It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - what happened in Saudi Arabia before 9-11, that the American people were never told of?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by map3820

Keep in mind that most military weapons that we provided are for deterrence more than anything. You may want to take a serious history lesson and then you can make an informed decision.

Right, because you need to believe that lest you want your world to crumble in.

All I observe is, you were ignorant on the Saudi kingdom, the Wahabi religion.

Just a side note; it is the military man/woman that prays for peace above all others because it is he/she that will bare the biggest wounds of war.

Not this time around buddy, not this time.

Where is peace by the way? Oh nowhere? Who is supplying arms to extremist governments? Oh you? Nice to meet you...

The thread is about trying to determine whether there was an event in 2000/2001 roughly which led to the issue of military ids to all Saudi nationals. Its starting to seem like there is nothing to this claim. It is not about the ethics of selling arms to any country.

All I can find is around that time is ids were issued to women for the first time and also
"In the early 2000s, the growing level of counterfeiting and fraud
against the paper-based ID booklet used by Saudi Arabian citizens
was diminishing confidence in the authenticity of the document.
The use of false documents and ID theft subjected the nation to
increased security concerns at a time when the population was
becoming increasingly mobile, global insecurity was on the rise, and
the workload of police, immigration and customs was mounting."
www.lasercard.com...

I believe these new cards were finally approved in 2004.
The National ID Card (Arabic: Bitaqat Al-Hawia Al-Wataniya بطاقة الهوية الوطنية), Commonly known by its old name Bitaqat Al-Ahwal Al-Madaniya

Lasercard are owned by
en.wikipedia.org...
who are owned by
en.wikipedia.org...
whos key shareholders are
www.assaabloy.com...

I tried web.archive.org/ but will not display any archive news for Minister Of Interior English based site at least. Their archive on current site only goes back to 2011, their page was first crawled in 2006 but like I say will not load the "news archive" section. Did this department even exist under its current name in 2000 / 2001 anyway?

We need someone who can read Arabic. Plus I think the calender is also different and starts from the birth of Mohammed eg in 570, 2000 is therefore 1430 ?

An arabic reader should be able to confirm/reject with a few google searches. I suppose it may be the case however that there werent as many online back then so not going to attract the kind of forum discussion as would nowadays. This could be a dead end.

I will try looking on the deepweb later. Tor etc

Hope someone will drop by though as this one has been bothering me a while.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
All americans are born into the SS system and issued a card.

Its about population control. Saudi wants to control their population also. Especially going into a major conflict in the middleast( the last ten years)

Who is calling the shots in Saudi? (U.S.A.) (UAE) (why so many abbreviations?)(to promote confusion) (ABC FBI CIA) how Orwellian are we really?
edit on 2/23/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
All americans are born into the SS system and issued a card.

Its about population control. Saudi wants to control their population also. Especially going into a major conflict in the middleast( the last ten years)

Who is calling the shots in Saudi? (U.S.A.) (UAE) (why so many abbreviations?)(to promote confusion) (ABC FBI CIA) how Orwellian are we really?
edit on 2/23/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

Here is an interesting article on the alleged Anglo/Saudi connection
rense.com...

Still nothing about mil ids though....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Some other possible considerations?

Michael Portillo faced intense pressure last night to reveal the full scale of his business affairs after leaked documents showed he was given secret payments by an oil giant. from Sunday 25 February 2001 He is the man responsible for setting Tory tax policy for oil companies.
www.guardian.co.uk...

MPs invest in arms and tobacco
Secret papers show that Parliament's pension fund spends millions on 'unethical' investments from Sunday 24 June 2001
www.guardian.co.uk...

Now of course the previous year we had the protests and blockades in the UK which ground industry to a halt in a matter of days. Possible motive - a rise in oil price? The people werent going to accept a price hike
This graph basically speaks for itself
www.wtrg.com...

