It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

Another empty thread from one of ATS
I like the voice of your "conscience"...if any.

edit on 22-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: " "

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I save animals as often as I can, I'm not some heartless demon.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Thats three lives that I've saved . Then there are the three lives that I created. Paul, Dale and Morgan by beautiful sons.
What a beautiful comparison.

Saving life and giving life

and

Giving life as saving lives.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Iamherefornow
reply to post by smithjustinb

Would it not make more sense to get your female cat spayed so it does not keep having litters of kittens rather than shoot some elses cat?

No. BBs and CO2 cost less that getting a cat fixed.

Plus, I have another male cat that always gets in a fight with this stray. My male cat has a huge hole in his face right now from that SOB due to some territorial issues. All me and my cats are doing is defending our territory which is also completely natural.

Let me ask you... would you rather be spayed, or would you rather me get rid of ther person who keeps making you pregnant against your will. HMMM?

Are you kidding me??
Do you seriously think it's against your cats will to get pregnant

I'm sure it is instinct for her to breed

It is not rape, especially when she is out there howling an invitation, rolling her sent all over the place, going into a front crouch with her rear held up high, crooking her tail to the side in almost an unnatural position. All in preparation for that "SOB"
What makes you so sure that your male is not the papa?

I would rather be spade than pop-out 5 or 6 babies twice a year.
As a matter I took that option after 3 children. BUT your cat doesn't get to make that choice does she??
And what happens to all of the offspring?
Ever hear of "live traps"?
Prevention omits having to put down a whole litter or 10 !

What will stop her from getting pregnant again if you kill the stray ? Are there no other cats for miles around you? The breeding scent can be smelled by other cats a long way away

edit on 22-2-2012 by azureskys because: added thought

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I don't kill mice, spiders, ants, bugs, whatever!i saw enough death and destruction in war.it was that bad!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Good topic. I too save spiders, and don't fear them near as much as I used to. I once tried to save a lizard from my cat who found it in a plant I brought inside. Well, I had to chase the cat and the damage was already done, but I held him/her and talked to it until it took its last breath.

Every living thing deserves some respect. Now, when it comes to kill or be killed I'm sure I would change my mind. I am strongly against any death penalty. I do believe in true self defense and realize the line can get fuzzy, but I don't believe we are making the right decision when we put someone to death for their crimes. Life in prison? Yes Put to death? No

Now, this is where things get blurry for me and I have to start questioning every thing. What about our food from the grocery store? What about plants? What about flies that literally will not go away even after you've battled them for an hour and they are puking on your food? It's a lot to think about and try to get right within your self.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Gumerk because: clarification

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

What do you know that I don't?
Some coordinates as they know,as they think that those are,and yes they are.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
When I was a teenager, I did a lot of things...I'm not proud of, so I could eat. Living in the streets ain't easy you know. Anyways my friends got in trouble with a rival group/gang and had go into hiding. These guys convinced another guy close to me to get me in their turf so they could get info out of me about where they were hiding. Thing is I didn't say a damn thing. But the guy that tricked me knew where they were but didn't remember and during the conversation he remembered and told them (f*****g snitch). After they got their info they took my "friend" with them and let me go since I didn't have anything to do with the problem but not before cheking if had a cell phone or something. Being in that game for a while you get smart real quick...I had hidden my cell phone in my sock as soon as I got taken to their turf by my "friend". As soon as I was safe I called my buddies and told them to get the hell out of the house NOW! At first they thought I was kidding but my voice breaking up as I assure them that there were 2 cars on their way to go kill them, convinced them. My buddies had to move to the US after that. Nowadays they're married and have kids. Sometimes when I ask how their babies are they say "oh they beautiful, they gettin' big..thanks to you" This was back in '05-'06, I cant believe the stupid stuff I did when I was younger.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Since you mentioned it, yes, yes I have! First of all it would have started when I was much younger and still living in my parents home. I saved three different puppies (runts) that the mother rejected. I saved two kittens who's mother had been hit by a car. Then I worked in a vets office where I helped save lives on a regular basis. Fast forward till I had my second son 13 years ago now and when he was 1 week old he stopped breathing three different times and had to be resuscitated and put on a monitor for a year. More recently I saved a kitten that someone threw away in a business dumpster when she was just two weeks old, Lola is alive and well and one of my favorite cats!
Despite a broken tail she is none the worse for wear! Bugs, birds, rodents, cats, dogs, and kids.. I've saved many. I hate typing it out like that though, it sounds boastful, but I don't mean it that way. Even if no one ever knew, it wouldn't change anything.

