It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPs warn over nuclear space bombs and solar flares

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk

The government must take more seriously the threat of a nuclear weapon being exploded in space by a rogue state, MPs have warned.

The Defence Select Committee said the resulting radiation pulse could disrupt power and water supplies, UK defence and satellite navigation systems.

Its chairman, Tory MP James Arbuthnot, said an attack was "quite likely".

The committee is urging ministers to invest in more "hardened" technology to cope with such an event.

It looked at the threat to the UK's technological infrastructure from "electro-magnetic pulse" (EMP) events in space, which co
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I read this article this morning and I just thought that it was interesting that even people in Government in the UK are now talking about the possibilty of Nukes in orbit and the effects of solar flares on our everyday lives...

I know that some believe that the Earth will be seriously affected by a flare perhaps one day BUT is this public comment by the UK Government REALLY a message to those in the know ??

It also follows on from a recent thread about the number of Top bankers leaving their jobs and even the Aussie PM today.... is 2012 really the time for us ??

Regards

PDUK

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
hi op

if theyre considering it
then you can be sure theres something there
terroists from space
sounds like some old b-movie lol

(like your sig)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Looks like this thread got double-posted (it happens). Here's the other thread, which has gotten more replies:

I'm closing this one (sorry about that Dave), but the other thread is alive and well.

Sorry for the hassle.

new topics

top topics

join