It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Top 10 Must See Documentaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hi ATS.

Since i've got my college degree a few weeks back, i've got a lot of spare time.
I've got a job but that's only good for 24 hours a week.

So i've been watching some documentaries lately, some have been real eye opening, others just plain interesting to watch.

I decided to compile my own top 10 and share those with you.
Hoping to give you all some good nights on the couch with a bag of chips and bottle of brew

Some of you might find them as interesting as i did.

#1 - Walt Disney Ufo Documentary

Rare Disney UFO documentary, this documentary was only broadcast once in five US states, then it was shelved and never broadcast again. This version is the complete uncut feature, recorded to VHS video when it was first broadcast on celestial tv.

Not much info on the documentary itself but certainly worth a watch!

#2 - Bottled

Google Video Link

a new documentary about the bottled water industry from director Stephanie Soechtig and the producers of Who Killed the Electric Car?, is a pretty damning look at how consumers have been tricked into spending too much money on water packaged in plastic and quite often not as clean as what’s available from the faucet.

#3 - The Secret Government

In the revealing PBS video documentary The Secret Government, host Bill Moyers exposes the inner workings of a secret government much more vast that most people would ever imagine. Though originally broadcast in 1987, it is even more relevant today. Interviews with respected top military, intelligence, and government insiders reveal both the history and secret objectives of powerful groups in the hidden shadows of our government.

#4 - The World According To Monsanto

The World According to Monsanto pieces together the story of the St. Louis, Missouri, corporation, calling on hitherto unpublished documents and first-hand accounts by scientists, civil society representatives, victims of the company’s toxic activities, lawyers, politicians, and representatives of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Environmental Protection Agency. Based on a three-year investigation in North and South America, Europe and Asia, the film tells the tale of an industrial empire that, thanks in part to misleading reports, collusion with the American government, pressure tactics and attempts at corruption, has become one of the world’s biggest seed manufacturers.It shows how the clean, green image conveyed by the company’s advertising serves as a smoke screen for Monsanto’s quest for market supremacy, to the detriment of global food security and environmental stability.

#5 - Nature Weirdest Events

Nature's Weirdest Events Chris Packham presents this documentary investigating unusual natural events, with the help of eyewitness accounts, scientists and footage of the occurrences. The phenomena he explores include a storm that turned Sydney crimson, moths that cocooned a car in Holland, a case of exploding toads and disturbing plagues of mice and locusts.

In the first programme of this two-part series, Chris Packham takes us around the world to the scene of some of the weirdest natural events on the planet. With the help of footage taken by eyewitnesses and news crews, he unravels the facts and the science behind each phenomenon. There is the mysterious case of the car cocooned by caterpillars in Holland, and the baffling case of the exploding toads in Germany. In Switzerland a lakeside town is entombed in ice and a once in a lifetime storm turns Sydney, Australia crimson overnight. There are some disturbing plagues of mice and locusts and a swarm of ladybirds. And finally there are extraordinary strandings of starfish, crabs and whales. Chris tells the real story of the events behind the headlines and helps to explain what on earth happened.

The second in this two-part series about the weirdest natural events on the planet features the incredible sea foam which turns part of the Australian coast into what looks like the world's biggest bubble bath. Plus there is a look at the mysterious death of thousands of sea birds on America's west coast, and the otherworldly phenomenon known as milky seas. Other strange events include thousands of birds falling from the sky in America, causing panic and predictions of the apocalypse among the residents, and the fish that fell from the sky in south London. And finally there is the story of the truly terrifying holes which open up in the earth's crust and swallow not only buildings, but in the case of a nature reserve in Florida, an entire lake

#6 - The Fluoride Deception

Hailed as a harmless chemical that would prevent tooth decay, new evidence shows how fluoride could be linked to serious health problems. Fluoridation was first advanced in the US at the end of the second World War. Proponents argued that fluoride in water and toothpaste would help to protect teeth and prevent decay.

Over the following decades, fluoride was added to public water supplies across the country. While the benefits of fluoridation have been held to be unquestionable, accumulating evidence points to a frightening prospect: that fluoride may have serious adverse health effects, including infant mortality, congenital defects and IQ.

Now a new book, titled “The Fluoride Deception” by Christopher Bryson examines the background of the fluoridation debate. According to Bryson, research challenging fluoride’s safety was either suppressed or not conducted in the first place. He says fluoridation is a triumph not of medical science but of US government spin.

#7 - Walmart: The High Costs Of Low Prices

is a feature length documentary that uncovers a retail giant's assault on families and American values. The film dives into the deeply personal stories and everyday lives of families and communities struggling to fight a goliath. A working mother is forced to turn to public assistance to provide healthcare for her two small children. A Missouri family loses its business after Wal-Mart is given over $2 million to open its doors down the road. A mayor struggles to equip his first responders after Wal-Mart pulls out and relocates just outside the city limits. A community in California unites, takes on the giant, and wins!