In 2001 Saudi oil minister gave an interview saying he blames the US for the rise in oil prices in the 70s which he says were needed to save the US economy.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicrat
If there's any meat to the insinuation made in the quoted post from the OP, maybe someone can elaborate on it and share evidence. And if no one can corroborate the story, then it's likely just a piece of fiction. Considering the number of ATSers with military connections, it seems reasonable to ask if anyone here knows more about this.

Yeah, but what is it that he's actually insinuating? All he's saying is "something happened before 9/11 that the American people weren't told about", which is as generic as it gets. This includes everything up to and including our not being told about some Saudi company wanting to invest in some American company, but that isn't due to some sinister secret conspiracy. That's to prevent insider trading. The reason I mention this is because I notice he's asking "what happened" but not "why it happened", which almost certain invites quoting it out of context.

That's of course presuming he isn't just pulling our legs with this stunt to begin with...which I must admit, is what I have my money on.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

I think you're probably right. But the question was more specific than you make it sound, since it also included this:

Ask them if they still have their Saudi military ID's, and why did they have to get them.

Maybe there's nothing to it, and maybe whoever originally wrote that is pulling our leg, but I felt like it was worth seeing if anyone had any first-hand knowledge to elaborate or refute. So far it seems like there's no real meat here, though there were some interesting pieces of information shared.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

reply to post by GoodOlDave

I think you're probably right. But the question was more specific than you make it sound, since it also included this:

Ask them if they still have their Saudi military ID's, and why did they have to get them.

Maybe there's nothing to it, and maybe whoever originally wrote that is pulling our leg, but I felt like it was worth seeing if anyone had any first-hand knowledge to elaborate or refute. So far it seems like there's no real meat here, though there were some interesting pieces of information shared.

Agree, I dont think there is any substance to the assertion, I read through the wikileaks cables from the time last night , its is almost certain that something like that would be discussed in diplomatic cables from Riyadh.

It actually also states in the response to 9/11 that the Saudi message boards were wild with conspiracy theories naming everyone except Saudis, this the following day which of course is understandable from a people fearing a wide retaliation across the region due to the actions of a few extremists (inside job or not) and of course the name Bin Laden was already being associated with the attack.

Relations with Saudi were good at the time and the advice from the US embassy was the family should stay in power for stability, there had been progress on combating terrorism though the US wanted more co-operation with respect to extraditions of Arab's which wasn't taking place at the time

The growing anger of the time which was fueling the rise in extremism was a lot to do with the US being stationed in Saudi, such an important country for Islamic tradition as well as the obvious issue of continued support for Israel

It may be that the USA's only role in 9/11 was trying to not appear weak after one of their worst days and handled certain aspects in order to leave just enough doubt of a conspiracy, thus ensuring their enemies will never know for sure whether whether they did it to themselves particularly since the suspects are mostly dead now. There are plenty more questions but no more answers. We may never know for sure.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

"Ask them if they still have their Saudi military ID's, and why did they have to get them."

But what concerns me is that this question is really the same thing as asking someone whether they still beat their wives- it's a question based upon an assertion that hasn't been proven. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like he's saying select US personnel were given Saudi military IDs, which implies US personnel were masquerading as Saudi troops by some secret agreement with the Saudi government, and he's inquiring whether they are still doing this...and with this being posted in the 9/11 conspiracy forum, the innuendo he's creating here is self evident. I'm not seeing any proof to even show it ever even happened to begin with.

I have to presume this is his intention, as otherwise he'd just come out and ask if US troops in Saudi Arabia have to be issued government visas for them to stay there.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is silly.

I can't tell you, but you can find out.

This is even sillier.

Don't repeat what they tell you to anyone.

And saying this is vague is an understatement.

Something happened in Saudi Arabia before 9-11

To say the least, many, many things happened before 9-11 in regards to saudi arabia. The scandals are plenty regarding US-Saudi relations before 9-11. MUTAWA! JEDDAH! Bet that sent shivers down your spine.

And about the Saudi Military ID, I'm gonna guess pervius is referring to the infamous and ever elusive 'Protestant B' dog tags.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join