It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That Obama is Determined to Divide Our Nation (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Anyone see Obama's latest campaign ad that launched Feb. 1? Please don't call me a racist for thinking that this ad is out of line. Obama is the master of the manipulation of all things along racial lines. So is his wife (wrote her Harvard thesis on the topic of being a Black Woman at Harvard).

This is not good for a President who campaigned to bring our nation together... Who campaigned to stop the very thing that he has been feeding since day one.

Disgraceful! Anything to get an edge for Obama...

Obama's African Americans for Obama Campaign

edit on 22-2-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Anyone catch the fairness rhetoric? Everyone pays their fair share? So nearly 50% of the population paying zero federal income tax is now Fair? Marginalizing the middle class is fair? Pandering to voters solely on the basis of race is now fair?

ETA: I stand corrected, Obama did not say pay your fair share. He just wants everything to be fair and for everyone to be on an even field. LIfe does not work that way. You create your own field and then cut the grass every week. Don't rely on the govt. to cut it for you.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
How is this video dividing our nation? I think perhaps you're letting your racism show.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Anyone catch the fairness rhetoric? Everyone pays their fair share? So nearly 50% of the population paying zero federal income tax is now Fair? Marginalizing the middle class is fair? Pandering to voters solely on the basis of race is now fair?

He's not talking about taxes... he's talking about putting time into the community. Point out the part where he says the word "tax". No really. Stop being racist. Are you a Ron Paul supporter? I'd bet $50 you are.

EDIT: And the quote is "Everyone does their fair share". Not "pays". Stop putting words in Obama's mouth.
edit on 22-2-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Obama is "Everyman": to some, he claims to be a Christian, to others, he shows his Muslim roots.
For others still, he is a staunch supporter of Israel. He is as White as he wants to be and as Black as he needs to be. Obama, the great silver-tongued chameleon, the ultraman of the NWO.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by jibeho

He's not talking about taxes... he's talking about putting time into the community. Point out the part where he says the word "tax". No really. Stop being racist. Are you a Ron Paul supporter? I'd bet $50 you are.

EDIT: And the quote is "Everyone does their fair share". Not "pays". Stop putting words in Obama's mouth.
edit on 22-2-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

Your are correct. Obama did not say pay your fair share. But I know what he means when he wants an even playing field for everyone. He's been trying to hit up a certain income bracket for his entire term now. Funny, what my ears heard when he started in on the fairness BS.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
How is this video dividing our nation? I think perhaps you're letting your racism show.

I'll be waiting for Ron Paul's new White Americans for Paul campaign shortly. Right? The President is supposed to bring us together not divide us and old style ads like this do nothing to bridge any gaps. It just feeds the minds of those like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and those who still believe their marginalizing hype.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It's called focusing on a target demographic. Everyone that wants to be successful does this.

Here is a Ron Paul ad campaign targeted towards women.

Sarah Palin targeting women in a campaign speech

Hillary Clinton adopting a southern accent to appeal to southerners

Hillary Clinton giving a speech at a Woman's only convention

Is it dividing? It could be. It's no more dividing than people calling themselves democrat or republican.

Every politician focuses on target demographics to a certain extent, the Obama ad is just clearly more visible and less sneaky about it.

Having a two party system is what is REALLY dividing the nation.

edit on 22-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Its not that simple and not that innocent based on what I have read here

www.barackobama.com...

Obama is aiming to hold the entire deck in his hands. How dare anyone call him out on it!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
A little bit about "Fairness" Obama's central theme.

The Fairness Fraud

To ask whether life is fair -- either here and now, or at any time or place around the world, over the past several thousand years -- is to ask a question whose answer is obvious. Life has seldom been within shouting distance of fair, in the sense of even approximately equal prospects of success.

Countries whose politicians have been able to squander ever larger amounts of a nation's resources have not only failed to make the world more fair, the concentration of more resources and power in these politicians' hands has led to results that were often counterproductive at best, and bloodily catastrophic at worst.

More fundamentally, the question whether life is fair is very different from the question whether a given society's rules are fair. Society's rules can be fair in the sense of using the same standards of rewards and punishments for everyone. But that barely scratches the surface of making prospects or outcomes the same.

Perhaps Obama can answer this

Obama readily admitted that. But he said that "fairness" justified a higher tax rate on "the rich." Yet how does a higher tax rate on paper, without a real increase in the amount of taxes actually collected, promote fairness?

However, raising tax rates on "the rich" pays off politically, even if the government loses revenues when the rich put their money into tax shelters.

High tax rates in the upper income brackets allow politicians to win votes with class warfare rhetoric, painting their opponents as defenders of the rich. Meanwhile, the same politicians can win donations from the rich by creating tax loopholes that can keep the rich from actually paying those higher tax rates -- or perhaps any taxes at all.

Thank you!! Thomas Sowell

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I would give you a whole heap of stars for that followup if I could. Very good point and well put. All politicians do this, they are all social manipulators and chameleons even the good ones (if there is such a thing). Their jobs depend on it and no single one is innocent of this. Thanks RS, beautifully illustrated.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Great!...

Now why don't you demand that the Romney Campaign shut down the "African Americans for Mitt Romney" facebook page? AND no..I am not kidding, they have one.

Geez...election year does bring out the crazy threads.

top topics

join