#8 - Weapons Of Mass Deception

In their eye-opening new exposé, Weapons of Mass Deception: The Uses of Propaganda in Bush's War on Iraq, Rampton and Stauber take no prisoners as they reveal - headline by headline, news show by news show, press conference by press conference - the deliberate, aggressive, and highly successful public relations campaign that sold the Iraqi war to the American public.

CONTINUED NEXT POST

edit on 22-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

#9 - Ring Of Power

From the mystery religions of ancient Egypt to the Zionist role in 9/11, "Ring Of Power" unrevises 4000 years of revisionist human history with never - before - seen revelations. "Ring Of Power" puzzles together the pieces of a giant puzzle into one BIG PICTURE documentary series.

Part I: 9/11 THE UNTOLD STORY (38 min.) Half the world believes Muslims were responsible for 9/11. The other half believes Israeli Zionists were responsible. Who’s right?

Part II: HIDDEN EMPIRE (22 min.) The world’s most powerful empire is not the U.S.A. It is an empire that insiders call “Empire Of The City”.

Part III: TRAIL OF THE PHARAOHS (25 min.) Did the Biblical Abraham really live to be 175? Did Moses really turn staffs into snakes and rivers into blood?

Part IV: GOD AND THE QUEEN (30 min.) Genealogy charts show that British and French royalty are descendants of Mary Magdalene and Jesus Christ. Is it true?

Part V: ALL THE QUEEN’S MEN (22 min.) How rich and powerful is Queen Elizabeth II?

Part VI: THE GODFATHERS (30 min.) They scammed control of the Bank of England and the U.S. Federal Reserve, then they found GOD – Gold, Oil and Drugs.

Part VII: CHEATING AT MONOPOLY (52 min.) How many people would play a game of monopoly if the banker was cheating and fixing the rules? Over 6 billion.

Part VIII: ASSES OF EVIL (29 min.) The New World Order Mafia are invisible rulers who make puppets out of politicians, heroes out of villains and villains out of heroes.

Part IX: KING OF HEARTS (22 min.) The ultimate goal of “insiders” is to disarm the world and create one world empire under one world ruler. Who is he?

Part X: SOLUTIONS (28 min.) Protesting and writing letters to deaf politicians doesn’t work. What does work?

#10 - Project For The New American Century

The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was a neo-conservative think tank (1997 to 2006) that had strong ties to the American Enterprise Institute. PNAC's web site said it was "established in the spring of 1997" as "a non-profit, educational organization whose goal is to promote American global leadership."

well these were them.

i could list tens more but i'll stop here.

hope you enjoy!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Looks intriguing, bookmarked, thanks for sharing I am always up for a controversial documentary marathon

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Great choices and many of my favorites. I just watched Moyers Secret government 2 days ago and I think it's absolutely critical to understanding the current state of the US. We had the chance to expose and end secret foreign policy-making and corruption but failed to do so. You won't wonder why we have no control on our government any more after watching it.
Congrats on the diploma btw

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If you love a good documentary, no matter what this guy covers its always a great watch - he as a 6th sense for a good question. Check out the UK journalist louis theroux, cant go wrong.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Great choices and many of my favorites

thanks!

I tried to cover as many topics as i could, i could add a whole lot more.

but i´m glad you appreciate them.

I just watched Moyers Secret government 2 days ago and I think it's absolutely critical to understanding the current state of the US. We had the chance to expose and end secret foreign policy-making and corruption but failed to do so. You won't wonder why we have no control on our government any more after watching it.

well yeah, recently made a thread about that documentary.

just happened to stumble upon it and boy was that an eye-opener.

Congrats on the diploma btw

Much appreciated!

thanks!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
thanx for the post knOwhOw! im a doc. freak!
i've seen alot of these but a few i havent,so i'll have to check them out later.
peace

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I'll be sure to check him out.

Thanks for the headsup.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
dont forget about the documentary The Future of Food. Everyone should watch this. Scary and informative

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
Hi ATS.

Since i've got my college degree a few weeks back, i've got a lot of spare time.
I've got a job but that's only good for 24 hours a week.

Hi kn0wh0w. To get our degree is a great day in life, right ?

So, we can see you are "starting" your $ paid $ life. . . B-)

I STRONGLY suggest you to buy/see/rent the 3 DVDs linked in the first line of
my signature.

It is a reminder of where sience is, today, and where it may be going,
and where YOU may be going ! !

Blue skies.

top topics

join