It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American journalist Marie Colvin killed in Homs, Syria.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is allegedly the aftermath of the attack. The bodies however are clearly unidentifiable.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

whats the evidence that Assad regime killed her and not muslim brotherhood.Maybe Muslim brotherhood did it to gain sympathy in the audience.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
WTF is this?
This is a thread about a dead person, who the f*ck cares what she was looking for or how "trustworthy" (WTF?!) she looks?

Who asked about what she was looking for?

Journalists take on these jobs as they are challenging and they know the risks involved. They are not stupid.

Thats obvious, as the woman lost an eye to shrapnel in Sri Lanka in 2001. She and Ochlik had passed through a dozen war zones. They knew the score.

It's extremely distasteful and disrespectful to bash her in her own death thread.

Erm...sorry but i dont see anyone 'bashing' her here. Theres a comment about the patch making her look a bit 'sketchy', but nothing disrespectful or distasteful.

Personally I don't know her and haven't ever heard of her or her articles but I know better than to disrespect the dead.

Again, whos disrespecting her, the comments until now have only lauded her fantastic work.

Imagine one of her relatives reading this thread right now..You people are horrible.

Sorry, i just dont see the need for your aggravation. Im sure her relatives would be proud to see her memory honored, and not just swept under the carpet like so many that cause problems to the government.
edit on 22-2-2012 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
She was clearly assassinated by the assad regime for trying to get the truth out.........

Proof of this 'clearly' please?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
She will be missed, this is a very sad situation for her family and friends who must have been so proud of her.

RIP

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Oh I think you are really off on this one, she looks so intelligent and sane, grounded in the face of such catastrophe. She looks beautiful imho.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
2 more...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
How awful! I just heard a recent interview with her and admired her courage to report from such a war-torn place. I've never heard of the photographer, but I pray that their families are at peace.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
reply to post by saroncan

Im sad to think the people that have instigated and are promoting this uprising are not doing enough to help them now they've started the fight.

Well that's because they didn't give a # about helping the people of Syria to begin with. If you look at the increasing rhetoric against Iran, it's obvious this was secretly supported to take away one of Iran's biggest allies, making military action against them that much easier.
edit on 22-2-2012 by broahes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join