It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I saved one of my best friends life when we were younger, he was dared to eat half a sandwich in one go(no lie) and he nearly choked until I intervened. We were young(11 or 12), so the stupidity factor could be forgiven.

20 years later and we still hang around with each other, and I sometimes enjoy reminding him who the BOSS is in our relationship!!

I also, like many on here, safely remove insects from my house. I treat life, all life(in my limited understanding) equally, Who are we to say what deserves to exist or perish, the very notion baffles me that some think they are more important than the rest.

EQUALITY is the only path.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I kill spiders and snakes with wreckless abandon and have no guilt what so ever.

As far as what I save and/or protect is none of your business.

If I may, can you please tell us what you eat?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I killed a giant wolf spider last night. He wasn't bothering anybody, but he was really big, and really hairy, and he was in the middle of my tile floor. I tried to negotiate, but he wouldn't leave voluntarily, so I swatted him.

For the record, if I eat 20 chicken wings, does that count as 10 chickens?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I never meant to imply Yeshua was from them, however, but that he spent many years abroad before coming home and probably finding this people backwards and harming others with their theocracies.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I save insects all the time.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Nature gives us the right to take a life in certain circumstances:

1) Self-preservation. All animals on earth have an inherent sense of self-preservation.

2) To eat. All carnivorous animals on earth kill and eat other animals. Humans are omnivores, so we eat meat and eat vegetation. Either way, something is dying (plants are alive, too).

3) For the greater good. This one is controversial. It ties into "self-preservation", but on a larger scale. Example: Hitler's invading army. In nature, some animals will let their babies die if they have a defect. They have a natural instinct to prevent bad genes from becoming dominant in the gene pool, something humans have abandoned. We want to save every life, everywhere. Unfortunately, bad genes contribute to a bad gene pool which only spreads the problem.

To clarify, I do not condone the killing of those born with disabilities (mental retardation, diseases like MD and cystic fibrosis, etc.). I do not condone treating them any differently, but I do believe they should not reproduce. "They should have the right to have children, too!" No, they shouldn't. I'm sorry, but our genes are precious and we should protect our species in this respect.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
ì killed a rat once with my bare hands, but to this day i still have very bad feelings about that...
and i fel asleep once having my pet rat under my sweater (he liked it there
) i guess he choked, but i even tried to resesitate him, but he remained dead

if i can, i do not kill anything, even flies i catch, i release outside
even when snales come outside in the rain to run around i try to avoid, if i step on one, i say a little prayer for the littl guy

so, am i a killer, nope i wouldnt even hurt an ant

saved lots of birds (i have a mouse in my kitchen i wont kill, i even lay food on the floor for him
)

only thing i will kill, is mosquitos, i hate them

greets,

pheniks

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Did you save a life in your life?

No?I thought so!

If I cripple a life that would have otherwise taken lives, have I saved lives?
I am sorry that it is not in power to judge as I don't know the context of the story.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

They have a natural instinct to prevent bad genes from becoming dominant in the gene pool, something humans have abandoned.
Could be more complex then that,as other factors related to paranormal.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I've saved lives, in my life, My brothers, animals, random people who i've stepped up and helped stop things from progressing.

The fact of the matter is, we don't even know if this is life. We only know that this is where we are now, and that we are here saying things in this moment, whats to say after we leave this, we aren't still living, just in another form. Merely is a waste if we are just here and thats it. Nature doesn't waste jack, and I am pretty sure this is merely a pitstop in our ventures.

Life is a fickle thing, if you are aware it's one of the most beautiful things ever, but if you are selfish, you wont even see what you are destroying, and thus becomes alot easier to do.

Really comes down to putting yourself in whomever's footprints, then you may think twice, or a hundred.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I'm glad that you've broached the subject as this is something every caring person should give thought to.
Thank you,I try at least to get an approach to a sensitive issue which should be viewed from many angles,very complicated at the same time because of the human nature we have.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Once our bones rot away into the soil, we become part of the food chain that not only saves ants, but makes them prosper. We all save ants sooner or later. I let the anthill in my drivway exist, knowing a pinch of diazonon would kill them all. They have a right to be here. Bite me and they die.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I believe that those who say that Gaia rules the earth and that humans are parasites are misguided, and are causing or enabling the misguided idea of "sustainability" a la UN Agenda 21, and the Rockefellers de-population agenda which so many people have latched on to, believing that ants lives are more valuable than humans.
Humans cannot be compared with parasites as they have awareness ,the only creatures on Earth with awareness,which should make us think of some ways.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Once our bones rot away into the soil, we become part of the food chain that not only saves ants, but makes them prosper. We all save ants sooner or later
A very philosophical view of things.I like that.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

How do you know we are the only creatures with awareness?

We could find out tomorrow, that all other animals here are just like us, only they are limited by their communication abilities.

Or that, they are more evolved...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Why is it wrong to kill?

I'm not trying to defend killing, I'm just curious as to why we believe it to be wrong?

I get the whole "Don't kill/hurt others, then maybe others won't kill/hurt me" line, makes perfect sense.

I personally don't feel it wrong to kill in certain circumstances, ie, in defence, or killing harmful bacteria, viruses, animals for food etc.

And seeing that there are exceptions to the rule, maybe the "rule" is a fabrication, as there are too many variables.

Thoughts.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

If I may, can you please tell us what you eat?
What all the normal people eat ,different types of meat and vegetables prepared in different ways,eat at different restaurants,all types of normal prepared food.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

We're not the only species with awareness. I'm not sure how some of it works as I tried to explain in the journey I was taken on with nature, it seemed as if I entered a realm of life, as in beehive or extension of earth, the field itself, but at the same time, there was individual expression, but could have been hosted, as a guest even, when I felt lonely. In other words it was different, and not the same individual consciousness that we have.

But dolphins call each other by name, and many creatures exhibit acts of altruism and service to others, willingly, even making that choice, and you can communicate with them.

So we tend to need to extend the respect for all life as individual consciousness, by default, so as to be as kind as possible and not be in error and harm someone due to our lack of knowledge. Its a safeguard that is needed.

The same concept of life but individual consciousness behind all that we are viewing, could also be examined in quantum physics, metaphysics theory or philosophy, regarding the people around us. In personal I've had some indication given that we can be in "private rooms" of earth motel. That "time" is non existent, a construct/program in our reality, that everything we see is perception and a program, including the people around us, and that though they are real, it doesnt mean what we think. Your dear friend could have already made it out the other side, yet the story book we enter continues, and its interactive to our frequency.

However, we need to not assume that about anyone, that is for sure, and accord all with fully functioning consciousness. Its just that, the universe, and earth, is not what we think it is. But we still need to live it, and polish up our love for one another along the way.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moneyisgodlifeisrented

How do you know we are the only creatures with awareness?

We could find out tomorrow, that all other animals here are just like us, only they are limited by their communication abilities.

Or that, they are more evolved...
Because we rule then and have them at our disposal to decide their faith.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I save killer bees all the time. When I am working in the garage, they come in and crawl down into my ginger ale. I have to fish them out and dry them off. After 30 min or so they fly away. Sometimes I take a drink without looking into my glass and they end up on my lips before I realize what is happening.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join