have been a few times where a medical intervenvtion has stopped someone from circling the drain but even then I had help from others and everyone involved (usually) had a hand in it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Yeah I evict insects too I see no point in killing something, even an insect.....pointlessly.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Dear diamondsmith,

Maybe we must go further and ask our selves: What real power is

Perhaps you can elaborate. Power to me is an illusion, influence is all people do. The illusion of power causes many to fool themselves and justify their actions. As for the girl I save, the opportunity and need were there and I was available, it was that simple. Peace.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Dudette, and yes, he did return to his homeland, and would not have fit in otherwise.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
yes sir. Ive saved me some lives.
and i played with a ladybug today.
don't worry... I was very careful!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
20 years Coast Guard. You betcha. In my second 20 years of service, I'm in now training ship drivers in their simulators. Used to also train SOAC and XO schools for every USN sub in the world for years until the got their own simulator in Groton. A USN LCDR came up to me a couple years after he was in the simulators and with a trembling voice explained it was all my credit their sub didn't collide with a super tanker in the Med. Long story short, even though you may be tempted to turn left in international waters in an offset, but still head-on situation, both MUST come right (Andrea Dorea - Stolkholm incident setup). The CO and XO of the sub wanted to come left to open up the CPA, but this OPS off. who had the CONN refused and threw a fit on the bridge almost threatening the CO and XO. In the heat of the argument, the supertanker turned right like it was supposed to. If the sub had turned left it would have been cut in half. The LCDR, a rugged, rough hardened man cried as he turned away. Every day I go into work taking my job on as life-and-death ever since.

Even though I don't know any of these acronyms you toss about in your reply, I applaud you for your hardnosed insistance of protocol. Kudos to you, sir.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I once was the caretaker of a hamster given as a gift to me.

Little did the gift giver know that the little cutie was
with babes to be born soon.

When they arrived,10 was the count,all were so small and naked.
Within a couple of days fur was abound, on each, except one.

Instead of fur that one was already developing 2 good sized front teeth
yet the others were not showing signs of teeth yet .(bumps)

The mother tried to nurse the toothed one but she would push it
away after a very short time.
After another day went by, it was obvious the "odd-one" would die
with out sustenance and was getting to weak try any more.
(still no fur)
So my Mom and I decide to try to save the poor thing, by trying
to feed it with cows milk, not knowing if it could even digest it.
Just had to try!

Well,, after about the third feeding with an eye-dropper It choked,
gagged, convulsed and stopped moving!

WE had Killed it!!

Mom Freaked Out
, turned it on it's back and lightly massaged the
creatures chest.
It coughed twice and was alive once more!! Wow she saved it's life!

Back in the cage with the rest to keep it warm for the night.
I went to sleep also with the little family next to my bed.

A few hours later a cracking/crunching noise awoke me.

The sound came from the cage. I looked in and what do you know..
Mom was eating "odd-one" and 2 of the siblings were also taking part.

"What ever will be will be"

But I will always make the effort to save a "LIFE" when ever I can.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

A few hours later a cracking/crunching noise awoke me.
That is how nature works,which doesn't imply we cannot save lives.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Perhaps you can elaborate.

The illusion of power causes many to fool themselves and justify their actions.
Something like that.

Those who have power are sometimes drunk with this power and no longer deliberates,so that because of drunkenness resulting from too much power, the decisions they take are those that should be opposed.

Drunkenness of power is a state of mind in discrepancy with what should ever be in reality, and is the result of an evolution in time until.....

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join