My life isn't anywhere near over yet and I fully intend on saving more lives!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Brad-H

Sentient or not, I believe every living creature has a place on this planet, we're all connected anyway.
I agree as long as they do not do any harm.

Are you a vegetarian? Is it OK for others to take a life for you?

I saved my sister when she was 4, I was about 11 and she was blue, coking to death, my Mother started crying and dragging her toward the door...I grabbed her pulled her upside down and whacked her back...My father died choking and I guess my mother who watched him die was just overwhelmed so I acted.

I personally think every creature has a right to life and raising their young in peace without being torturered by anyone.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I used to stomp on ants, but not anymore. I also make a conscious effort not to kill those stink bugs that have been a big issue here. Although if I see one in the bathroom, sometimes I freak out, grab toilet paper, grab the stink bug, and flush it down the toilet. So.. guilty as charged.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It is apparent that no one here has stepped on a fire ant mound in their yard. Yup. Buy Amdro by the pound. The only reason they exist is to pi$$ people off.

I have saved a human life or two. Does that count?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I admit I'm guilty of killing many a life forms, mostly by accident, but you know what? I did save some, even my daughter's life, which brings me to my other point: I also helped in creating life, though I admit it only took me a few minutes each time!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I have saved the life of my beautiful cat,Cassy,whom i got at the SPCA years ago (a terrible pity that they now charge you 100's of ZAR if you want to adopt an animal,if im correct its either 300 or 500 ZAR now,for a cat,so dogs would be even more expensive..which is especialy hard on the cats there,as you so often see advertised "free kittens to good homes"..however my next cat will also be from the SPCA-im prepared to make many sacrifices to afford this)..also i saved a baby hawk and a baby loerie bird,we have a doctor in the town,who has a small sanctuary at his house for birds+snakes,so i passed them on to him..ive saved many frogs,beetles and gecko's from my cats..so yeah.Only wish i had the money to start something equivalent to the SPCA,but without the high adoption fees.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

What about our food from the grocery store? What about plants? What about flies that literally will not go away even after you've battled them for an hour and they are puking on your food? It's a lot to think about and try to get right within your self.
Those were left for a certain purpose.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I have saved my girlfriends life once. she almost choke to death that day. something woke me out of my sleep and i automatically ran to the bathroom were i found her laying on the floor. if it wasn't for that she wouldn't be here today.

i personally believe that one life is equal to all life.
i don't think i could sacrifice one life to save another.
but that just me
edit on 22-2-2012 by samaria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I came across the squirrel and shot him in the neck for attacking my dog.
Cut his penis off too.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I saved a life once. My ex girl friend overdosed on some sort of medication in an attempt to kill herself. I stayed on the phone with her and made her tell her parents or id call the police. She ended up having to go to the hospital and get her stomach pumped. I was no older than 14. I was pretty shaken up about this.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by boredsilly
when a mosquito bites you what do you do?
Asking him politely not to bite.(joking of course)

Just blow them off, it works. The one I let drink did thank me, but there are diseases carried so I suggest blowing them off.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BelowPublicKnowledge

She ended up having to go to the hospital and get her stomach pumped. I was no older than 14. I was pretty shaken up about this.
At an emotional state level it is,as this can leave traces.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join