It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very smart Crow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I knew that Crows were smart but not that smart

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Did you ever see that skiing crow on that russian roof?Crows are smarter than a lot of people i know.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
There was a pigeon in london that used the tube system as its prefered method of travel, but no it never bought a ticket.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

ive seen this tho i heard it before with an announcing voice to it

ive also seen that skiing crow as well

but best evidence ive seen of crow intelligence was a TED talk
they explained their plan to make vending machines for crows
apparently they're smart enough to utilize social learning and they've taught crows to put garbage in vending machines for crow food and are plan to use them as a global garbage collecting force

i always thought ravens were better than crows tho

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I can't seem to find any video but I remember watching a show where they demonstrated the intelligence of a raven. The bird was put in a cage and a man put something into a safe behind the cage that had a keypad for a lock. The raven memorized the key combination that the man entered just by watching. When he left the room, the raven escaped from the cage, entered the combination into the keypad and opened the safe and stole the item. The bird then returned to the cage and latched it as if it had never been out.

It was really something to watch. I think they're smarter than most humans.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
My gramps always insisted that crows were much smarter than dolphins. From my own observations they are pretty slick creatures.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
What a smart crow i had no idea they could do something like this im impressed..Thanks for the video..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
We had a crow once as a pet. My sister picked him up, when he was a baby-crow and had fallen off (or pushed) from the nest. He couldn´t fly, but we gave him vitamines and good food, so he got stronger and stronger. He lived freely in our house and outside (learned to knock when he wanted to come back in btw), ate with us on the table corner, brought my Mom little pieces of food for present... it was great time After 2 years he finally learned to fly and got married as we like to say. A female crow showed up and started to fly over the house. They both made so strange and interesting sounds. And finally they flew away together.
Another interesting thing is, that we picked him up in the town almost 200 km from the place he grew up. But we had appartement in this town, so once we were moving to another appartement, all my family were there. It was over a year we´d had this crow, I don´t remember exactly. But when we had our last things packed into car and we started to drive to another place for good, there were suddenly crows everywhere, very many of them - they flew circling low over our heads for some time and then took off. It was like they knew we helped one of them and they came to say thank you :-). I´ve read theories, that animals and birds can somehow exchange information over long distance. There´s also many similar stories.
Yes, they are smart, very smart and with different personalities.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
These crows are manipulating the cats into fighting for their own amusement. Not very ethical, but then again, some Humans enjoy seeing those of our own species beat each other up.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

What an interesting story thanks for posting it

peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Birds aren't as dumb as people think.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
There was a pigeon in london that used the tube system as its prefered method of travel, but no it never bought a ticket.

My girlfriend said she saw a pigeon using the tube last year when she was in London. I had no idea it was famous

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This one is pretty awesome too

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The Corvids (Crows,Magpies,Jackdaws etc) are regarded as being amongst the most intelligent of the birds,I've witnessed Magpies in action in our garden,if there is a particlarly tasty tidbit on the grass that they like the look of and any of our cats are out,one generally will fly down in front of the cat(s) and lead them away from the item of interest whilst another swoops down and picks it up,both can then be seen enjoying their snack perched in the tree out of the cats reach.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Crows also hold a grudge.

And they like to have fun.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Anyone who has ever hunted crows can tell you they use group tactics and are extremely smart. They will con you into aiming at one while the others flee. I've had them flank me to get me off of another crow even. They are overpopulated here but amazing creatures to watch. Someday I would like to do a thesis on the crows of walmart, the unpaid janitorial crew.

join